Mircan

How To Be Less Egoistic And Arrogant

10 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, it's me again. 

Thanks for everyone who helped me with sharing their knowledge about the topic 'stop lieng' and I did great and got better at being honest. But this is not the topic for this post, I've had always had the problem with a lot of egoism and arrogance which greatly effected my relations badly in the past. Do you have any suggetions for self improvement in those topic? Thanks in advance :)

@Mircan arrogance usually comes from attachment to certain points of view. it happens when you think that someone's ideas are worth more then him/her or even define him/her.

how do you define yourself?

unborn Truth

Never say something about yourself unless someone asks you very specificity about that.  Now you can't brag about anything^_^

Always take in to consideration the viewpoints of the other person and value them. Never talk down on people.

As a quick way to tone down the issue I'd consider pros and cons of being arrogant. What does it give you and how does it hurt you? Anyway this won't take you far since you probably are unaware of how badly arrogance affects your thinking. Keep watching Leo's videos and meditate.

Shadow work + Meditation

Sarcaste <3 the Sarcasm in Me acknowledges and honors the Sarcasm in You 

Deep, deep suffering. Followed by peaks of consciousness to show you how deeply ignorant you are.

When you become conscious of how evil you are, that will stun your arrogance into silence.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

What is the nature and structure of the ego? In the understanding of the whole process and it’s implicaations we can distinguish with clarity when we are inattentive of the ego and it’s movmet. If we do not know the nature of ourselves “ego” we will not be able to identify various motives as they arise. If we are not aware of the substance of our motives honestly arrogance, antagonism, violence and so on will be projected on to others. 

Edited by Faceless

On 11/17/2017 at 7:24 AM, Leo Gura said:

When you become conscious of how evil you are, that will stun your arrogance into silence.

Not necessary, but this is a good ideal.

Arrogance can be very dangerous as it makes you untouchable in your mind, while there is a good chance that you still need to learn. For me it was a weapon against critic and sometimes i fall into the use of it.

Another point is if you observed that you are arrogant or that other people told you that you are arrogant to keep you down. No saint here. Done both.

Edited by supremeyingyang