Enlightenment is the elephant in the room

Enlightenment is an open secret

Immortality does not mean eternal life

Immortality means not-death

Immortality means not-life

Something is Not

Nothing is Not

There is no Not.

Enlightenment is the murder of the Ego by the Mind caused by increased awareness over time.

8 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Enlightenment is the murder of the Ego by the Mind caused by increased awareness over time.

If you increase your awareness really hard, then you'll see that the ego is just a misconception, it can't be killed because it does not even exist in the first place.

The ego is just the voice of the body from which you experience life + your beliefs/assumptions, nothing more.

BTW, who would want to kill the ego ? The ego ...

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

19 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Joseph Maynor and yet it is not. 

I agree Nahm.  But to say anything at all we must become dualists.  I use the theory I find least harmful and most comfortable and intuitive to me.  That’s why I phrase things the way I do.  I’ve thought this through.  It’s a good issue for people to see though.  Thanks for shining the light of awareness on it.  D’yall get this issue?  It’s a deep one.  It’s important for y’all to grok the issue Nahm is raising here.  I’ll do a post in my Journal outlining my key terms as well.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

16 hours ago, Shin said:

If you increase your awareness really hard, then you'll see that the ego is just a misconception, it can't be killed because it does not even exist in the first place.

The ego is just the voice of the body from which you experience life + your beliefs/assumptions, nothing more.

BTW, who would want to kill the ego ? The ego ...

I agree with you too Shin.  I use the language/theory I do because I find it to be the best way to present and teach Raising Awareness/Enlightenment.  See my reply to Nahm’s response.  Nice answer though!   We gotta be able to talk though; and to talk is to choose words.  And therein lies the dualistic rub!  So, each communicator must develop their own nomenclature to achieve the same shifts in awareness.  This is where creativity, independence, and teaching intersect. It’s kinda cool once you become fully aware of this!  It’s fascinating. There is no one right way to say things in teaching Enlightenment.  This is immensely deep!  I could nitpick the way every guru says things.  But it’s irrelevant when you consider the purpose behind their words/theory.  This work is all about raising awareness, not clinging to beliefs. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor @Shin @Nahm

Wicked cool theories, guys. As you can all see, I dualistically point to Truth by writing poetry. 

"The hardest thing is to explain the glaringly evident, which everyone has decided not to see." 

-Ayn Rand

Edited by Will Bigger
Found a cool quote

On 11/26/2017 at 3:34 AM, Will Bigger said:

"The hardest thing is to explain the glaringly evident, which everyone has decided not to see." 

-Ayn Rand

Oh the irony of that coming from Ayn Rand, lol.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

If you had to invent a philosophy that was polar opposite of non duality in every way, it would be Ayn Rand's objectivism. 

@Nahm yes usually hard for me to take an intellectual seriously when it's clear their entire world view would be blown to smithereens with a single DMT trip. my goodness the brilliant minds that get wasted on silly paradigms, it's such a shame. 

On 24-11-2017 at 11:28 PM, Will Bigger said:

Enlightenment is Existential Suicide

I would rather call it existential bliss.

Easy choices, hard life. Hard choices, easy life.

On 2017-11-26 at 0:26 AM, Joseph Maynor said:

And therein lies the dualistic rub!

For sure, language is a function of the very dualism it hopes to transcend. Once again, the strange loopiness of  'this sentence is false' speaks to this. Makes one just want to say AARRGGHH!!  ;)

Edited by snowleopard