Spiral

Is This A Problem Or Does It Just Make Sense.

16 posts in this topic

So I've noticed that most of the people who discover their life purpose here on the forum, has a life purpose that revolves around personal development.

That's alright and all but if that would apply generally we would be screwed because everyone can't be teaching personal development. I fear that we are mislead there because we feel like that's the best way to contribute. Also because I assume we have had found lots of use for personal development yourself.

I want to see more: "I want to be doctor" or something, but almost everyone I see here wants to do personal development of some kind. Even I'm like: "yeah let's start a YouTube channel" but in that case I would just fall into the same trap myself.

On the other  hand perhaps I makes sense because we are all into pd and most people find their life purpose without personal development. 

How do you feel about that?

I think I have a good spin on that topic by going for being a psychologist, where I plan to incorporate much of pd. It seems authentic to me and I think that is what counts.

Yeah, I've noticed that too. 

I even think there are inherent biases to the course, as in the first section you've got statements like "Make passion your first priority!" (and afterwards we're asked about values), or musings about how creativity is important... so that you're much more likely to want to be an artist than an acountant. Yeah. Influences. Biases. Can't be helped. 

It's also not just "not everyone can be a pd teacher", but "not everyone can realize their life purpose at work", because you know, these mundane jobs have to be done too. It's basically "not everyone can be above average -- by definition". 

But don't worry. Not everyone finds personal development important. Not sure where that leaves us ;) I guess ... just have the courage to be authentic even if it's contradicting what Leo sais ;)

@Elisabeth Creativity is important in almost any career. You wouldn't develop a damn thing without a spark of it. No iPod, no iPhone, no breakthroughs in Math. Every scientist needs to be creative in his or her research in order to discover something profound.

Also, I believe so many people want to become PD teachers, because that's what the world lacks. On the otherside it can be an excuse for lazy people to avoid learning some useful specialized skills and just say: "Ohh, I will stick with personal development", so I get your point.

3 hours ago, Elisabeth said:

"not everyone can be above average -- by definition"

But the average can be WAY higher. :D

Yhea I feel the same. It's like we're bought into Leo's vision and that automatically makes our purpose go in the same general direction. But then again personal development has been the only consistent thing I love doing over the last 3 year's.

My spin on it is that I love the video format so I really want to master that. It has done so much for me personally and I get absorbed while making it.

I also feel it's a growing market. As we distance ourselves more and more from nature our mental get fucked up. People are realizing this, but then again maybe I think that because I'm involved in the community.  What I do know for sure is that more and more people are getting burn outs and things of that nature so their forced into this type of work. There a coach comes in handy ;)

And what are my other options, lol becoming a banker or lawyer, no thanks. 

There’s a quantum physics forum i check out sometimes. Most people there want to be physicists.  The Plumber Development forum probably has plumbers.  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

guys - I also have noticed my gravitation towards PD but I think I have another perspective on this:

all authentic, proper dreams are PD in the end. You want to share your gifts and improve the world. Perhaps the most profound and powerful progress is rooted in sharing your knowledge with others. 

Im halfway through the course, but I suspect by the end I'll have something more specific and authentic to me. 

My life purpose is to do with engineering (Renewable and Hydrogen Energy - it's really cool!) if that helps your survey.  

I didn't see anyone that wants to be a Grey Jedi, I DO !

flat,800x800,070,f.u6.jpg

That seems oddly familliar, I wonder where does that comes from ... 

9_9

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Spiral There a plenty of people here who are into programming, engineering, etc.

Life purpose has nothing do with personal development.

The reason most of you guys are gravitating there is because you're lazy and you're just going with the most obvious thing you see. For this reason it's bad that I ever shared my LP with you.

It's very important to craft your own custom LP. If it truly turns out to be personal development, so be it, but for most people that shouldn't be the case if they do it right.

And even if it turns out to be PD, you have bring something new to the table. You cannot just be a copycat. That's not proper LP. No one is authentically passionate about being a copycat. Dig deeper into what you really want to create. Creation is innovation.

If you're thinking "Let's start a YT channel", that's NOT it. That's putting the cart before the horse. "Let's start a YT channel" is not a passion. That's just one medium. And an oversaturated one at that.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Yes you're absolutely right, have no idea what my life purpose is, I don't even own you course.

But Leo, we have to start SOMEWHERE. So, if 'let's start a YT channel' is the step you take to find your LP, it's pretty fine. 

Whatever happens..
The Truth will free my soul

I'm actually starting a YT channel about personal development in my language, lol, except I don't take it as Life Purpose yet.

I legitimately do not see anything more important and impactful than educating people about higher values and higher consciousness right now. Also, I love to do deep research, to gather insights, knowledge and wisdom and I love to see how my creativity affects other people.

I want to become a person, which helps humanity to move to next stage of development - to more conscious life.

It's so exciting to be like a scientist, like a discoverer, like a mage traveling across unseen worlds. To discover possibilities of reality and consciousness like astronauts in movies discover other planets. Like shamans, psychonauts and witches discover other realms. It's like to be a 1000 years old wizard. Except it's even more important and deep than being a wizard.

When I was a lawyer, I hated that I always had to work with artificial conflicts, papers, contracts, courts. It makes no sense. What's the ultimate purpose of all this? What's the importance of all this? I always wanted to be doing something tangible, important and that makes sense. For example, to do some deep medical research, to discover aliens or magic or new laws of physics or travel in other realms. 

Diving deeper into personal development gives me a chance to become a scientist, a researcher (doing his experiments even, where the lab is his own life), a bringer of knowledge, a discoverer. It makes me feel more like a Hero on Hero's Journey.  

Of course, I do not have any serious knowledge or skills yet. And I do not have absolute confidence what my LP is. However, I think that this my activity with YT channel and then possibly with a blog, will lead my life closer to my true Life Purpose.

13 hours ago, Joyboy said:

But Leo, we have to start SOMEWHERE. So, if 'let's start a YT channel' is the step you take to find your LP, it's pretty fine. 

Start by thinking outside the box.

It's not hard to be original. Just throw out the first 10 ideas you get. Those first 10 ideas, every lazy fool gets, and fails at.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 11/16/2017 at 0:16 PM, Spiral said:

almost everyone I see here wants to do personal development of some kind.

this, here, is par for the course. this is a site for people passionate about life purpose. a larger number of these people than usual will find deep passion in work revolving around personal development. (edit:  shout-out to @Nahm because we said basically the same thing here lol)

But it isn't so limiting as you* think, people help each other a lot more than is really realized. you can find wisdom from doctors, therapists, physical therapists, religious leaders, trainers at gyms, yoga teachers, school teachers, professors, in fact even a boss or manager has ample opportunity to train newbies on personal development, especially one who works as manager in a small town store.  personal development is your life purpose but you don't want to be a cliche like all the rest? go into your hometown, become a manager at wallmart, and constantly train all the newbies in ways that changes their life. they temp through wall mart for a few months or years, than go off to pursue their own dreams, spring-loaded from your advise as you trained them in walmart.

*you meaning op and anyone else curious about the same concern

Edited by alyra

also piggybacking @Girzo @beastmode I really agree! there is certainly space for PD to become successful right now - a low supply of PD advisors/counselors/etc - if there weren't, we wouldn't have a huge ol' country all panicking about some silly president :P and there's definitely truth in the "nonduality" of considering all professions as personal growth.  the #1 question of nearly every career is, "how are you going to advance your career" this inherently leads to self-growth. humans in fact, naturally without trying, they develop themselves over time too! old fogeys  are stereotypically wise and stoic, and young whippersnappers are notoriously foolish dreamers not worth a damn :P personal growth is secretly everyone's passion, or is it really the other way around - everyone's diverse interests in life all involve personal growth in some facet. We all here just like Leo so we talk a lot about consciousness work, and think it's all the highest form of personal growth, but those plumbers dedicated to plumbing sure as hell are passionate about plumbing being the truest life purpose.