Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ether

How Is A Meditation Retreat Like?

8 posts in this topic

How much time do you spend there? Do they have rooms? Do you sleep in the same room with other people? Can I go by myself if Im only 17?

Depends which one you take though unless you have some condition most of the things will provably be fine and I am quite sure that on Vipassana allows younger people too. Just search a bit.

When it rains, it pours like hell.
-Insomnium

My blog: dragallur.wordpress.com

• You spend all week there, 24/7
  • Yes, they provide rooms and food.
  • Usually it's two people per room on separate beds. Although often you can pay extra for a private room. I usually pay extra.
  • 17 should be fine

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura What do you do when you are not meditating? Sight-seeing? Or do you meditate all day?

@Ether on vipassana retreat when I went we had big rooms. I slept with other 9 people in a large room.

you meditate almost all day , in free time you can walk in nature, sit in the sun, feel the connection you have with nature, take a nap, ...

You aren’t allowed to speak with anyone except the teacher or some assistant for important issues

Observe reality as it is, not as you would like it to be 

@Ether Retreats are awesome. At least so far all my retreats have been. I can't wait to go for another. It's so nice to have the time and freedom to spend all day meditating without having to worry about anything. If you do manage to go on retreat, count yourself lucky and don't half-ass it. Not many people have the luxury to be able to do something like that.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

@nick96 Dude, i dont want to meditate all day Lmao. I might get tired of meditating.

You cant speak with no one else? Wow