DnoReally

What The Hell Is Sound?

21 posts in this topic

There was something about the episode from 2 weeks ago that struck me, and I actually started looking up stuff  I took for granted.
The very first thing that came to my mind was sound or rather how we perceive sound. It's very trivial, but seriously, where does sound even take place?

It's some kind of spacial illusion, that suggestes that there is a "place" in the head where hearing takes place. But then I realized that all human experience has this illusory nature of  "taking place" somewhere. Dno if that fits in here, but it's an experience very easy to reproduce and I would recommend everyone just listening to a piece of music and inquire where the hell this sound is coming from.

(For me it was this particular video :^) )

Edited by DnoReally

21 hours ago, DnoReally said:

There was something about the episode from 2 weeks ago that struck me, and I actually started looking up stuff  I took for granted.
The very first thing that came to my mind was sound or rather how we perceive sound. It's very trivial, but seriously, where does sound even take place?

It's some kind of spacial illusion, that suggestes that there is a "place" in the head where hearing takes place. But then I realized that all human experience has this illusory nature of  "taking place" somewhere. Dno if that fits in here, but it's an experience very easy to reproduce and I would recommend everyone just listening to a piece of music and inquire where the hell this sound is coming from.

(For me it was this particular video :^) )

This is the root - all experiences (sights, sounds, feelings, thoughts etc) appear in the same space of knowing. 

Notice they do not appear in different places. It is the same dimensionless point of awareness which contains all.

Btw, this was one amazing performance 

Edited by Dodo

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

isn't sound vibration created by other things? if it's an illusion why do we have ears? 

Edited by BjarkeT

@Nahm how? It doesn't make any sense 

why would the body have ears to be able to "detect" sounds if both just are an illusion why would they have evolved over time if its not real? Sorry but it doesn't make any sense from what I understand of evolution 

what are the knowledge(or proof) we have that ears and sound are an illusion?

Edited by BjarkeT

23 hours ago, DnoReally said:

What the hell is sound?

A very good question. You should contemplate that deeply.

Might even lead to an enlightenment experience or two ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Sound is vibration, we are vibration, we are sound. 

But there is also God - The space of awareness for all these different vibrations to arise and be known.

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

@Nahm i am sorry but i still don't get what i did well(except if it was the points i had maybe?) glad it wasn't an insult? :)

Edited by BjarkeT

2 hours ago, Dodo said:

Notice they do not appear in different places. It is the same dimensionless point of awareness which contains all.

Yeah, I was thinking something very similarly. Also, when looking at the brain as some kind of computer I think that all kind of information, and by that I mean encoded sensory experience, is of the same kind or format and just interpreted differently. (I have no evidence for that at all)

@DnoReally Here is one more contemplation for you to do. Look at the wall and imagine let's say a very sexy girl without closing your eyes (I know it's tempting :D ). You can see that girl in front of you without even closing your eyes. where did she appear from? Is not that more powerful than sound inquiry? 

Edited by egoless

energy vibrating at a certain frequency just like everything else in existence is energy vibrating at a certain frequency

B R E A T H E

42 minutes ago, egoless said:

@DnoReally Here is one more contemplation for you to do. Look at the wall and imagine let's say a very sexy girl without closing your eyes (I know it's tempting :D ). You can see that girl in front of you without even closing your eyes. where did she appear from? Is not that more powerful than sound inquiry? 

It's strange, when I try to put something in my visual field without closing my eyes, I, or rather my eyes tend to wander around. The mental image and the visual experience don't really overlap as if they were completely separated.

Edited by DnoReally