outlandish

Don't Bullshit Yourself: You're Not Enlightened. Neither Is Kevin Spacey.

67 posts in this topic

There's a lot of discussion on this message board about who is, who isn't enlightened. Posters claiming they're "close" to enlightened, or maybe even "fully" enlightened, or is so-and-so enlightened, or is so-and-so not enlightened. Posters insinuating that they're enlightened, but not quite saying it.

Don't bullshit yourself. You're not. You never will be. This whole line of thinking is a trap. It's hubris, it's an ego trip. And it's making your journey more difficult.

Have you ever heard the Dalai Lama say he's enlightened? Have you even heard him say he's close to being enlightened? What makes you think you could possibly be further along the path than he is (for example)? Get real. 

The very idea of getting to enlightenment is a contradiction. Yeah you're so non-dual that you're past that and so you can be enlightened right? OK dude. Keep polishing your enlightenment trophy. Or your latest idol's enlightenment trophy. 

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@Spacious

Wow, so lucky of you. In my local Non Duality Store an Enlightenment package for one person would cost me $89.50 for freakin' 20 DAYS.. Yes that much for one person... Brutal I know

Sarcaste <3 the Sarcasm in Me acknowledges and honors the Sarcasm in You 

"Have you ever heard the Dalai Lama say he's enlightened? Have you even heard him say he's close to being enlightened? What makes you think you could possibly be further along the path than he is (for example)? Get real. "

That's because Dalai Lama is full of crap and not enlightened, that's why he can't claim he is.

Do more research and you will see that the self realized ones are the ones that meditated all day everyday for years until it occurred to them.

And yes, it's an ego trip until the ego dissolves completely with %10000 practice effort :)

PS: how would you know where the hell is he on the path? are you just assuming stuff right now?

Edited by Blissout

8 hours ago, Zephyr said:

@Spacious

Wow, so lucky of you. In my local Non Duality Store an Enlightenment package for one person would cost me $89.50 for freakin' 20 DAYS.. Yes that much for one person... Brutal I know

My non-dual store offers enlightenment for free, because it usually should cost 89.50 as you say, but since it's ultimate non-dual nature, it also costs -89.50 at the same time, making it completely free! 

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

@outlandish The path to is relative to the path from. When I was younger, the world could go ahead and fuck off. Now I’m old. I acquired a super power along the way. I’ve had the stuffing beat clean out of me, and still, there’s only love. If you are looking to beat the stuffing out of something, something that will take it and remain love, pm me anytime. Judgement is procrastination. Worse, even. It’s backtracking and reinforcing. Everyone thinks their view is the most realistic, the wise know that is merely the first of infinite filters. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

10 minutes ago, Hsinav said:

Hey you from kerala?

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

8 hours ago, Nahm said:

@outlandish The path to is relative to the path from. When I was younger, the world could go ahead and fuck off. Now I’m old. I acquired a super power along the way. I’ve had the stuffing beat clean out of me, and still, there’s only love. If you are looking to beat the stuffing out of something, something that will take it and remain love, pm me anytime. Judgement is procrastination. Worse, even. It’s backtracking and reinforcing. Everyone thinks their view is the most realistic, the wise know that is merely the first of infinite filters. 

Yes, judgment is procrastination. My criticism is along those lines, people are sitting around on this forum judging who is and who isn't enlightened. What's the point in that? What difference does it make? It's absurd to think that the category even exists, and that it's a label you can acquire. And even more absurd to think that it's worthwhile to go around trying to categorize ourselves or others in that classification.

You know who's enlightened? The shit I just deposited in the toilet bowl that is smiling back at me in perfect love without a single judgmental thought.

15 hours ago, Ether said:

Man. Nobody knows but the person itself.

Not even the person knows lol, that's funny part.  The human brain cannot by definition recognize enlightenment, so why would anyone claim that they are?  It's because they're deluded that's why.  

@outlandish awesome. You should probably do the Jesus toast thing and sell that loving terd on EBay and forsake all this made up enlightenment bs then. Lot’s of people will pay top dollar for the good shit. 

@Heart of Space you could see there is no you, just a brain with thoughts in a long, super long, causation of stuff, and it’s all the same stuff.  Just because a brain thinks “me” does not mean there is a “me”. I don’t think people appreciate the level of game in their own veiling. 

@Nahm The process of enlightenment isn't the BS, it's the classification of self and others as "enlightened"  that's the BS. People on this forum bullshiting, with varying degrees of subtlety, about being enlightened, and wondering which person is and isn't enlightened. It's an ego trip and a red herring. There's no flow in that.

If you think you're enlightened, you're not. If you see the buddha on the road, kill him. It's no joke.

@Blissout You don't like the Dalai Lama? OK. You'll never hear Thich Nhat Hanh saying he's enlightened. You'll never hear Shinzen Young saying he's enlightened. And so on. It's not because they're trying to be humble. It's because these are very advanced practitioners and they realize that it's not a thing you can have, it's not a trait or achievement you can ascribe to an individual.

You can experience enlightenment, you can experience the process of liberation, but it's not something you get to take home with you and keep in your trophy case.

2 hours ago, outlandish said:

@Nahm The process of enlightenment isn't the BS, it's the classification of self and others as "enlightened"  that's the BS. People on this forum bullshiting, with varying degrees of subtlety, about being enlightened, and wondering which person is and isn't enlightened. It's an ego trip and a red herring. There's no flow in that.

If you think you're enlightened, you're not. If you see the buddha on the road, kill him. It's no joke.

@Blissout You don't like the Dalai Lama? OK. You'll never hear Thich Nhat Hanh saying he's enlightened. You'll never hear Shinzen Young saying he's enlightened. And so on. It's not because they're trying to be humble. It's because these are very advanced practitioners and they realize that it's not a thing you can have, it's not a trait or achievement you can ascribe to an individual.

You can experience enlightenment, you can experience the process of liberation, but it's not something you get to take home with you and keep in your trophy case.

Yes because they aren't .

I have very high standards of what self realization is.

16 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Heart of Space you could see there is no you, just a brain with thoughts in a long, super long, causation of stuff, and it’s all the same stuff.  Just because a brain thinks “me” does not mean there is a “me”. I don’t think people appreciate the level of game in their own veiling. 

Sure, I agree with that.  You can make all kinds of claims about what you consider to be your 'self.'  But, it is impossible for the brain to perceive something that is primary to its existence.  Would you agree?  

@Heart of Space  paradigms can be transcended.  i laughed at people who said they experienced ufo's, had out of body incidents, experienced the truth, samadhi, experienced they are everyone and behind everything, etc. Thanks to the practices, I have experienced those things.  Still laughing, just alone.  There is no seperation. It really is all you.   That's not helpful to hear, I acknowledge that.   There are no words that can communicate to you that you are creating your life.  That's inherent. The veil gets lifted no matter what you do. The variable is before or after physical death.  I am in a perpetual state of amazement that I have experienced the truth, and still get to do what I'm doing right now.    I trust that is of zero help also.  I can ramble on the practical benefits if you like, but many years ago, I would not have believed any of what I would tell you now. I'm glad I didn't.  

a boiled down point- I stopped doing what thwarted me, I started doing what aligned me.  Punchline was revealed much later.  We all have our challenges.  I finally did whatever it took.  I hope no one has to get as low to get going, but that's the beauty in it.  That's the experience.  The rest is up to us. 

On 11/8/2017 at 2:16 AM, Blissout said:

That's because Dalai Lama is full of crap and not enlightened

You have to learn to recognize consciousness even when it doesn't fit your expectations.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

"It's bullshit, no you're not" is the lullaby that the asleep sing to the awake in hopes they fall asleep with them.

^ Maybe. But maybe it's worth considering the possibility that being awake is a process, not something you get to carry a certificate for. And that when you notice you're carrying an enlightenment certificate around, it's is a signal that your ego is clinging, and that you've got work to do.