How to be wise

Leaving Society After Enlightenment.

31 posts in this topic

Skip to 18:35. Byron Katie describes how she ran off to the desert after her enlightenment to get away from society. But I noticed that this was a common theme for enlightened people, Ramana Maharshi comes to mind. So why do they decide to do that. Why do they run away from society after spontaneous enlightenment?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

1 minute ago, egoless said:

@How to be wise I know I will stay here, because life is not going everywhere - it is right here ;) 

Become enlightened first. You will probably run off to the Himalayas.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

5 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Become enlightened first. You will probably run off to the Himalayas.

I am not chasing Enlightenment as it is not something to achieve. Everything is here - right here. I had very powerful insights my friend. 

It does not matter where you go. The only thing which matters is life constantly experiencing new things infinitely and as a relative manifestation you should be always striving to develop yourself and experience the life.

Edited by egoless

Just now, egoless said:

I am not chasing Enlightenment as it is not something to achieve. Everything is here - right here. I had very powerful insights my friend. 

How about the insight that absolutely nothing is true. Have that one first. Then I'll see you in the Tibetan caves.

4 hours ago, egoless said:

You are chasing enlightenment through not chasing enlightenment

Sarcaste <3 the Sarcasm in Me acknowledges and honors the Sarcasm in You 

13 hours ago, egoless said:

It does not matter where you go. The only thing which matters is life constantly experiencing new things infinitely and as a relative manifestation you should be always striving to develop yourself and experience the life.

Enlightenment is the greatest achievement of any man. It is literal transcendence of being a man. Recognize every word anyone says is influenced by their experiences and self imposed limitations. Be more careful and selective on who you listen to. A fool holds the belief they cannot transcend what they currently are. Don’t listen to fools anymore. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Stop misunderstanding my words please. :) 

You judge who I listen to without knowing who I listen to. If I were you I would try to become more aware of my biases.

you speak about achievement of a man as if man achieves enlightenment. No there is no separate self in the higher dimension you are just piece of one unseparated life (existence). It's just in our dimension we make these distinctions and it all seems real.

Edited by egoless

because they are dealing with what is left as "vasanas". was the same with Jesus. ultimately they all return.

5 minutes ago, Toby said:

because they are dealing with what is left as "vasanas". was the same with Jesus. ultimately they all return.

i agree. this is also represented in the last picture of the famous zen story about the ox.

unborn Truth

Those who are truely enlightened don't run away from life, because there is nothing to run away from. Ultimately there is no difference in being in a cave or being in a city, space doesen't exist, objects don't exist it is merely the percieving that is.

1 hour ago, LaucherJunge said:

Those who are truely enlightened don't run away from life, because there is nothing to run away from. Ultimately there is no difference in being in a cave or being in a city, space doesen't exist, objects don't exist it is merely the percieving that is.

Exactly! That was my point there. You can't escape from existence. 

That only happens if you have a spontaneous enlightenment, lots of people have a gradual one, which means they have a lot of time to acclimate.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

4 hours ago, Toby said:

No they don't. Ramana Maharshi spent the rest of his 54 years on that mountain. 

By the way, what is vasanas?

4 hours ago, LaucherJunge said:

Her own words were: "to get away from people." 

Actually, a lot of people in the moment of their enlightenment leave society and never come back in their entire lives. Think of acestics. 

Edited by How to be wise

@How to be wise
It may very well be the basic stage of enlightenment to get away from objects that might distract you. You can go further though and stay untouched by any object that may come up. She herself came back after all didn't she?

@LaucherJunge @How to be wise @egoless Before enlightement I hanged out with my friends every day. After I became enlightened I have became also hyper sensitive, I could perceive energy fields of people around me and much much much more, it was overwhelming to put it into one word. That's the main reason I had started to isolate myself more and more. After 1 year I have isolated myself for 18 months. I needed time to process and people were hindering the decoding process.I  hanged out only with one friend and the meetings were specificaly about spiritual topics, and the frequency of meetings was in months. After that period I have came back to society to hang out a few times per week, sometimes every day.