egoless

Commonplace Book Mega Thread

143 posts in this topic

@Joel3102 Never be nice to anyone, be kind instead. Most guys are beta, girl can like you anyway, sure it's not optimal. But only beta guys try not to be beta.

48 minutes ago, Joel3102 said:

I think I needed to hear this. I'm seeing this girl atm, and because of all the PUA theory I've consumed I have trouble being myself. I've become hyper paranoid of doing anything that could be considered "beta" like being too nice, because it could lower my "value" in her eyes. 

Yeah, I see a lot of that in the pickup community. Because pickup doesn't address any deep inner deficiencies. It just masks the problem by getting you laid. It's like a Band-aid on a broken leg. I know guys who've been with 200-300 girls, but inside they are immature, insecure children.

This all goes back to the point about success being a false metric of inner growth. People confuse success with development level so easily. And it's very easy to trick yourself into believing that your success = development. Because you want to believe it! Success is actually MUCH easier than development. Success in life merely requires excellent manipulation skills, which are not that hard to acquire in many cases.

You can manipulate a child into trading you his ice cream cone for a rotten banana peel. But that won't grow you. In fact, it actually sets you back because the only reason you'd want to manipulate that child in the first place is because of some deep fear or insecurity you have which you don't want to face.

It's very easy to run away from your inner issues by having sex with many hot girls, going to clubs every night, and getting absorbed in PUA theory & bro-culture.

PUA is really not much different than radical Islamic fundamentalist groups: young immature wounded men acting cocky, learning to assert their power over others because they got nothing better to do.

But hey, that's how some humans grow up.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I just wanted to say that OneNote is an amazing program. The second I saw it in the live demo my mind was fluttering with possibilities. My journal entries, my career, my music ideas, animation skits, workout schedule, quotes, AAHHH!!! 
This is going to help organize everything SO MUCH! Before I had to use combinations of notepad and MS word. The tabs are great, the blips you can add next to words, INTERNAL HYPERLINKS! So many possibilities. This is going to make life so much easier. I wish this video came out sooner.

/endfanboygasm

I've been using Simplenote for the past two years and hadn't heard of OneNote until Sunday. Now I'm transferring all of my entries into OneNote. I second @Zega 's excitement. Thanks for the plug, Leo!

Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 7.29.43 PM.png

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov

@Caterpillar You'd be surprised how much girls are attracted to high consciousness. Deep down it's what they've always dreamed of in a guy without knowing. You just still gotta be proactive with attracting them. Don't expect to just sit like a yogi and have them flocking at your feet. Although on second thought, if you really were a serious yogi, you'd have hot girls flocking at your feet! ;)

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Caterpillar You'd be surprised how much girls are attracted to high consciousness. Deep down it's what they've always dreamed of in a guy without knowing. You just still gotta be proactive with attracting them. Don't expect to just sit like a yogi and have them flocking at your feet. Although on second thought, if you really were a serious yogi, you'd have hot girls flocking at your feet! ;)

I can picture Sadhguru putting RSD in their place, "I came to save the rivers and fuck the bitches, isn't it?"

@Leo Gura Bashing PUA is a long talk. It involves many factors which RSD have gotten right such as social conditioning, male/female psychology and obviously action.  
I actually think you've got it wrong here. No one is asserting any power over anyone. If you treat it as you would treat any spiritual dogma you are good to go, I don't see any negatives.
You need to clarify which is low consciousness dogma and which is not. I either auto filter it or I don't notice it at all.
If it becomes an addiction this is another talk but the game by itself can actually grow you especially if you are the average video game nerd like me.
Now that I think about it what is the difference between playing the game to be alpha and playing the game to be conscious in front of the girl?
Is it all a matter of appearances? 

5 hours ago, Caterpillar said:

It looks like most girls are attracted to low consciousness. You don't want to be low conscious but you have to act that way around girls. But that's a different topic.

This is only true because most of the population are low conscious. So the majority of women will be that way by default. 

However, just like high conscious men are a minority, so are women, but they are still out there! However, you will only attract her by being high conscious yourself. And she will be aware your rarity, making the connection between you both, ridiculously strong! 

By acting low conscious to attract women, who are also low conscious, is low conscious behaviour in itself.. ;-) 

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Actually, PUAs mostly treat their guy friends as objects too. They generally have a selfish, manipulative attitude towards life overall.

I got into it because I wanted to learn how girls clicked and break out of my introverted shell, for which purposes it was great. Nothing beats going in-field and approaching real girls. I was never much swayed by their low consciousness dogma. Well, I was a bit, but not nearly as bad as I see many PUAs doing. And I have been able to unwire most of that, because I'm not a dogmatic person.

You tend to get from a thing the consciousness you bring into it. Low consciousness people do low consciousness thing no matter where they go. High consciousness people can extract deep lessons even from low consciousness activities.

From doing PUA I realized the value of something like Actualized.org. And so I created it. Actualized.org was where I wished PUA would go, but probably never will.

I recently looked up how Julien and Tyler were doing and, well, they're actually on the path and doing emotional healing workshops and stuff :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaN4Pe5JEsWzAByY2WfxxjQ/videos

1 hour ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

I recently looked up how Julien and Tyler were doing and, well, they're actually on the path and doing emotional healing workshops and stuff :)

Good for them

Thanks for the video Leo. It motivates me to be a more avid note-taker than I have been.

Not sure if there are any people here who would even benefit from this, but if you at the slim chance happen to bother with Linux, powerhouse text editors like Vim and some configuring, there's a really nice plugin called Vimwiki. It has everything that OneNote software has (at least from what I saw in the video), except maybe displaying a picture on the open page, instead you'd click on a link to open the picture in your preferred image viewer or editor, as per your customization.

I could talk forever on the benefits of this approach, from open source/free software to practical matters of saving the commonplace book in the form of simple text files and being able to edit super fast without needing a mouse. If not handy with Linux or Vim, this approach has the cost of time for skill building in this area over a fair stretch of time though. You could look at it like expanding your Cyber-Consciousness. ;) My consciousness may be low, but at least I got that!

Edited by Huginn

When I watched the video I was like "wait, doesn't everyone does this!?", later I understood was dumb from me to think that everyone has journals. 

As a designer, I have the habit of journaling ideas, processes, drawings, and everything that happens on the mind; and all this year when I began with self-actualization I understood that my journal have to be even better and began journaling almost everything. I have found that doing that helps me being always aware of what's happening in the mind, and its great to do it as long as it doesn't interfere with being mindful and aware of the present moment (an excessive journaling and wanting to write everything can lead to over-conceptualization). 

Reading this thread and people's comments, I would like to share my way of journaling. 

My journal is based on three main things: main journal, creative journal, and emotional journal. 

The Main Journal is where I put almost all, I use Google Keep, which I find great but not as organized as One Note, but works on my mobile which I have almost all day and can put notes whenever they are developing on mind. 
I find Google Keep's #hashtag system very useful, there I have tags for journaling most things: self-actualization, book notes, class notes, contemplation, dreams, insights, ideas, daily journal, band notes, thesis notes, references, trips, etc. 
There goes mostly text, lists, to-do lists, images, links, and everything useful. 

The Creative Journal consists on a series of physical notebooks, a small main one I carry everywhere and others from specific design projects. 
On design is really useful to have these journals, because design is about the process of creation its essential to have a visual guide of how you've been working and what is leading you to certain creative result. On the creative journal goes everything related to the creative mind: ideas, processes, drawings, moods, maps, cross-pollination, inspiration, text, creative dynamics, and everything. Is something really fun to do actually. 
Journaling like this really builds up your creative confidence, design is about understanding process and playing with it to get to different results, so being able to get anything from your mind on a journal is very motivating. 

Lastly, the Emotional journal is about writing how I've been feeling along the day, I use excel to put hour-by-hour my emotions and also general daily moods, which I list day by day and create charts to see my monthly mood patterns. I have been doing this the last three weeks and its been kinda insightful, I'd be improving this system along the way. 

IMPORTANT NOTES:
- Always remember to have a time in your week to review your journals. 
- Mindfulness helps this habit and having this habit helps developing mindfulness
- Understanding and thinking in concepts, a really important thing in design, is really helpful to make easy and fast to write and read precise notes
- Writing and mapping concepts and processes helps you be more clear about what you are doing and how you are doing it
- I am planning to make a systems thinking journal, right now I use the creative journal for systems

Connect to Create ☼♡

Apparently you can't use OneNote on Mac without having to upload to Microsoft's cloud service. I'm not a fan of that, so I found an alternative. It's also for iOS. As far as I can tell it does about the same as OneNote. I think I'm gonna try it. 

On 11/15/2017 at 0:31 AM, username said:

I can picture Sadhguru putting RSD in their place, "I came to save the rivers and fuck the bitches, isn't it?"

Sadhguru could easily get more laid than an RSD instructor if he wanted to. And he would know how to fully enjoy it too ;)

ma1.jpg

People, a "bit" off topic, I downloaded OneNote today (2016, from the original source), on my attempt to log in the "Sorry, we couldn't connect" message pops up. Couldn't find any good solutions, does anyone have one?

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

@Leo Gura Don't know if you know much about coach Corey Wayne.

That guy seems to combine the best of both worlds as he is also a life coach and doesn't want to provide quick fix solutions. He emphasizes a lot that getting laid won't get you happy and that your purpose is much more important than women. His idea is that people should see women or the prospect of a life partner as just an addition to an already complete, awesome and fulfilling life (and that's what women are attracted towards anyway).

To paraphrase him: "If you are not in a relationship to give, you have no business being in a relationship." Corey is an example I would like most PUA's move towards.

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

I really want to move over to onenote mainly for how flexibile it is for inputting wherever you want on the screen and a few other nice features, but the lack severe lack of tagging features is making me stay with Evernote for now. Tagging is SO important for keeping topics organized and searchable.

I've created a commonplace book in late 2014 and I've been consistent with it from late 2014 to 2017 by tracking happy moments. It helped me become more mindful of all the awesome things and happy moments in life. It opened up the possibilities for new experiences and new passions! Actualized.org helped transform self-actualization from just a concept in my mind to a concrete, emotional experience. A commonplace book grounded me in a deep sense of purpose, internal freedom and power, and a deep visionary mindset focused on seeking opportune moments. The greatest moments in my life feel spontaneous and self-created and are unexpected. However, i have a strong gut feeling that it will happen! 

Edited by Zane

@Huginn I simply couldn't get OneNote to work on my laptop, so I have done some research and found a software called Laverna. It's also available for Linux. It doesn't have drawing options and text coloring but it has literally infinite notebook depth. 

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.