Charlotte

Ok So I Broke...

27 posts in this topic

On 14/11/2017 at 11:36 AM, JoJo said:

Hi Charlotte,

Yes, I did drink it when I was trying to break my eight cups of coffee a day habit, it helped me because, as you say, a lot of the habit is just the routine and psychology relating to it so I found it good for that reason.  I did have an awful headache and felt really ill for a few days but I drank a lot more than the couple of cups you are having so hopefully you won't feel too bad (and I didn't stick to not drinking coffee for long but that's a whole other story and hopefully once you've stopped you won't slip back :) ).  Anyway, fingers crossed it will help a little, it's good to have a few options :)

On 14/11/2017 at 11:36 AM, JoJo said:

Hi Charlotte,

Yes, I did drink it when I was trying to break my eight cups of coffee a day habit, it helped me because, as you say, a lot of the habit is just the routine and psychology relating to it so I found it good for that reason.  I did have an awful headache and felt really ill for a few days but I drank a lot more than the couple of cups you are having so hopefully you won't feel too bad (and I didn't stick to not drinking coffee for long but that's a whole other story and hopefully once you've stopped you won't slip back :) ).  Anyway, fingers crossed it will help a little, it's good to have a few options :)

Wow eight cups a day! Sounds like my mum... She's the same ? Yeah it sounds like you experienced the withdrawal. 

Yeah hopefully I won't slip back, I tend not to if I get to a certain point (stubbornness in me also)

It certainly is, thank you very much for sharing your experience

(Sorry I've quoted you twice, I don't know how to remove one) 

On 14/11/2017 at 1:25 PM, Source_Mystic said:

@Charlotte Sounds like you are on the right track all I had to her was chia seeds and I know you are doing you research into food.

Juicing can be really manageable if you juice in bulk and consume juice before 24 hours elapses as that when fresh juice dies so to speak. If you have a small juicer that  difficult to clean maybe get a larger one. We  have breiville and it has a pitcher. It really is a matter of rinsing it right away. If you wait you are compounding the cleaning you have to do. Our juicer takes all of 4 minuets minuets to clean after.  

Blending is a good way to start the morning as well and cleaning is almost nonexistent with a blender. 

Good luck

Your right, I do research, I'm a little bit of a research junkie if I'm completely honest.

Yes I was juicing with a BIG blender so I'll pop a small juicer on my Christmas list and start again. Thank you for motivating me and for sharing. 

On 14/11/2017 at 1:42 PM, Ray said:

It's been I think 2 years since my last coffe... so yeah bud, it's possible :)

Thank for the your encouragement! And we'll done you! ?

Coffee has been a tough one for me.

I took about 6 months break few years ago, but went back to drinking it.

It is actually hard to quit only for 5 days, then i feel i can make a consciouss decision will i drink it or not.

I get a headache for few days when i quit, but nothing more.

4 hours ago, Richard Alpert said:

Coffee has been a tough one for me.

I took about 6 months break few years ago, but went back to drinking it.

It is actually hard to quit only for 5 days, then i feel i can make a consciouss decision will i drink it or not.

I get a headache for few days when i quit, but nothing more.

Thanks for sharing @Richard Alpert it's a very overlooked sneaky habit/addiction I've noticed. 

Think of the first time that you were introduced to drinking coffee. Think of how it became a habit. Think of how much it is ridiculously unnecessary to your daily life.

There would be no reasonable reason to want to drink it anymore.

However, thinking about these ideas is easy while implementing them is the hardest part. Time is also needed to break free.

Good luck ?