egoless

Commonplace Book Mega Thread

143 posts in this topic

The new video is already done. Just waiting for it to render and upload. It's virtually identical, just edited a few minor details that a few folks were getting too greedy about.

Sorry for the troubles.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The new video is already done. Just waiting for it to render and upload. It's virtually identical, just edited a few minor details that a few folks were getting too greedy about.

Sorry for the troubles.

No worries Leo! Thank you for the amazing content once again!

What macbook do you guys recommend for having onenote and also having good quality videocalls? 

I've been using then newest version of OneNote for a year or two and loving it. It does save and work locally offline but syncs online via cloud constantly too. It's also nice to be able to have access to your notebook via mobile on the go or to write down something quickly and have it sync to the journal. 

I also think it looks better and has slightly nicer design flow. Unless you like the kind of retro look of the 2010 version. 

Outline is a good alternative for those of you who use Mac and want to properly store your files locally.

http://outline.ws/mac

Edited by Space

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

Ah, just for one time I postponed to watch a video and it is gone :)
Looking forward for new one, but also I wonder what people could say to make it delete.
But whatever, let's move on.

@Arman are you sure it saves locally? Is there a function to export my book in pdf format or any other format to save it on flash drive or smth?

9 minutes ago, egoless said:

@Arman are you sure it saves locally? Is there a function to export my book in pdf format or any other format to save it on flash drive or smth?

Fairly sure. Upon disconnecting internet, it's still accessible (once reconnected it updates the cloud with your changes). I disconnected my ethernet, restarted my computer (so it started without internet connection) and could still access my journals after opening up OneNote just to be sure. 

Exporting to PDF you can do in 2010 and 2016 I think but not the new version.The main disadvantage of the newer version is you can't export your journals manually to local discs - but personally I can't see myself ever finding a need to do that. If I wanted to move the journal to another computer I'd just login on the other computer and it would automatically sync via the cloud, and I don't know why I'd want to backup to a USB because I feel like a USB becoming faulty, broken or lost is more likely than the cloud service being wiped. 

The only situation I can imagine is if you have absolutely no internet, are using the software in offline mode on one computer and need to move it another computer which also doesn't have internet, and won't have internet in the foreseeable future to ever sync - but that seems a little too niche for me to want to use older systems. 

I'm using Evernote currently but damn OneNote looks like it has much better organization options and I really like that write anywhere on the page feature.

Evernote still has a lot of features and it's pretty good so I don't know if I should switch? And how would I transfer all my notes if I did?

“Man’s faith in God is measured by his confidence in himself... Your faith in God is measured by your confidence in yourself, because your true self is God.”  - Neville Goddard

@Arman agree. From now on OneNote will be free? Commonbook is  just way too valuable to lose it for unforeseenable reasons that's why we need to be 100% safe. I hope sync will happen with any new version of OneNote Microsoft releases in the Future.

35 minutes ago, Antonius said:

I'm using Evernote currently but damn OneNote looks like it has much better organization options and I really like that write anywhere on the page feature.

Evernote still has a lot of features and it's pretty good so I don't know if I should switch? And how would I transfer all my notes if I did?

Try it out and see if you like it.

As for transfering: 

https://www.onenote.com/import-evernote-to-onenote

26 minutes ago, egoless said:

@Arman agree. From now on OneNote will be free?

“Forever! We intend to have a free version on all platforms forever. That's the plan. We will have premium features for users who buy an Office 365 subscription or one of the Office suites. For example if you want to use OneNote for business against SharePoint or Office 365, that will be a paid feature, and some other features like version history. But the vast bulk of features will be free."

Detailed comparison of Evernote and OneNote

1 hour ago, egoless said:

it does save locally and can be used offline. Yes.

@ahmet sukru @blazed @egoless The old video contained ALOT of personal stuff about Leo (the books he read, the seminars he went to, exercises he did, which are HIGHLY personal, his Me Sheet), outlines of his etymology book in great detail and even 8 exercises from his life purpose course (this one I copied and sent to @Leo Gura, sorry again, Leo!)  

Edited by Torkys
tagged some people

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

11 minutes ago, Torkys said:

@ahmet sukru @blazed @egoless The old video contained ALOT of personal stuff about Leo (the books he read, the seminars he went to, exercises he did, his Me Sheet), outlines of his etymology book in great detail and even 8 exercises from his life purpose course (this one I copied and sent it to @Leo Gura, sorry again, Leo!)  

I know... I've read it as I am quite curious guy. But it only made Leo more human and authentic in my eyes.