supremeyingyang

Too Much Talking

12 posts in this topic

Peace.

I'm so excitited about Self-Actualisation, that I'm driven to do this in all my free time. Leo, if you read this, you have taught me as much as my parents. Thank you.

So at the same time that I'm learning and strategizing I have literally no one in my social circle to talk about that. Not as a equal (allthough I have a martial arts teacher and I know a very capable yoga mistress which help me grow). 

Immortal Technique rapped in 'The Point of no Return':

"From now on, it can never be the same as before
'Cause the place that I'm from doesn't exist anymore"

That is the fucking point. I'm on my way to new things and most people are doing nothing I consider worth doing. You now what? Sometimes I watch myself. I almost preach some of these lessons to my people. But there is little worth in it, because almost nobody changes shit... And I think it's boring. The funny thing is that every looks at my like I'm a Guru or something, but this stuff* is so basic. And they still don't do shit. But they complain... Do you know that? Can you feel what I'm mean?

Besides, i feel great nowadays. I don't know. Sometimes I think life is a joke - but I'm the only one who get's it...

Cya

supremeyingyang

*edit: I don't have time to describe all those in depth, but there are some buzzwords and phrases: cold showers, don't worry be happy, make sport, eat cleaner, don't smoke tobacco, don't do drugs, have a purpose, think great, get up earlier, stop watching tv, do the knowledge, meditate from time to time...

Edited by supremeyingyang

@supremeyingyang
Change yourself in order to change the world. If at all the point when you should start trying to change others should be no sooner than after enlightenment, with the exception of people who ask for it of course.

3 hours ago, LaucherJunge said:

@supremeyingyang
Change yourself in order to change the world. If at all the point when you should start trying to change others should be no sooner than after enlightenment, with the exception of people who ask for it of course.

Well, thank you very much. Even though I didn't ask for help. Why shouldn't I change ppl before reaching enlightment?

@caterpillar

True to some degree. Do you think that one have to be alone?

47 minutes ago, Pelin said:

@supremeyingyang very old topic, but one of my first questions in this forum was the same. take a look:

Thank you. But the Problem is not that I talk too much shit. There is no real problem. I realised that there are people that wouldn't achieve knowledge if it would land ready to consume on their lap. This is where I talked too much and why I used this rather offtopic title. Do you have some kind of partners in your way of self-actualizing? I have no problem with being alone, but it would be nice to have someone to share my experience in real-life with. At the same time I feel that may be not possible.

@supremeyingyang actually no. I have some people to talk to about certain aspects of self-development / actualization, but I don’t have anyone to talk to about stuff like nonduality and enlightenment. I tried, like you to talk about it. And everytime I do it I regret it, as some concepts and experiences sound really absurd to a person who hasn’t experienced something like that. I even sometimes think I come off as crazy, seeing how people look at me. But I am not a hundred percent successful still. I’ve seen that sometimes it reaches out and some of my friends have told me a few days after, stuff like “I’ve been thinking about what you said” but I’ve never actually had someone take this thing seriously. I guess I’d rather not talk about it, especially at work because some people will never get it, label you as weirdo and make it hard for you to focus on your work, both jobwise and developmentwise.

about things like quitting smoking, meditating, eating clean... these are all just too superficial, and subjective. You can chitchat about them but don’t try to make people change their behavior. Accept them as they are, or you will suffer. I never talk about this stuff anymore. These are just ideas about practical life, and can be disproved. Don’t waste your energy on these ideas, there are lots of low consciousness people talking about this every day. Carry your work next level.

50 minutes ago, LaucherJunge said:

@supremeyingyang
Because changing yourself is way more effective. Be the change you want to see in the world.

First of all thank you very much and I do this already. But I don't know if you just want to troll me. That are truisms on fortune cookie level. And secondly what if the change I want to see in the world is to change SOME people minds?

@Pelin That is my point. Talking about these things makes no sense with some people - yet where are people that value this kind of talk.
So you would suggest to not talk to anyone about this. Do you have experience in meditation retreats to meet those people? I had some in school, but that was with people i were in a class with. Because I have 7 years experience in yoga and the people who are brag the most about enlightenment tend to be the most low conscious people... At the same time there are people who don't say a word for 4 weeks, but if you talk to them.. there is some deep spirit. If you can follow me. If that is true for retreats, it would be a mistake to seek for a fellow at a retreat.

@supremeyingyang I haven’t been to a retreat, there’s nothing like that where I live. But I bet your experience is accurate, the ones who talk know  nothing, and silent ones have so much value you have to wait for them to open. I’m working on being the second one, although not successful all the time. I might suggest you become the second one, too. Let people see the value in you and approach you. 

Btw, on a lighter note, what Gandhi means is that if you want to raise people’s consciousness (in your words change people’s minds), first of all raise your own consciousness and act true to your values. If you have been doing yoga and meditating for such a long time, you should be on the verge of nonjudgment, and if you don’t judge people what is there to change their minds? If you are still judging (I know I am sometimes) then there is need for improvement on your part, not other people’s.

Edited by Pelin

@supremeyingyang
Sometimes the deepest truths are the simplest ones.
That is exactly what I am talking about, changing other peoples mind needs certain capabilities, why do you think people follow enlightened masters?
If you start improving in many areas of life to a point where it almost seems supernatural to others, they will automatically start asking you for advice.

Edited by LaucherJunge

Yes, I judge things and people according to my values. I know that that's a ego game and I play it casually like a game of chess. You can judge on the surface but at a deeper level you know that its bullshit. Maybe I'll come to a point there I don't do this any more. And by the way.. you need some judgement at the current state society is at to survive. I use a technique where you do preparations and judgements if necessary and in the rest of your time you just be in the moment. Or did i misunderstood you?

@LaucherJunge Very True.

3 hours ago, supremeyingyang said:

Do you have some kind of partners in your way of self-actualizing? I have no problem with being alone, but it would be nice to have someone to share my experience in real-life with. At the same time I feel that may be not possible.

I am a doer but what you described often made me giving up projects half the way. It's hard to make changes in life. Especially when society makes you believe you are just a diploma or a part of one social group.

I think it's always good to start change quietly, just for youself. But it's hard to keep motivated if you are absolutely alone. That is why I am creating a community for goal sharing and finding patners. We can discuss about it in private messages if you want ;)