Ether

Have Been Meditating Constantly For 4 Months\not Much Progress

42 posts in this topic

It's not like you gonna feel any big difference in your awareness after 4 months if you not having some kind of breakthrough experience or strong insight. You can't expect too much from your meditation, it's not gonna just POFF one day and you feel a massive change. 

If you only allow yourself to practice presence through meditation, and if your meditation only last 20/30 minutes, then yes.

You can have huge growth in 6 to 10 months if you meditate more than 1 hour a day, practice mindfullness of the thoughts/emotions 24/24, and everytime you walk you focus on the breath or on your feet.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Ether

Don't ask yourself what you have gained with meditation. Ask yourself what you have lost from from doing a consistent meditation practice. Redefine what progress means to you. 

What-have-you-gained-by-meditation.jpg

@AleksM Yeah, I love that quote. I lost all my anxiety from paying no attention to thoughts, and lost destimulation from the mind, but i still want a silent mind.

I also experienced this, hehe, but 2 years counting Im still here sitting. The technique is to not stop doing the meditation because try to think this, we are still young, its too early to be discouraged.

@30secs im not discouraged, i just want a silent mind, even if its temporary

On 10.11.2017 at 1:05 AM, Leo Gura said:

@Ether First few years are pretty slow, especially if your meditation is sloppy and weak.

Stick with it anyways. It gets exponentially better with practice. And take some week-long retreats to super-charge your practice.

Or add some psychedelics to it and you'll get 10 years of growth in 6 months.

This. I have been "sloppy" or rather, too distracted to get much progress the first 5 years. My practice is more steady and deeper since over a year now  and I feel I do make progress. Retreats help a lot too.

23 hours ago, Ether said:

@30secs im not discouraged, i just want a silent mind, even if its temporary

Very easy, meditate all day for 1 week.

@Ether Then don't be surprised to not get the result you want if you're not ready to work for it.

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

It's hard to see how much progress you make with meditation, because by meditating you become aware even for the slightest feeling of unease you have during the day. Normally you would blame the situation for this feeling, now you have the ability to find it's real source, wich is your mind and surrender to the feeling. As soon as you become aware of it and surrender to it completely you find yourself in a place of deep calmness. 

On 09/11/2017 at 11:36 AM, Ether said:

Have Been Meditating Constantly For 4 Months\not Much Progress

let go of progress... let go. just practice for no reason.
expect no fruits at all.

unborn Truth

@ADD that has been my experience. but no peace.

@ajasatyaI would like that, but then what would be the point? I jiust want to experience silent mind, just once at least until its permanent. Because i loved the last time i felt, it was 6 months ago.

Just now, Ether said:

but then what would be the point?

enlightenment is not for you. this is the point.

unborn Truth

The point is to realize how much suffering you're creating for yourself, then realizing the suffering was only there to make you think there was a self.

God is love

And God in them

Meditation isn't helpful for everyone. Some people are just wired differently, just sitting and having a clear mind is easy for me and comes naturally. So for me it's actually a waste of time. For me it's about being present in the midst of the chaos of everyday life, that's a challenge for me(less so presently).

I made the most spiritual gains by doing self-inquiry, being present whilst being active and facing my fears/limiting beliefs head on. I could sit on my ass and meditate for years, and not progress a bit. It depends on your ego structure. All ego's are wired differently.

You have to listen to your own intuition. Don't let other people tell you to meditate if you don't feel it's doing anything. I personally still keep an open mind that maybe one day in the future I will return to meditation when my current strategies have run dry.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

I am stressing this point over and over again under your posts, but why silent mind, why no attention to thoughts? Please answer this. If you want reality, it is already here. Yes, thoughts are the source of delusion but still, you are not the mind. You need to observe - not giving them no attention or disbelieving - thoughts as they truly are in the present moment. You will get reality that way too. Your strategy is unsustainable for enlightenment. You can meditate with thoughts still lying around.

Another question: why do you want progress? If meditation is not worth for itself or the present moment, it's not healthy.

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

On 11/23/2017 at 3:18 PM, Ether said:

@Source_Mystic Mindful meditation, 30\40 minutes, silent mind\destimulation

@Ether

So basically zan zen or sitting meditation.

I will give you my take.  One I do not do sitting mindfulness meditation.  I do active mindfulness while I am walking though my day I find it much more powerful for me. It gets me in the habit of achieving mindfulness all the time . Not to say that I stay in that state 24/7 but when I feel like I am not being mindful I recognized  the distraction acknowledge it and move back to mindfulness. I find this practice for me is the most causes the most significant growth because of its constant nature.

That being said I tried to currently go back to this practice and I had a lot of repressed emotional distractions that made achieving almost any state of mindfulness for any reasonable time impossible. So how did deal with that ? 

I decided my mind need a place to freely play out these distractions. I just sat down and let the distractions come and when I saw something that disturbed me I pulled that image closer and felt the feeling attached to this event as much as I could.  I did not judge the images nor my reaction I just let them come freely. I actually felt a great deal of gratitude for this process. For the first week it seemed to work like inverse mindfulness. Instead of acknowledging and the letting the distraction go. I pulled it closer and completely experienced it. 

This helped me immensely.  After about a week I went back to my active mindfulness and there are still distractions but they are  manageable. I continue to do this kind of meditation in the morning and it is very interesting because it is never the same.  a day ago lead me  to a path-working.

I think there is something to be said about discipline in a practice some practices have to be rigid to get you to the goal.  There also is something to be said for having a meditative practice that is not so controlled that lets you mind wander and explore the unknown. 

If your practice is not giving the results you want , ask why ? Then try to solve the issue ?

Maybe try a different type of meditation along with you current sitting meditation. Maybe try Yoga or Tai chi or some type of moving meditation. 

Work the problem ! Try different things

Hope that helps,  Good luck to you.

I no longer advocate, participate, condone, or support  actualized.org or Leo Gura in anyway. The reasons are left in the few post I left behind. 

@Source_Mystic Thank you. I think its not working because i dont meditate enough. I mean i think less after a session but it never ceases completly