David

The Cycle Of Death And Birth

4 posts in this topic

A topic I've been meditating on recently; polarity, opposites and cycles. I had for a long time thought that the opposite of death was life but I've reconsidered that idea. I now think deaths opposite is birth. And this becomes important and clear when I substitute the words creation/destruction. So for an apple seed to create an apple tree it must destroy the seed it is now. As I was thinking about this I realized how much I wasn't willing to give up who I am now for who I could become. But this is the nature of all things as best I can tell. A stone must lose it shape to become a statue, an egg must crack open to reveal a chick and so on. Maybe why I fear letting go is because I don't know what I'll become? 

-You can count how many seeds are in an apple but, you can't count how many apples are in a seed-

We are always afraid of the unknown. Nobody has to change. We can stay the way we are and find peace with what we are. There is nothing bad about it. But this topic is way deeper. Think about fear as much as possible until you realize how stupid it is and how stupid it was in your past. Take a piece of paper and write down all the pros and cons.

@David It doesn't matter what you become, because you are always being watched by something that doesn't change. Look for that.

Edited by Grasshopper