How to be wise

Did Sadhguru Go Mad?

150 posts in this topic

He's claiming that a powerful yogi lived in the spot he was standing just by swinging some clock or something. Then he goes on talking about the eighth dimension. I guess he went too far down the yogi road and became a new ager.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise It's gonna take you several lifetimes of practice before you get to a point where you can fully understand Sadhguru.

He is talking about super advanced things which 99.99999% of people will never be able to comprehend. It's totally outside anything you imagine possible.

The appropriate response is to know your ignorance and be humble. It's all too easy to start judging and namecalling things you have zero experience of.

You may as well consider Sadhguru a creature from another planet. Because that's about far apart your two consciousnesses are.

The trouble with advanced teachers is that they appear much more humble and simple than they really are. Which makes it easy for a fool to take the teacher for a fool.

P.S. It's more like the New Ager didn't go far enough down the road to become a yogi.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Leo who do you consider more advanced in his understanding Sadhguru or Eckhart? Or maybe Peter Ralston?

Edited by egoless

i wouldnt be a fan of sadhguru, he just waffles on with self indulgent storys and rarely gives practical advice

3 minutes ago, bobbyward said:

i wouldnt be a fan of sadhguru, he just waffles on with self indulgent storys and rarely gives practical advice

Lol BS I see practicality in almost every word said by him. You just need to reach his meanings.

i do be listening to him saying to myself, whats the fucking point in this, get to the bloody pointxD he loves the sound of his own voice

rupert spira is my favorite teacher by the way 

15 minutes ago, egoless said:

@Leo Gura Leo who do you consider more advanced in his understanding Sadhguru or Eckhart? Or maybe Peter Ralston?

Sadhguru

He is hardcore as fuck. He is what I imagine Jesus must have been like.

The funny thing is, people like Jesus exist today, and people just take them totally for granted.

Ignorance really is like blindness. There can be an elephant in the room, and you will miss it, mistaking his scent for a pile of shit.

@Leo Gura Who other than Sadhguru do you consider at that high level? Today and in the history? 

P.S. I don't want to start religious debate here but I can't agree on your point about Jesus. I don't see anyone like him in modern days and in the history.

Edited by egoless

3 minutes ago, egoless said:

@Leo Gura Who other than Sadhguru do you consider at that high level? Today and in the history? 

There are thousands of such yogis and sages all around the world. They just don't get much press.

The problem is that people mistake publicity, marketing, and external success with spiritual mastery.

The only reason we're talking about Sadhguru is because he has successful marketing. The only reason you're talking to me is because I have successful marketing.

Without the right marketing, you would just be watching some Netflix right now, jerking off in your basement, and thinking you have the whole world figured out.

4 minutes ago, egoless said:

@Leo Gura Thousands such seems way too exaggerated to me. Do you know them or is it just your guess?

There are probably that many in India alone.

I have met some, and extrapolate the rest using common sense.

@Nahm @Leo Gura I am not just talking about Enlightened ones. I mean the degree of understanding that Sadhguru has. I consider Eckhart Tolle on the same level. Yes maybe there are some hidden ones as you say even some who have more understanding but thousands upon thousands - still seems a big number. If there were that many at least hundreds of them would do great marketing.

Edited by egoless

5 minutes ago, Nahm said:

If I’m not mistaken, Sadhguru has estimated / guessed 10,000 enlightened people on earth today. 

people have different definitions of enlightenment, from having an awakening to thinking, feeling and acting like you are infinite eternal awareness. need to define the terms before you can get numbers 

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There are probably that many in India alone.

I have met some, and extrapolate the rest using common sense.

Just curious. Who do you think is the most enlightened person you're aware of alive today or 100 years ago. I want to be inspired.

Edited by How to be wise

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Just now, egoless said:

@How to be wise Jesus Christ. Get inspired :) 

I know he's the most famous. By the way, he's not alive. Unless you think he was revived. 

the most enlightened person doesn't necessarily make the best teacher, sadhguru for example isnt a good teacher 

9 minutes ago, egoless said:

If there were that many at least hundreds of them would do great marketing.

Hundreds of them do do great marketing. Nevertheless, you don't know about them because you are so isolated and you haven't gone out of your way to do the research.

Maybe it is only hundreds. I am just guessing.