Why Is Wheat So Bad For Spiritual Sucess?

16 posts in this topic

Why can't I make my pancakes with almond milk, organic eggs, and extra virgin olive oil if It contains wheat?

;(

You can. Enlightnment has nothing to do with the external world. Only if you can change ur mindset or not

Leo gave some answers in the ‘Diet For Consciousness Work’ thread. You could read through that.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

21 hours ago, 2000 said:

Why can't I make my pancakes with almond milk, organic eggs, and extra virgin olive oil if It contains wheat?

;(

You can always use buckwheat, millet, quinoa, amaranth, oat flour ect... they are more alkaline based and less acidic forming and (gluten free) as well :)

B R E A T H E

Wheat is evil

The Devil's candy ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 11/14/2017 at 5:32 PM, Leo Gura said:

Wheat is evil

The Devil's candy ;)

Thats not funny bro...tell us why

It's really a no-brainer. Humans are not meant to eat wheat. It's empty calories with no nutrients, it's hard to digest, and all modern forms of wheat have been genetically engineered to be extra-resistant to bugs, so they are even harder for humans to digest. Many people allergic to wheat amd don't even know it. Wheat makes you sleepy and lazy.

If you don't eat wheat or sugar, it's almost impossible to get fat.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I recommend replacing the almond milk and olive oil with buttermilk and butter. That's enlightenment on a plate! 

But seriously, humans have eaten wheat since the dawn of agriculture, and many have survived on bread alone. While it's true that modern agriculture has modified wheat into a less nutritional, more bug resistant, and probably less tasty version of its ancestors, the same can be said of most of the vegetables and fruits that we buy at the supermarket. It is all modified for maximum production in the field and to resist bruising and bugs and disease. Unfortunately nothing that we buy tastes like the fruits and veggies that our grandparents grew up eating. Modern grains, fruits and veggies are just watered down, tasteless shells of what they once were.

If you are interested in buying heirloom wheat flour and other grains such as farro and benne, check this company out:

http://ansonmills.com/grain_notes/14

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's really a no-brainer. Humans are not meant to eat wheat. It's empty calories with no nutrients, it's hard to digest, and all modern forms of wheat have been genetically engineered to be extra-resistant to bugs, so they are even harder for humans to digest. Many people allergic to wheat amd don't even know it. Wheat makes you sleepy and lazy.

If you don't eat wheat or sugar, it's almost impossible to get fat.

Are you talking about any form of bread here? Coarse bread is certainly not empty calories. Wheat without any grain is. Coarse bread has been extremely common in Norway, and regarded as healthy. The problem is if you only eat rationed bread. Bread is not my favourite on taste, so it's not that I will be unhappy to be proven otherwise. Where are your sources?

Edited by Edvard

I just watched an episode of "Cooked" on Netflix where they talk about wheat and bread. One interesting thing they talked about was sourdough, and how the natural fermentation process makes wheat easily digestible and makes the nutrients more easily accessible. All bread used to be made this way, but now the use of fast-rising yeast does not allow the wheat to be broken down because there is no fermentation. Pretty interesting. Episode 3: Air

Edited by Thorny_arms

On 11/17/2017 at 2:34 PM, Thorny_arms said:

I just watched an episode of "Cooked" on Netflix where they talk about wheat and bread. One interesting thing they talked about was sourdough, and how the natural fermentation process makes wheat easily digestible and makes the nutrients more easily accessible. All bread used to be made this way, but now the use of fast-rising yeast does not allow the wheat to be broken down because there is no fermentation. Pretty interesting. Episode 3: Air

The whole process of having to ferment a type of food in order to digest/absorb it properly should tell us we are not really designed for it in the first place. There are much better options out there.

2c

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E