CreativeInertia

The Importance Of Sleep And Rest In Personal Development

5 posts in this topic

I have been lately realizing the often overlooked necessity of health fundamentals for all aspects of life

Fact: a lot of us don't sleep optimally

Our body needs sleep. Not just any kind of sleep, but high quality, rejuvenating sleep.

Sleep deprivation, which most of us have to a certain extent, has various negative effects on our lives

Including: lack of focus, memory problems, difficulty learning, physical suffering, weakness, slow recovery etc

If you feel extreme discomfort from being tired == probably you really need to transform your sleep, although it could possibly be a health issue

Sleep and rest is especially important for self actualizers - we learn a lot of new information, work on our behavior, think, contemplate. Sleep is responsible, among other things, for memory processing and consolidation

Naps are super effective for relieving physical and mental fatigue and 'getting' new information holistically

Sleep is super important! It really is!

If you want to significantly boost your results in life, your mood, your learning, your health, really consider researching sleep and sleep improvement/ hacking

Seriously guys, this is some powerful stuff!

What do you all think? 

@CreativeInertia
I agree on the importance, although I think self-actualizers who tend to meditate will usually get more than enough rest, because meditation transforms your sleep for the better automatically and meditation is already a kind of rest in of itself, which makes you require less sleep. I noticed this during the period when I was meditating 2-3 hours a day, I would need about 2 hours less sleep.

It's something that you wanna get wired into a routine.  It's hard to be your best when your sleep is screwed up.  If happiness is what we want, sleep is probably the most important element in that.  Maybe nutrition before that, but not too many things.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I have been sleeping less since I’ve started an exercise and meditation practice. I typically slept 6-7 hours and now I’m waking up after only four hours sleep. Most mornings I try to go back to sleep, or just get into a meditative state at least. Last night I woke up really early... at 2 am and I tried listening to a lucid dreaming track to lull me back. It didn’t work for the sleep too much. I barely drifted off one single time , then scared myself out of my dream right away... as soon as I realized I was dreaming. 

So - does anybody have any experience with sleep tracks, binaural beats, chakra cleansing tracks for sleep or lucid dreaming? Are they helpful? I have some observations from my experience since 2 am, but I’m not sure I used the track correctly for optimal results. I’ll need to do more homework before I do it again. 

Ok. I used a different track last night and I slept a full 6 hours. I feel very well rested. And notice that I did not toss and turn as much. It may be bc I had woken up at 2 am the previous night and was more tired than usual. No dream to write down this morning tho.