How to be wise

Did Sadhguru Go Mad?

150 posts in this topic

If they shared more than 2%, you'd think they are batshit crazy.

We are in the Dark Ages still. The world at large isn't ready for these kinds of teachings.

Look at Teal Swan for example. She needs security guards at her meet ups because people do death threats to her. Why? Because she talks about New-Agey stuff that pisses people's paradigms off.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@username No, I personally don't get into that kind of stuff. Not because I think it's necessarily BS, but because my focus is on figuring out reality from scratch for myself. I don't like depending on any guru or any technique or anyone. My premise is: whatever is ultimately true must be achievable independent of any human teacher or teaching.

For me, the most powerful method is solo-retreats and psychedelics. Nothing is as direct as that.

With that said, I have studied hundreds of different teachers. So I am not opposed to learning from people.

@username I am generally open to all techniques. It's just a matter of limited time and energy. I already have a backlog of techniques and things to try out. Years worth. So I have to be very selective.

20 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@username I am generally open to all techniques. It's just a matter of limited time and energy. I already have a backlog of techniques and things to try out. Years worth. So I have to be very selective.

Have you ever heard smth about natural talent of meditation? My recent meditations have been very very powerful and it comes out more and more naturally for me. I've heard people can't achieve that in years.

Don't like him.

People ask him a question and he doesn't get to the point and directly answer it.

And in the end he really doesn't answer the question like the practioner asked.

Next!

@Blissout I spoil you guys with too many answers. That's the problem.

It's hard to take a man seriously when he is claiming to levitate and walk through walls in his free time. Even if it is true, don't say it without actual proof. I know mere mortals such as me probably wouldn't be able to perceive his otherworldly acts, but I feel that a true enlightened master should find a way to integrate his teachings to others to further the global consciousness level and have total humility about his supposed level of consciousness. Maybe I'm idealizing enlightened folks too much but like a great philosopher once said: "With great power comes great responsibility."

Edited by vizual

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The appropriate response is to know your ignorance and be humble

Go to 3:00

7 hours ago, egoless said:

My recent meditations have been very very powerful and it comes out more and more naturally for me. I've heard people can't achieve that in years.

I know what you're feeling. But now imagine advancing to the next level and feeling radically more aware compared to your current state, as much as you have felt compared to your previous state. And now realize that there are 1000's of levels to go, each radically different. That's the level of a spiritual master.

Please don't fool yourself and pay credit where it's due. You have been taking psychedelics, I think that is a real reason of your recent advancement, not a any sort of natural talent. And remeber that there's still long way to go. I have to repeat that to myself everyday. I hope it will help you too!

2 hours ago, Shiva said:

Have you ever wondered why that may be the case? Perhaps it is wise not to hand out all the answers to large groups of people right away.

Yes, because maybe he fails as a teacher and I should listen to someone that actually knows how to respond to a person.

If he can't answer a simple question about practical advice, that's pretty bad...

If ramana can, why can't he?

I don't get it why most people on this forum are looking up to those who are popular on social media, and really they aren't that impressive.

Trust me if you dig a little bit deeper, you will come along beings that are pretty much not known at all to the majority and are liberated as much as ramana and all those other ancients jnani yogis are.

PS: direct questions = direct answers = value. for your own sake avoid people that go around the question or not answering it at all.

Have you thought maybe why all those gurus are so popular on social media?

Edited by Blissout

2 hours ago, Blissout said:

If ramana can, why can't he?

Ramana wasn't answering anything most of the time even if he was asked. He was silent most of the time. That was his main answer.

Not answering questions directly is a way of cutting through the bullshit that questions carry.

It's similar to not following a manipulative question by not answering it directly. If a deluded person would ask you a deluded question without an intention to get rid of his delusion, it would sound like this:

"People say that you raped a dog. Comment please, why did you do that?"

"I did not do it".

"So, you're saying that people are lying? We are all liars and you're the perfect one? I do not understand, comment please".

etc.

Many of questions to spiritual teachers are coming from delusion. If you will answer them directly, this will breed even more delusion.

Look how Nisargadatta Maharaj was answering questions (really, look).

Edited by Naviy

On 15/11/2017 at 10:32 AM, How to be wise said:

by swinging some clock or something.

Its not a clock, its a mala. They have a long history of being used by ancient tribes to figure out whether or not certain food is poisionous. 

If you get a mala and meditate with it, it transforms based on your meditative experiences, and then can be used to detect certain states of consciousness. 

Buy one, and you'll see what sadhguru means.

6 hours ago, blazed said:

You want to be spoon fed and get all the answers directly without doing any of the work, that's your problem.

No one can give you the answers to a spiritual journey you are IT, you are the whole universe as bubble of experience, no one will ever know you as you will know yourself.

Jesus christ your entire life is a unique experience only experienced by you, without you observing there is no universe, only infinity, everything can be every other way.

Relevant video for you by the master himself.

I don't want to do any work? I bet I am practicing more than any of you on this forum.

If that guy cant give any very basic simple practical advice then I really feel sorry for those who turn up to him.

Also I am not looking for any answers. It's pointless and useless as whatever he tells you what the truth is etc... It's just a concept for me... What counts is direct experience.

And how do we get direct experience? 

That's right. By the effort of practice.

If one doesn't get the phrase "seeing the self / god / Devine in everything" 

With practicing that concept will be revealed through direct experienece .

18 hours ago, Toby said:

Lol at our tendency to fight when we are all searching for the same thing :D

23 hours ago, vizual said:

It's hard to take a man seriously when he is claiming to levitate and walk through walls in his free time. 

Yea, he's pretty much bullshitting. No body can walk through walls, let alone levitate. Before saying such things he should have at least showed some proofs. 

Sarcaste <3 the Sarcasm in Me acknowledges and honors the Sarcasm in You 

You don't know what he is talking about but I'm sure he is.

Until you see him judging others like you do, you have nothing to say :)

35 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Not the kind of response you'd expect from someone who practises that much...

Sadhguru rarely gives impractical advice. The only thing he doesn't do is force-feeding you the answers.

I usually find it rather easy to apply a teaching the next day after I watched a video.

If his style doesn't resonate with you, just leave it.

It doesn't make the content less practical or true though. It just means that you couldn't find a way to embody the teaching, but someone else might...

Perhaps because you have too much expectations what one is like when putting many hours a day meditating.

As long as there is an ego this is what it is.

I can be all day in a sea of bliss and love... doesn't mean I am going to be kinder to anyone and not state my true honest opinions.

Let's keep it real.

27 minutes ago, blazed said:

Also please read what you are writing, In one hand you're saying "I dont like him because he doesnt give me answers" and then you're saying "I am not looking for answers".

Yes, i am not looking for answers.

But I did watch his videos, and when a person asks him a question.. he doesn't give answer to that question.

PS: all the answers are the self.

Edited by Blissout