How to be wise

Did Sadhguru Go Mad?

150 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, blazed said:

People dont ask him questions like what's 1+1=?

They ask them philosophical questions, what is life? who am i? what am I? what is existence? what is conciousness? what is my purpose? What should I do? How do I find myself,this or that?

What do you expect the guy to give as an answer??? :D

That's what I am saying, some ask very simple practical questions and there is no answer.

I have no interest in such questions like you stated above, as they are just concepts... the whole point is to experience it from direct experience.

Until few weeks ago I didn't know what the phrase "seeing the self in everything, seeing god in everything" means...

Now from direct experience I am experiencing this what was a mere concept, fantasy/imagination for me.

That's why I keep repeating on this forum that only practice is what will bring results and not listening to hours of conversations with gurus that talk about the absolute truth

You guys telling fairy tales.. Show the video link where Sadhguru said he can levitate and fly. Don't confuse people... At least if he said that I am pretty sure you misunderstood the context and he was joking.

Sadhguru is a wise enough being to know if he does levitate to keep it to him self. Display of such powers would only serve an injustice to others.

On 15/11/2017 at 0:51 AM, Leo Gura said:

He is hardcore as fuck. He is what I imagine Jesus must have been like.

What makes you say so? I watched a couple of his videos sometime ago, but I didn't find any value in his teachings. Apparently I was really wrong if you compare him to Jesus xD

Do you mind sharing one, or more, of his videos that you think are a must watch? I hope I will realize how big of a mistake I made :)

22 minutes ago, Brivido said:

What makes you say so? I watched a couple of his videos sometime ago, but I didn't find any value in his teachings. Apparently I was really wrong if you compare him to Jesus xD

Do you mind sharing one, or more, of his videos that you think are a must watch? I hope I will realize how big of a mistake I made :)

I think at least this will be a practical one for you lol

25 minutes ago, Brivido said:

"Great wisdom looks like stupidity." -- Lao Tzu

Indeed, you are very wrong. But I will leave it to you to figure that out.

The things being spoke here, none of you are prepared to comprehend yet. Your minds are too closed. You are wasting your time with this mental masturbation. Go self-inquire!

Maybe in 20 years you can come back here and understand.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Shiva said:

Can anybody provide a source for this? I have watched dozens of his videos but I never heard him say that... 

I haven't heard him saying that could levitate or walk through walls .. But I have heard him saying many things similar..

1) In his biography, it is mentioned that he could see through people's clothes.

2) He once said that he held a cup of water for two minutes and the water tasted sweet: https://www.quora.com/What-are-scientists’-opinions-on-Sadhguru-Jaggi-Vasudevs-IIT-Madras-talk-about-water-having-memory-and-his-abilities-to-manipulate-its-taste-via-telekinesis/answer/Shanmugam-P-12

3) He said in a video that he has the ability to predict future..

4) He has claimed many other things like ability to control disembodied beings, ability to see auras, even making choices for other people regarding their next birth etc..

I know him for the past 13 years.. And I doubt that anyone else here in this forum had such a close opportunity to know him this much. I am totally open minded and skeptical at the same time.. For the first 12 years I had enormous trust on him and thought he is speaking the truth. But now I know that he is lying 90% of the time..

Read this first: https://www.quora.com/What-do-you-think-of-Sadhguru-Jaggi-Vasudev/answer/Shanmugam-P-12

Then I will probably continue..

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

@Shanmugam Can you provide video link where he says he can predict future?

Edited by egoless

If you want to understand the secrets of the universe, think in terms of Energy, Frequency and Vibration - Nikola Tesla

If you had access to knowledge how to tune/shift your bodies=ultimately = energy> vibratory frequency you can most definitely walk through walls, how do you think they used sound vibrations to move large objects in ancient times?

When you smack a tuning fork, it vibrates to make the sound but do you see it? there yo go :)

Its quite a simple understanding but having the knowledge how to apply it is a wholeeee other level.

See as a child my mission was to gain superpowers then i experienced an Enlightenment through the desire to gain those powers and i completely forgot all about them as soon after i realized those little things weren't even powerful at all and all were pointless to access compared to what i had just realized and experienced.

Walking through walls and levitating is attractive to the curious yet conditioned mind, to the pure or enlightened mind(so to speak) these become of no interest in that infinite moment as it is of no importance and of no need for this time/day/age.

B R E A T H E

1 hour ago, egoless said:

@Shanmugam Can you provide video link where he says he can predict future?

I don't have the link to the full video, but I came across this video which includes the clip where he said he could do it:

a

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

3 minutes ago, Shanmugam said:

I don't have the link to the full video, but I came across this video which includes the clip where he said he could do it:

a

First of all, there is nothing shocking in healing ability of spiritual teacher. In my opinion spirituality can heal depression, anxiety and even some physical pains. About predicting future I am not sure what was the context here. Anyways this video is very limited to discuss anything seriously here. Plus we don't know what happens in deepest levels of realization and understanding. Thus we can not understand their meaning and metaphors. 

6 minutes ago, egoless said:

First of all, there is nothing shocking in healing ability of spiritual teacher. In my opinion spirituality can heal depression, anxiety and even some physical pains. About predicting future I am not sure what was the context here. Anyways this video is very limited to discuss anything seriously here. Plus we don't know what happens in deepest levels of realization and understanding. Thus we can not understand their meaning and metaphors. 

"we don't know what happens in deepest levels of realization "

We? How did you assume that I don' know what happens in deepest levels of realization?

If you don't know, just say you don't know...Don't say we don't know. You would never know who the other person you are talking to is, especially when we are miles away... ;)

One thing that always makes me smile whenever someone objects to any criticism I have about him is this: The response would be exactly similar to how I myself would have responded a few years ago..

As I said in the previous post, I know one thing about Sadhguru for sure..He doesn't hesitate to lie as much as he wants and almost 90% of what he says about him are lies..

Do you know what is begging the question? Here is an example:

"Person A: Bible is infallible.

Person B: Where is the proof for that?

Person A: Bible says so"

This is exactly what is happening with people who are listening to Sadhguru. First they conclude he is enlightened. Then they will analyse whatever he says with the premise that he is already enlightened.They never question the premise.. It is very difficult, because I know that I didn't question the premise either, for about 12 years.

In the other thread you asked how is it possible for a person to be so insightful if he is not enlightened.. Yes, it is possible. You can get a certain clarity by just walking few miles on the path. Just go through a few deep spiritual experiences and get some insight about your mind, you will sound brilliant. But, you will mislead people if you talk about enlightenment.

Sadhguru is an imitation of Osho. There is an organization called Osho Sannidhi right at the bottom of Chamundi hills. It sells Osho's books. I have heard from people that he used to buy Osho's books there and go to the top of Chamundi hill for reading. I am not sure if you read the other link I gave you. If not then read it word by word, till the bottom. Here is the link again: https://www.quora.com/What-do-you-think-of-Sadhguru-Jaggi-Vasudev/answer/Shanmugam-P-12

Shanmugam 

2 hours ago, Shanmugam said:

I haven't heard him saying that could levitate or walk through walls .. But I have heard him saying many things similar..

1) In his biography, it is mentioned that he could see through people's clothes.

2) He once said that he held a cup of water for two minutes and the water tasted sweet: https://www.quora.com/What-are-scientists’-opinions-on-Sadhguru-Jaggi-Vasudevs-IIT-Madras-talk-about-water-having-memory-and-his-abilities-to-manipulate-its-taste-via-telekinesis/answer/Shanmugam-P-12

3) He said in a video that he has the ability to predict future..

4) He has claimed many other things like ability to control disembodied beings, ability to see auras, even making choices for other people regarding their next birth etc..

I know him for the past 13 years.. And I doubt that anyone else here in this forum had such a close opportunity to know him this much. I am totally open minded and skeptical at the same time.. For the first 12 years I had enormous trust on him and thought he is speaking the truth. But now I know that he is lying 90% of the time..

Read this first: https://www.quora.com/What-do-you-think-of-Sadhguru-Jaggi-Vasudev/answer/Shanmugam-P-12

Then I will probably continue..

All those are common abilities for advanced yogis.

You guys still aren't getting it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Shanmugam Your words from your book - "Is Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev a Conman?" :

"As I said, whether he is enlightened or not, I don’t know. But even enlightened people are fallible." - You can't even prove that he is falsifying his Enlightenment the rest of your analysis is based on that assumption in you previous post.

"When anyone asks me about it, I usually just describe what happened to me instead of associating it with a word. And Sadhguru’s many comments on enlightenment sound quite foreign to my reality." - The fact that Sadhguru's way of expressing does not resonate means nothing. There could be several reasons. One - He is in more deeper understanding than you. Two - yes you are right. Three - you are wrong about your " Enlightenment" (I know you don't like to be called so :)  )

Maybe he has siddhis, maybe not. Maybe he is enlightened, maybe not. Question is: how many are really waking up with him?

2 minutes ago, egoless said:

@Shanmugam Your words from your book - "Is Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev a Conman?" :

"As I said, whether he is enlightened or not, I don’t know. But even enlightened people are fallible." - You can't even prove that he is falsifying his Enlightenment the rest of your analysis is based on that assumption in you previous post.

"When anyone asks me about it, I usually just describe what happened to me instead of associating it with a word. And Sadhguru’s many comments on enlightenment sound quite foreign to my reality." - The fact that Sadhguru's way of expressing does not resonate means nothing. There could be several reasons. One - He is in more deeper understanding than you. Two - yes you are right. Three - you are wrong about your " Enlightenment" (I know you don't like to be called so :)  )

I don't want to be certain about anyone's enlightenment, including whatever hell that happened to me because the word 'enlightenment' doesn't really have a single definition.

"The fact that Sadhguru's way of expressing does not resonate means nothing." - Actually, it resonated with me before I went through a  transformation .. I didn't resonate with me after that. Because, I could see him in a totally different way after the transformation. This time there was nothing to lose.

Let me repeat what I said in one of my posts:

One thing that always makes me smile whenever someone objects to any criticism I have about him is this: The response would be exactly similar to how I myself would have responded a few years ago..

Read this first: https://www.quora.com/What-do-you-think-of-Sadhguru-Jaggi-Vasudev/answer/Shanmugam-P-12

You said 'Plus we don't know what happens in deepest levels of realization and understanding'... First, you don't know what is going to happen to you, what kind of mindset you have and what you will think about Sadhguru after 13 years.. I didn't know that either, 13 years before... And trust me, I would have said the same thing that you just said in your reply..

Anyway, I appreciate that you consider all the possibilities, as you said "There could be several reasons. One - He is in more deeper understanding than you. Two - yes you are right. Three - you are wrong about your " Enlightenment"..

Some people dont even do that, they just cling to one possibility.

Anyway, I know it is very hard to convince someone who thinks Sadhguru is speaking the truth... People couldn't convince me either, 5 years before...

Shanmugam 

@Shanmugam  in my opinion you are just afraid that people treat Sadhguru's words like someone on blue level of Graves' Spiral would do. That means treating it as an absolute truth based only on authority and desire to know better than others. That's not the case, most people on these fofum are either on level orange or higher. On the other hand, your opinions are totally orange-biased, you are acting like this stereotypical indian IT guy, who came to america and now calls bullshit on spirituality, because bussiness is what runs the world, reality is material and meditation is only a relaxation exercise. 

You know, it's not about believing if Sadhguru is saying truth or not, but being open to those paranormal phenomenas being possible.

He's obviously not enlightened, far from it. Compare his teachings and presence to that of Tolle. It's pretty obvious, come on guys.

What does Sadhguru mean by that for 99% of people the moment of enlightenment is the moment you leave your body?