Faceless

Conflict

7 posts in this topic

Isn’t conflict a manifestation of the center. The “me” trying to improve myself. Isn’t this a movment in time/thought/knowledge? Time being I am this but I want to become that. Time is a movment of thought. We escape from what is to what should be which becomes a state of confliction. Also isn’t the fact that there is a division made by thought that the self is seperate from the thoughts themselves a direct cause of conflict?  Where there is division conflict is inevitable. So are we aware that this separation is a self projection created by the thought itself?

Ego, thought, Knowledge, time, are not seperate. This is the “me” “you”...Without this realization conflict is eternal. 

Just because there's black and white that doesn't mean they're mad at each other. Conflict is an idea. In the end you don't need conflict to improve yourself. You have your preferences and they don't have to be against each other. Often improvement does go through conflict though since our mind likes to think through arguing and finding an absolute answer.

Do we realize that we are conflict? Conflict is not an idea. We can see it in ourselves and in society. The nature of thought is divisive, contradicting, misleading, and a movment of confusion. Conflict is psychological disorder.

Anyone else see this? 

Edited by Faceless

U think so? Why do we need conflict psychologically? Isn’t self improvement a movment of desire by the center?

This attempt to be better is the reason we are not. How can the “entity” that needs to be better improve its self? This seems rather contradicting to say the least. This attempt to be better is a movment by the ego to become psychologically secure. It’s a projection by the self according to ones dispositions. Isn’t the idea of self improvement going about it the wrong way? It seems like this “improvement” of the self is nothing more than an attempt to become liberated through the movment of time/thought/knowledge. 

What do u think? 

@Faceless I have no idea...but it's likely that balance is the key with this, like most things...and this would likely be for both the internal conflict you mentioned, and external conflict in life....for example:

I totally cannot handle external conflict...I seem to do almost anything to avoid it...even at my own expense...this is something I have a lot of confusion around....to a certain degree, I likely need to have more acceptance...but probably not too much....because I see how easy it is for some to get really into it, to an extremely unhealthy degree...but I really don't know...

Acceptance of what is. This is the acceptance I meant. To not escape to what should be. Is it possible to remain with what is? And in that staying with the fact without the intention of escaping, can conflict or discord cease? 

Conflict is inevitable due to usage of thought within the psychological realm. We must accept that thought in the direction of the psyche produces this conflict, but we don’t have to accept our reactions to the never ending process of conflict.

If we learn/see how conflict in its nature and structure comes about and moves in action can’t we prevent unconscious reactions from catalyzing? Isn’t this the art of inquiring?