Leo Gura

Important Announcement: New Bookmarks Feature

16 posts in this topic

The forum is getting a little bit of improvements. The biggest of which is a new bookmarking system.

The old bookmarking tool was quite bugged. I'm not sure if anyone used it.

The new bookmarking tool looks very similar, but has no bugs and gives you additional options.

To bookmark a post, click the "Bookmark" text link under any post. You will then have options for categorizing your bookmark, adding notes, and the option to make your bookmarks public or private. All your bookmarks are stored under: Your Username >> My Bookmarks

People can see a list of your publicly visible bookmarks on your profile page.

P.S. The old bookmarking system has been removed, killing any bookmarks you may have made. If you had any important bookmarks there which you really want back, I can temporarily re-active the old system for you to transfer your old stuff. I'm not sure how many people were using it. So let me know if you really need it back. If I reactivate the old system, you will then have about 1 week to transfer any bookmarks you want, after which point it will be gone forever.

The new system is much better. I'm excited to have folks using it.

Notice 11/21/2017: The new bookmarking system has been temporary deactivated so that people can retrieve info from the old system. DO NOT make any new bookmarks right now, because this is the old system.

Notice 11/23/2017: The new bookmarking system has been re-activated.

Notice 11/24/2017: Once again the old system has been reactivated so people can save all their old bookmarks. This is your last chance.

The old and new system look similar on the surface. How you can tell them apart is: the old system's bookmarks are stored in: Your Username >> Bookmarks    while the new system's bookmarks are stored in: Your Username >> My Bookmarks

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Awesome, glad it’s updated!

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

P.S. The old bookmarking system has been removed, killing any bookmarks you may have made. If you had any important bookmarks there which you really want back, I can temporarily re-active the old system for you to transfer your old stuff. I'm not sure how many people were using it. So let me know if you really need it back. If I reactivate the old system, you will then have about 1 week to transfer any bookmarks you want, after which point it will be gone forever.

Could I have that please ? I'll just copy paste them in one note real quick.

Bookmarks were really useful when stumbling accross a gem in a 6 to 30 pages topic since those are very hard to stumble upon otherwise.

I had like at least a dozen of them and never expected them to disappear.

@Lynnel Okay. Hurry up. I've reactivated the old bookmarks and deactivated the new ones for now.

@Leo Gura Copied my bookmarks. Thank for the heads-up. :)

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

@Leo Gura

I have 28 pages of bookmarks. These are the ones I made mostly to read later, but not all of them. A good thing I did was to copy quotes from the posts in the forum directly into my evernote, I have more then 50000 words of notes already but would like to copy the bookmarked ones also. So from what I understand I just need to copy and paste the content of the bookmarked comment into a document?

@AleksM However you like. You can maybe just save the URLs?

The new bookmarking system will have XML export of bookmarks, so that in the future you can download all your bookmarks easily.

Hey Leo, what do you think about the idea of adding sub-forums for your paid products ( the book list and the life purpose course), available only for paid costumers of course .

I would like to be able to discuss about your products with other people and maybe suggest some improvements, without leaking information that could harm business.

I know that these sub-forums might have very low traffic but i still think its a nice add-on for your paid costumers.

@Mr Being Can't you have that discussion in the Life Purpose sub-forum? Just try to have it without posting course content. Many people have been asking questions there without revealing too much.

Okay, the new bookmarking system has been re-activated.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Mr Being Can't you have that discussion in the Life Purpose sub-forum? Just try to have it without posting course content. Many people have been asking questions there without revealing too much.

I can, but its still not easy to not expose paid content without discussing freely on certain subjects that are essence to the product

Mentioning certain books from your life purpose course and your book list for example without revealing paid content is almost impossible.(of course you can discuss about any book freely but associating it with the product is a violation of copyright)

What about adding some suggestions for improvement or discussing about the structure of the product for people that want to know how other people approached the topics or if they need help when they get stuck specifically on certain points.

If you believe that  there wont be much people participating inside the sub forums, i understand . but i think its a good way to let people discuss freely on your products without risking posting deletion and hurting your business.

@Leo Gura The new bookmarking system is amazing. Thanks a lot for the effort, Leo! :D

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

@AleksM Okay, once again I have reactivated the old system. Hurry up. This is your last chance guys.