cetus

How To Know The Difference Between Truth And Delusion?

70 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@TrynaBeTurquoise

Okay, but there's still the concept of time running in the background. Have you removed it yet?

My monkey mind can't remove it and I wish I could tap into samadhi at will. But I'm practicing to one day hopefully be able to achieve that. Thats a big reason why I am doing this work, to let the concept of time not have so much power over me anymore. 

But I have been in states of consciousness before where I experienced time totally break down and moments feeling like eternity. 

Thanks for showing love to my signature by the way, was hoping it would give someone on here a chuckle. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

3 minutes ago, tsuki said:

@Truth Addict picking fights like there's no tomorrow hahaha.

That's what I do. That's how I roll. Wanna roll?

:P

@TrynaBeTurquoise

Not trying to appear more enlightened than you are or anything like that, but it's kind of hard to appreciate what I'm saying without constant "real-time" awareness.

However, it's not required unless you convince yourself that it is.

Curiosity killed the cat ?

3 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

That's what I do. That's how I roll. Wanna roll?

:P

@TrynaBeTurquoise

Not trying to appear more enlightened than you are or anything like that, but it's kind of hard to appreciate what I'm saying without constant "real-time" awareness.

However, it's not required unless you convince yourself that it is.

Curiosity killed the cat ?

Time is relative. Same with all language and content of ideas. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

@Truth Addict why didn't you pick on my original reply?

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

So maybe someone can help shed some light on the question asked two years ago.

Why is it that when Leo (or anyone) are tripping balls on shrooms the insights seem so remarkable at the time but when looking back are nothing special?

9 minutes ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Time is relative. Same with all language and content of ideas. 

Yes, from a skeptic's perspective, but not from a real-time awareness perspective.

10 minutes ago, tsuki said:

@Truth Addict why didn't you pick on my original reply?

Honestly, it was too much for my little mind to comprehend, speaking in terms of language. I'm not highly sophisticated.

5 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

Why is it that when Leo (or anyone) are tripping balls on shrooms the insights seem so remarkable at the time but when looking back are nothing special?

Probably because of evolution or growth. 

Like for example it might be profound to have an insight which moves you up from spiral stage orange to green. But when you move from green to yellow that orange-green transition won't seem relevant anymore. 

Just now, Truth Addict said:

Yes, from a skeptic's perspective, but not from a real-time awareness perspective.

Honestly, it was too much for my little mind to comprehend, speaking in terms of language. I'm not highly sophisticated.

Its actually the opposite, your "real-time awareness" is focusing on time from a certain perspective or state of consciousness. Its not a skeptics perspective to say time is relative, because the experience of time does indeed change when introduced to different variables.

1 hour ago, cetus56 said:

Because past knowledge is past

3 minutes ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Its not a skeptics perspective to say time is relative.

Time is all there is.

5 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@TrynaBeTurquoise  But this happened after he came down from the trip. A few hours later or the next day.

Yeah thats true, I was using a macro-example but I think its more or less the same phenomenon 

8 minutes ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

because the experience of time does indeed change when introduced to different variables.

And that observation is not happening inside of time?

Point to think about:

If I were the center of the world, and the world was revolving around me and my life (sort of like The Truman Show movie), and I proclaimed I am the boss of the world, all groups, governments and individuals.. and people were like, ahh, well let’s not tell her...

..so it would be truth, that everyone knows this, yet if nobody acknowledged me and said I was delusional to think this,  then what? The truth would still be the truth, weather people acknowledged it or not. If I were to talk to the walls (seriously?) and exclaim that I know for a fact, and I were muzzled from saying it to anyone because they would call me delusional... crazy.  Some would say it is in my imagination, yet if it is fact, truth, who cares how one gets the truth, imagination, or direct senses experience, it doesn’t change the truth.

I believe the truth is obvious and then there are people who play dumb, or pretend they don’t understand, but they do. You feel the truth, it’s just that it is not always what you want it to be.

23 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

What do you mean exactly by 'why'? This question has many layers.

Edited by Truth Addict

12 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

What do you mean by 'why'? This question has many layers.

@Truth Addict Was asking on the same layer as this statement: "Why complicate things?"

2 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Truth Addict Was asking on the same level as this statement: "Why complicate things?"

Again, there is more than one layer to this.

There's the existential layer, the philosophical layer, the egoic layer, etc...

Pardon me, but that's how I see it.

Insights are like sauce, the sauce gives taste, but the Now is what you swallowed

35 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

A few thoughts on my experience:

1) Many deep insights are remarkable at first, yet after a while seems pretty obvious. The paranormal is remarkable at first, yet then becomes normal. 

2) A deep / expansive experience gets re-contextualized into a puny human brain. A human mind can't capture it all. The mind tries to "make sense of it" and in doing so it becomes condensed and a lot is lost. Imagine being omniscient and returning to human. That would fry a human brain.

3) Once the the direct experience is contextualized, it becomes an "experience", a "memory". It's not just with psychedelics. Imagine the first time having sex, scuba diving or sky diving. At the time., it is mind-body amazing - perhaps for days afterwards. Yet then it becomes a memory/experience and that naive excitement of the first time dwindles. Yet, it can become embodied and mature. For example, on one 5-meo trip all of reality was deconstructed to Mu and then fully reconstructed. This was mind-blowing at the time. I remember pacing around my house yelling "That just happened! That just happened!". It was so far beyond anything imaginable it was like I had to reinforce to myself it actually happened. When I reflect on it now, I don't have that same amazement - yet it was extremely profound. It has altered the way I relate to reality, duality, nonduality, relative and absolute. I can never unsee it. When I'm with someone, I can tell if they have been to the null void. This summer I was with a high level buddhist monk who had much more knowledge and meditative experience than I. Yet I knew he hadn't gone the whole way to Nothing in direct experience. To me, it's simple and obvious now. Yet at the time of realization, I was shaken up for about a week and my whole reality was transformed.