Eonn

Am I Supposed To Be Present/aware During "do Nothing?"

32 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Toby said:

Being aware and doing nothing is the same. So you really can't "do" one without "doing" the other.

I think you can! I experienced it many times. I was just sitting, doing nothing. I was lost in thoughts and I was not aware of that.

If you're lost in thoughts you're not doing the do nothing method, you're just daydreaming.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@ShinBut if you surrender control like in the do nothing technique, isn’t getting lost in thoughts inevitable?

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

11 minutes ago, Max_V said:

@ShinBut if you surrender control like in the do nothing technique, isn’t getting lost in thoughts inevitable?

You can be aware of daydreaming, that's the whole point of this technique.
You let your mind loose, you but you stay conscious during that time.

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

@Shin Do you recommend the Do Nothing technique? I’ve been meditating on the breath for a while now  

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

3 minutes ago, Max_V said:

@Shin Do you recommend the Do Nothing technique? I’ve been meditating on the breath for a while now  

From my point of view, it doesn't matter what meditation you pratice.
They are all about putting you in the present moment, and once you are familliar with that, you don't need a "method" anymore, you just live like that.

God is love

And God in them

On 11/12/2017 at 5:05 AM, bazera said:

In your meditation for beginner's video you said that even if you sit for 20 minutes and think about sex or something, you can consider that as meditation because what counts as meditation is that you sat down and had an intention to be aware. You also said that it's not in our control to be aware or not. 

Now you say that if you are not being aware, you are not meditating. 

Isn't there a contradiction? 

That's the difference between meditation for beginners and non-beginners ;)

At first you want to focus on just building the habit without judging yourself too much. Then you want to refine it. The first few years of meditation are gonna be very rocky. The key there is to not psyche yourself out of it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Does anybody else get the paradoxical experience of it being significantly harder to get thoughts going than normal during "do nothing?" It blows my mind, no pun intended.

When I do do nothing , because of the awareness, thoughts get kind of silenced. I cant form complicated thought when the awareness is there.  when im not aware, there can be daydreaming and sometimes something jumps in the middle of the daydreaming and I become aware of the thoughts and they continue but on a non complicated way, and usually just stop.

It seems to me like daydreaming and being aware cant be there at the same time. Am I doing it right?

6 hours ago, Ilya said:

When I do do nothing , because of the awareness, thoughts get kind of silenced. I cant form complicated thought when the awareness is there.  when im not aware, there can be daydreaming and sometimes something jumps in the middle of the daydreaming and I become aware of the thoughts and they continue but on a non complicated way, and usually just stop.

It seems to me like daydreaming and being aware cant be there at the same time. Am I doing it right?

Of course it can, awareness is always there, it's just not aware of itself.

If you can't be aware of daydreaming, it may be because you're not conscious enough to do the do nothing meditation.
I would say it's not a meditation for newbie, but I still feel newbie myself, so maybe it has more to do with understanding exactly what you have to do.

After all people seek for decades, when their teachers tells them in 1000 differents ways to just be present, so everything can seem complicated I guess xD 

God is love

And God in them

22 hours ago, Shin said:

you're not doing the do nothing method

u wat... 

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.