Charlotte

Ok So I Broke...

27 posts in this topic

Ok, in the past 2/3 month's, I've stopped watching TV, stopped watching film's (didn't really anyway), stopped going on social media and stopped any radio in the car (just to add I haven't forced myself to do these they have just happened). Facebook and uploading pictures to Instagram was a bit of habit and I've never felt more free from the low consciousness lifestyles. Next on my little habit list is coffee. I want to break free from any lifestyle habits that I feel have a hold of me. I'm REALLY going to struggle with coffee ? ?

Anybody have any tips? Or alternatives?

@Charlotte

Congrats on your successes so far.

As far as coffee, find ways to crank your energy naturally. Deep breathing, meditation, eating healthy, exercise / physical movement are all great places to start. Then if you want, after that you can go REALLY deep down the energy rabbit role.

@aurum  Thank you ?

To be honest I think it's more of a habit now than an actual energy booster. I had a cup this morning and I was aware whilst drinking it. It's just the taste, not the actual false energy it provides. It's a habit that I recognise with 'waking up', 'morning' etc.

I have 2 cups a day and that's it. I then drink Organic herbal teas. I know some people would agree that it is isn't a lot of caffeine but I NEED the 2 cups in the morning so that reason alone is enough for me to want to break the habit. 

Thank you for your advice 

5 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

It's a habit that I recognise with 'waking up', 'morning' etc.

Yup that's extremely common. Something else that can help in that case is swapping that cup of coffee with a different habit, like a glass of water. Keep everything else the same, just put water in your coffee mug instead of coffee.

13 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

Thank you for your advice

You're welcome :)

@Charlotte
The greatest energy booster for me in the morning are cold showers, although I have a hard time doing them in the winter because it's already cold anyway.

53 minutes ago, aurum said:

Yup that's extremely common. Something else that can help in that case is swapping that cup of coffee with a different habit, like a glass of water. Keep everything else the same, just put water in your coffee mug instead of coffee.

You're welcome :)

@aurum  Awesome idea!! This is going to be tough ? so so tough! 

38 minutes ago, LaucherJunge said:

@Charlotte
The greatest energy booster for me in the morning are cold showers, although I have a hard time doing them in the winter because it's already cold anyway.

Wow your brave!! I get REAAAAALLY uncomfortable when it's cold already and I get in the shower, baths in the winter for me. Hats off to you though! And thank you for your advice

If the coffein is a problem, you could just swich to decaf. 

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay

I get the tea thing but I don't want to get hooked on that either as it contains caffeine. Thanks for the suggestions though. Definitely no decaffeinated as it's really bad for your health ?. Again, thanks for the suggestions though. 

I am going to research a coffee alternative that is caffeine free. I think our herbal shop's in the UK sell them so I think that's the route I'm going to take. 

Really appreciate all your suggestions though guy's ❤️

@Charlotte whats your source for this? I'm pretty sure you are misinformed. 

Unless you have problems with colestorole decaf is very healthy. Decaf is full of antioxidants, magnesium, potassium and other excellent micronutrients. For most people it's a health drink. 

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay

You can still have high consciouness while doing those things you stoopped doing. They dont raise your consciouness down Lmao

On 11/11/2017 at 7:08 PM, Erlend K said:

@Charlotte whats your source for this? I'm pretty sure you are misinformed. 

Unless you have problems with colestorole decaf is very healthy. Decaf is full of antioxidants, magnesium, potassium and other excellent micronutrients. For most people it's a health drink. 

I watched a programme on the BBC about decaffeinated drinks one time. If you do a quick Google search the opinions are still quite torn.

On 11/11/2017 at 8:53 PM, Ether said:

You can still have high consciouness while doing those things you stoopped doing. They dont raise your consciouness down Lmao

I completely disagree. Social media to me is ego's fighting, challenging, ego's. Who looks best, who's got he newest whatever, constantly trying to up each other, over opinionated low consciousness drivel.

"Raise my consciousness down"... Please explain what you mean by this?

On 11/11/2017 at 9:17 PM, elias said:

whats your ultimate goal?

My ultimate goal is to get off my e-cigarette and completely eliminate any behaviour, habit's that I feel have control over me. I want to live the most high consciousness life I possibly can. Free of society and 'the norm'.

Edited by Charlotte
Spelling error

Hi Charlotte, you might find dandelion coffee worth trying, looks and tastes like coffee but no caffeine, most health food shops sell it :)

13 hours ago, JoJo said:

Hi Charlotte, you might find dandelion coffee worth trying, looks and tastes like coffee but no caffeine, most health food shops sell it :)

Oh brilliant, I'll do some research into that @JoJo thank you for your recommendation! Have you drunk this yourself? 

11 hours ago, LetTheNewDayBegin said:

Hi Charlotte,

Shouldn't e-cigarette be the first target to give up?

Best,

Should it be the first? Possibly yes. But if I'm honest, this is the hardest, I don't want to rush into it and fail, I want to quit this when I feel strong enough. 

1 hour ago, Source_Mystic said:

Try Red Rooibos Tea it is caffeine free and a good alternative. Juicing can be a great way to start the day as well as blending I love green drinks in the morning they always gave me a boost because of the vitamins and  minerals you are getting. 

I will do some research into this also. Thank you very much! I have done juicing/blending in the past, I did this for around a year last year, I gave up because of the amount of washing up it was creating, I got fed up of it ?. Ill definitely think about starting this again. In the morning (0830) I have a bowl of very basic porridge oats, with pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, goji berries, milled linseed, chai seeds and a very small dash of organic honey. This provides me with enough energy up to around 3pm, I think this breakfast is an excellent source of energy. Thank you for your recommendation ?

Edited by Charlotte
Spelling error

Hi Charlotte,

Yes, I did drink it when I was trying to break my eight cups of coffee a day habit, it helped me because, as you say, a lot of the habit is just the routine and psychology relating to it so I found it good for that reason.  I did have an awful headache and felt really ill for a few days but I drank a lot more than the couple of cups you are having so hopefully you won't feel too bad (and I didn't stick to not drinking coffee for long but that's a whole other story and hopefully once you've stopped you won't slip back :) ).  Anyway, fingers crossed it will help a little, it's good to have a few options :)

@Charlotte Sounds like you are on the right track all I had to her was chia seeds and I know you are doing you research into food.

Juicing can be really manageable if you juice in bulk and consume juice before 24 hours elapses as that when fresh juice dies so to speak. If you have a small juicer that  difficult to clean maybe get a larger one. We  have breiville and it has a pitcher. It really is a matter of rinsing it right away. If you wait you are compounding the cleaning you have to do. Our juicer takes all of 4 minuets minuets to clean after.  

Blending is a good way to start the morning as well and cleaning is almost nonexistent with a blender. 

Good luck

Edited by Source_Mystic

I no longer advocate, participate, condone, or support  actualized.org or Leo Gura in anyway. The reasons are left in the few post I left behind. 

It's been I think 2 years since my last coffe... so yeah bud, it's possible :)