Serge

Does Truth Even Exist?

27 posts in this topic

As I'm writing this post, I'm contemplating about truth. What is it? A part of me tells me that it is just a human made concept and yet, when I'm thinking about the statement "The truth doesn't exist", it implies the fact that this statement is either true or not. Quite and interesting paradox/mindfuck :D. Or is the issue with the word/concept "exists" ? What do we mean by this word? If we mean "occurs in our consciousness" or "we experience it", then the truth definitely exists. We definitely experience truth, don't we ? 

If I look at my cat and say "It's true that I see my cat" - I experience something. It "feels" true to me that I see my cat. But is it real ? Is me seeing my cat - reality ? But what is reality then ? Isn't reality - everything that I experience? So then does everyone has his/her own reality? Is truth relative?

Or is there something independent of the experiencing agent? Maybe there is something "absolute" that everyone can access? But what would make it absolute? The fact that everyone could access it? How would we know that that  is THE TRUTH ? How would we distinguish TRUTH from truth ?

Or is it just the borderline of our minds ? Do we reach the limit of our thinking at this point ? 

We are not our minds/thoughts. So there might be something else beyond thinking that I can't access at the moment. There's got to be, right ? 

Welcome to self-inquiry ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I’ve needed tens of thousands of hours trying to figure it out to convince myself I can’t figure it out.

@Leo Gura Thank you! I think it's time to watch your "Advanced Tips For Self-Inquiry" video :D 

@Serotoninluv Haha :D At least you're at peace now with this :DDD

@BjarkeT :DDDDD That was funny!

@Nahm Yeah, I've arrived! :DD But hell, I like it!

@Serge To me, it exists because it cannot not exist. It's even like we invented the word exist to point it out. We invented negativity just to express it exists as our mind is still trying to figure everything out in a dual function. So, it leads us to inquire if it exists, or not. But basically, both of these lead to the same direction.

trying to express truth using words leads to something like this:

yin-yang.jpg

The truth is all you can sense with your 5 senses. If it wasnt real, we wouldnt experience it. The rest is imaginary.

Truth is a human construct. What makes something true? To me it's not about what's true, but what IS, which can only be verified by experience. And it seems like everything just is, what we call reality or the universe. It exists in infinite ways, in countless dimensions. Human consciousness can access some dimensions beyond the 5 senses, but most humans are locked down by them.

Truth is meaningless, if we only knew what IS, we would know and realize that there is more to this reality we live in and there are other entities with us, much more wiser and loving than we are, and some plain evil. But who knows that, who experienced that ''truth''. 

4 hours ago, Ether said:

The truth is all you can sense with your 5 senses. If it wasnt real, we wouldnt experience it. The rest is imaginary.

Jesus taught about going beyond the 5 senses. There was a vid I watched earlier that was pretty interesting.  

The 5 senses appear in something. Being aware of That should be your practice - and dying to That. Dying to the now.

Perhaps the 5 senses is not the reality. Perhaps only the screen is real.

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

11 hours ago, Dodo said:

Jesus taught about going beyond the 5 senses. There was a vid I watched earlier that was pretty interesting.  

The 5 senses appear in something. Being aware of That should be your practice - and dying to That. Dying to the now.

Perhaps the 5 senses is not the reality. Perhaps only the screen is real.

Nah, that is just a theory

42 minutes ago, Ether said:

Nah, that is just a theory

like Gravity :D 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

1 minute ago, Dodo said:

like Gravity :D 

No, thats a fact. They just call it a theory

@Ether By the way, saying that something is just a theory doesn't say whether it is true or not. If you have faith in a Theory and there is practical method to check, you can follow it and see whether the theory points to something true or not. Saying it's not true before you've checked is just confining yourself in ego shell of a "know-it-all". 

You just dismiss it as false, whereas before you open the box, it can be both false or true. So you cannot be sure. Why then are you so sure and state "Nah"...? That is not logical on any level. 

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

@Dodo
We all live in a world of either fact or theory. Get use to it bro. You got to know what is real and what is not. 

Sarcaste <3 the Sarcasm in Me acknowledges and honors the Sarcasm in You 

1 minute ago, Zephyr said:

@Dodo
We all live in a world of either fact or theory. Get use to it bro. You got to know what is real and what is not. 

Let me show you why this is obviously not a good way to define truth:

When the Earth was considered flat, someone could have had a theory that it is round. Does this mean that the Earth was not round before it became a fact and was just theory?  No. 

Our map of reality and reality are two very different things.

Our mapping of truth and truth. Perhaps the things we hold as 'facts' stand on shaky ground, because of an initial erroneous assumption. What then? 

Does Truth change or only our map of it? 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

@Dodo
My thoughts/perception about reality (facts vs theory) is the true reality. And I will hereby protect my precious beliefs and enforce it on others. I will therefore tell you that you are wrong, regardless of what you say as long as it contradicts to what my beliefs and perception of reality is. Even if it means arguing with you over the internet, I will by all means do so. 

Sarcaste <3 the Sarcasm in Me acknowledges and honors the Sarcasm in You