egoless

Stop Searching For Passion And Lp!

14 posts in this topic

Yesterday I watched that TED talk and it was very inspiring. We see all these videos on YouTube telling us to always discover and follow our passion and it conditions our brain. If we don't feel passionate in the moment we become unmotivated and lazy - sort of waiting for that unicorn (passion) to popp up on its own. Passion is feeling she says, and you should never chase the feeling. Rather you should fully concentrate on the present moment and explore current opportunities. Maybe you discover your passion in the process. Success brings passion and when you get successful at smth - you offer a great value to others - that becomes your LP! So maybe we are doing it otherwise. Maybe we should stop constant searching and concentrate on NOW!

Edited by egoless

Most people haven't even started, so what do they have to stop? :D

Any approach to finding life purpose is good as long as it brings results. I would say don't search for passion, but look for a life purpose that can eventually make you passionate about life the most. Stopping pursuit altogether isn't the brightest idea, because then you can simply fall into default postion and waste even more of your life.

2 hours ago, Girzo said:

Most people haven't even started, so what do they have to stop? :D

Any approach to finding life purpose is good as long as it brings results. I would say don't search for passion, but look for a life purpose that can eventually make you passionate about life the most. Stopping pursuit altogether isn't the brightest idea, because then you can simply fall into default postion and waste even more of your life.

Watch the video! Many many people waste theur lives doing nothing while waiting for that LP to miriculously appear.

passion comes with mastery and success...

And mastery and success comes from having a meaningful life purpose.

Searching for a life purpose is not sitting on a butt, waiting for a miracle to happen, but taking focused action towards this goal. We are talking about the same thing.

2 hours ago, Girzo said:

And mastery and success comes from having a meaningful life purpose.

Searching for a life purpose is not sitting on a butt, waiting for a miracle to happen, but taking focused action towards this goal. We are talking about the same thing.

Yeah but this advise is for people who don't know what they are passionate about or get excited by many different things. Then you actually need to start doing any of them but stick to it before you master it. Even if it will seem to you that this is not your LP and you should continue search. That's what creates disaster. Grass is always greener on the other side... Mind loves to trick us in every possible way.

Edited by egoless

The Now doesn't tell you jack about your authentic-self.  That's the paradox.  You can be deeply enlightened and still be clueless about your authentic-self.  Life-Purpose and Enlightenment are 2 very different sides of the same coin.  They're two different perspectives on the same reality.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Passions come and go along your life thats why I thing it's a bad choice to pick a long term career acording your passions. When I was a kid I loved painting, now as an adult I find it boring. Back then I hated numbers and finances, now I find crypto-trading interesting.

My conclusion is choose something that when you are doing it time flies and you melt into the moment.

Edited by Moreira

do stuff. the more you do it, the more you'll know whether you like it or not.

but do stuff. do something. start something new and try to get good at it.

unborn Truth

@Nahm Enlightenment without Life Purpose work is a bit too idealistic.  Life Purpose grounds Enlightenment in a way.  A lot of people don’t yet realize how much the Mind still has them by the balls (or ovaries) when they opine about Enlightenment.  Remember — all thoughts are just labels placed upon a sea of ever-changing sensations.  Even Enlightenment can become a trap if it is attached to in an unwholesome way.  Truth is false.  Did’ya grok that?  Truth is a mere label.  Reality is not concerned with labels.  Life Purpose is about understanding reality through observation.  So to that extent, Life Purpose is an application of awareness.  It’s a trap to cling too tightly to our cultural terms.  What are these labels worth really?  They’re mostly distractions that lead us into mental and linguistic side-shows.  Life Purpose gets at uncovering the facts of reality.  Enlightenment is mostly concerned with raising-awareness regarding beliefs.  Both are needed in this work though.  But concepts/ words/ beliefs will never give us the kind of truth we are expecting them to.  This may be the most devastating truth of all!  As our categories wax and wane, reality moves forward unaware of our yammerings left in tow.  We need to stop acting as if there is one right theory of reality!  That is so low-consciousness.  Of course there’s not one right (highly culturally idiosyncratic) theory of reality.  But we wanna be Scientists, right?  Watch out!  This is one area where Scientists can learn from the Philosophers.  Philosophy is 100 years ahead of Science in certain quarters of intellectual discourse today —and it’s been that way for the past 60-70 years now.  Two words — Ludwig Wittgenstein.  That dude turned culture on its ear in the early 1950’s.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

@Joseph Maynor Good mornin! This caught my attention...can you elaborate a little?....

“You can be deeply enlightened and still be clueless about your authentic-self.”

I must still be missing something. When someone becomes enlightened, they know their authentic self...the One...no?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Enlightened person can become fictional without being conscious of it ? maybe if he really quits all the spiritual practices after enlightenment and starts to pursuing a role. Who the heck would want to do that after that amazing journey he had to enlightenment-I'm wondering. . Didn't he realize then that after enlightenment journey continues ? So he stopped being authentic.  When someone becomes enlightened, they know their authentic self - of course he knows. He knows damn well. Otherwise how could he claim that "care, love and respect are source of happiness" ? 

There is a great book written on this same topic: so good they can't ignore you. The main idea is that passion is a side effect of becoming a master in your field. People that have a fulfilling career, in the beginning, had to go through the same doubts and painful experiences as everybody else.