Spiral

Hypocrisy = Bad?

3 posts in this topic

So I was having this conversation with a friend of mine, she was complaining about a friend of hers behaviour even though she was she was also behaving the same way.

I had a urge to call her out on it, but I did not.

Why is being a hypocritical "bad"? Is it simply that the hypocrite is ignorant of there own behaviour/ideals or what is the problem here? 

Being hypocritical involves lying to oneself. Such deceit is denying oneself the love all beings so desperately need.

It is a behaviour that signals to you that this person is not yet in a position to be able to love themselves. In which case, your highest response is to open your own heart to them, if you are able to (you may not yet be in a position to do so, and that is fine).

I cannot tell you what to say, as that will come intuitively to you in the moment. Whatever action you take, is the correct one for that exact moment. What you can do, however, is to set the intention to give the most loving action you can, going forwards - make that commitment.

I hope my service is of use to you :)

@Spiral I've had a friend do the same thing, I called him out on it in a light hearted way, and then said "it's a lot easier to criticize others than to look at ourselves." He was like, "yeah shit, you're right." 

It's not bad, its just a lack of turning inward. 

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori