AleksM

How To Become Enlightened Guide #2

51 posts in this topic

On 19/11/2017 at 2:34 AM, AleksM said:

Enlightenment is not a final destination. There is no start and no finish. Enlightenment is a journey, it never ends. A never ending fractal. That's probably why very few people mention that they're enlightened, because they know, they are still on the journey of enlightenment and haven't finished it yet (a lot of them never realize that the journey will never be finished). So let go of the assumption that you need to finish this journey.

How can someone be called enlightened if the journey never ends:/

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

20 minutes ago, Saumaya said:

How can someone be called enlightened if the journey never ends:/

Usually those who say that is because they really have more work to do .

28 minutes ago, Blissout said:

Usually those who say that is because they really have more work to do .

Could be, but thats not my point.

He says that he is enlightened but then says the journey never ends.

I dont get these types of people. How can you say enlightenment is binary but also not binary.

As far as my understanding of enlightenment goes, when all separation is removed, you become enlightened. You realise your true nature that is One.

Now how can the hell is someone experiencing higher levels of enlightenment when One has always been the same?

What do these higher levels signify?

Why even use the word enlightenment when you are saying the journey never ends? Just call it higher levels consciousness or something.

There's Only One Truth!

1 hour ago, Saumaya said:

Could be, but thats not my point.

He says that he is enlightened but then says the journey never ends.

I dont get these types of people. How can you say enlightenment is binary but also not binary.

As far as my understanding of enlightenment goes, when all separation is removed, you become enlightened. You realise your true nature that is One.

Now how can the hell is someone experiencing higher levels of enlightenment when One has always been the same?

What do these higher levels signify?

Why even use the word enlightenment when you are saying the journey never ends? Just call it higher levels consciousness or something.

People tend to mean a thousand different stuff by the word Enlightenment. No wonder the whole spirituality business is messy af.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

24 minutes ago, Preetom said:

People tend to mean a thousand different stuff by the word Enlightenment. No wonder the whole spirituality business is messy af.

Hmm...I thought discovering one's true nature of existence and self was the agreed upon definition of enlightenment

There's Only One Truth!

1 hour ago, Saumaya said:

Hmm...I thought discovering one's true nature of existence and self was the agreed upon definition of enlightenment

That IS the true meaning of Enlightenment...until various people started selling various packages under the same name 'Enlightenment'.

Too bad to see how much of an empty shell this word has become.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

I think you are EGOic Enlightened. (focused on light and meaning) 

All Anyone Needs To Know Is that What's looking, is what You're Looking for. Simple.

The wave can study the ocean, meditate on the ocean, read books about the ocean, pray to the ocean, etc, ad nauseum. But, until it realizes, "Hey, I AM the ocean!". I AM what I'm looking for, then it's just chasing it's imaginary tail.

Edited by Anna1

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

VERY nice topic and pointers AleksM, thank you :D

Alex, are you a single? If yes, do you consider to having a girlfriend, wife in the future? I ask just our of curiosity. I am curious if enlightened people feel need to be with someone. 

Did your parents, friends noticed your change?

Can you still live, work like everyone?

Very interesting topic BTW.

@AleksM Is there any identification within you? Do you literally believe that the essence of your being is disembodied awareness? 

Never mind that. I saw in your post that you said you don't. Happy to see this post. 

Edited by FoxFoxFox