egoless

Diet For Consciousness Work

179 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ppfeiff said:

I am open to new ideas. When I say "species specific diet", I am open to the possibility that it may require modification in today's world, especially when considering how much fruit, vegetables, and the soil has co-evolved with us, AND how our bodies may be damaged in unique ways. That said, do you have a better solution?

I don't. I wasn't trying to spark a debate, rather to share my experience and leave a warning about taking diet too seriously.

As for 5 months... Did you get blood tests while eating raw?? Were you certain you were producing adequate amounts of DHA?? Did you try supplementing with a raw egg yolk for a while??

That's a good point. I wasn't. I did cronometer to make sure I got most of my macros and micros. DHA seemed to be fulfilled by the fruit, but probably not enough. Perhaps because of soil quality, as you mentioned before.

I understand that the feeling of limiting yourself was your experience, however, you can't simply project that onto me or other Raw Vegans?? That is psychological in nature, correct? Your psyche?

Yes, they are projections. Thanks for pointing that out!

If you saw "feet and feet" of muciod plaque come out, are you not concerned? Do you think that is supposed to be in there?

Honestly, I still don't know what to make of it. 

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov

2 hours ago, ppfeiff said:

@Richard Alpert

So 80% success rate with cancer patients (i.e. eliminating their cancer completely) at Dr. Morse's clinic in Florida isn't convincing to you? Interesting...

And since no science backs that up, it must be false, right?

So he is a "quack"?

As for alkalinity, I'm not talking about blood pH. I'm specifically referring to how "acid" and "alkaline" waste-products from digestion interact in the body, that is, if they trigger mucous in the body. For example, I can eat plenty of avocados, and I feel clean. Yet AS SOON as I eat a tablespoon of hemp seeds (on an empty stomach), I immediately feel a trail of mucous flowing down my throat. Same with dairy, meat, grains, and all other foods that are considered "acidic." NOT, however, with "alkaline" foods such as fruits and vegetables. Use whatever label you wish, however I'm speaking about how the food interacts in the body from experience.

I did not cure my IBS or acne on Paleo after 2-3 years. Some will, yes, however this goes back to eliminating the mistakes in your diet:

For some people, their genetics are strong enough to cope with more mistakes in their diet, and they'll "see results" even if they eliminate only 2, as on a Paleo diet. For many of us, however, that have inherited deteriorated genetics after generations of mistakes, we need to eliminate more than 2 just to feel base-line OK. 

Anyway, I'd also like to point out that diet changes is only one spoke of the wheel of health.

I have heard estimations about morses success rate. But can you link me the studies and researches? Im not all about science guy, but scientific studies show the cold data / facts. Like i said, the problem with the holistic healing is that there is not much data. It's mostly hearsay and testimonials. Im not saying it does not work, but there is a reason why it is not taken too seriously, yet. Hopefully in the future. Like i said i want people to invest money to follow morse and a likes. All fruits and vegetables are not alkaline, some even highly acidic in ph. Plus nowadays you only want to buy organic because most of them include pesticides. Im pretty sure you have eaten acidic fruits and vegetables, wierd that it didnt cause the same reaction as other acidic foods if all acids cause you the same reaction like you said. Did i mention previously about the black and white? Yes we agree that you shouldnt eat too much acidic foods. More important is food combining. 

By the way, Morse weights probably something like 220-240 pounds without any muscle structure. And he is not a real doctor. You got to eat a few fruits to get that fat.

@Richard Alpert

10 minutes ago, Richard Alpert said:

I have heard estimations about morses success rate. But can you link me the studies and researches? Im not all about science guy, but scientific studies show the cold data / facts. Like i said, the problem with the holistic healing is that there is not much data. It's mostly hearsay and testimonials. Im not saying it does not work, but there is a reason why it is not taken too seriously, yet. Hopefully in the future. Like i said i want people to invest money to follow morse and a likes. All fruits and vegetables are not alkaline, some even highly acidic in ph. Plus nowadays you only want to buy organic because most of them include pesticides. Im pretty sure you have eaten acidic fruits and vegetables, wierd that it didnt cause the same reaction as other acidic foods if all acids cause you the same reaction like you said. Did i mention previously about the black and white? Yes we agree that you shouldnt eat too much acidic foods. More important is food combining. 

You're right, there is a very good reason why it's not taken seriously in the public-eye.

Because fruits and vegetables don't make a lot of money as a cure. They work, but there not as exciting and innovative as some new chemical concoction. 

Plus, if you study psychopathy... And if you're aware that the government is not your friend... Needless to say, there may be some dark forces at play that intentionally don't want people to know. There's a HEAVY bias to which studies are funded...

5 minutes ago, Richard Alpert said:

By the way, Morse weights probably something like 220-240 pounds without any muscle structure. And he is not a real doctor. You got to eat a few fruits to get that fat.

Dude.

Before you judge...

Have you tried a raw food diet?

Have you felt how in-tune you become with your emotions, especially when you're not numbing and stimulating yourself out with cooked food and animal products? Emotions, the resourceful and un-resourceful, come at you in full-wind when you're clean on the inside and living by nature's way...

How would you feel if you were constantly reminded how fucked up this world is and how much needless human suffering is occurring because of ignorance? Children being poisoned by chemo... Clever marketing and addictive additives to fast food leading to chronic obesity... New "Diseases" and "itis's" occurring earlier and earlier in the human being, because we're eating an incorrect species specific diet, and damaging our children with chemicals via vaccines?

Robert Morse is large because he intentionally eats cooked food to suppress the chronic cases he has to deal with on a daily basis at his clinic.

Ever think of that?

@Richard Alpert

26 minutes ago, Richard Alpert said:

Im pretty sure you have eaten acidic fruits and vegetables, wierd that it didnt cause the same reaction as other acidic foods if all acids cause you the same reaction like you said. Did i mention previously about the black and white? Yes we agree that you shouldnt eat too much acidic foods. More important is food combining. 

What do YOU mean by acidic fruits and vegetables?

Yes I've eaten acidic fruits and vegetables in terms of "sourness".

However, I'm referring to:

• Alkaline foods = mainly calcium, hydrogen, magnesium, oxygen, potassium, & sodium "ash" or byproduct after digestion
  • Acidic foods = mainly chlorine, phosphorous, carbon, nitrogen, & sulfur "ash" or byproduct after digestion

Alkaline foods do not trigger mucous in the body (an immune response).

Acidic foods trigger mucous in the body (an immune response).

Edited by ppfeiff

Its more the belief system than the process itself. If you had doubt, hesitant and did not believe in this 100% to fully trust and surrender to it. Its usually the cause in most cases when people do these things and they fail, they fail because they do not have the correct belief systems and the correct mindset to be successful. You don't just do extreme forms of diet/fasting/lifestyle choices if you are not 100% sure and still have your doubts, you must be in complete alignment, understanding and trust with what you are doing so you can pass with flying colors. The Power of the Mind.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

Guys, I do want to say that I have been enjoying this thread conversation with truly open minds and all of your inputs. I absolutely do NOT have it all figured out, and these conversations are awlays a pleasant reminder of that fact.

Anyway, I thought I'd share some interesting information for those who are curious.

Man who did 7 months on only magoes and herbs:

Ted Carr, Fruitarian for 8 years: 

https://www.youtube.com/user/FruitLiving/featured

Thoughts?

These are some paradigm-shattering examples for people on SAD...

On 18 November 2017 at 11:18 PM, ppfeiff said:

@AMSHave you tried a Raw Vegan diet?

I haven't tried a Vegan diet of any kind and am extremely put off the idea after hearing many testimonials of people who have ruined their health eating that way for years.  I will post a document I created of some of these cases writing about their story in my Zero Carb/Carnivore facebook group (just a handful out of literally hundreds).  I am not posting this specifically to target vegans and I do respect people trying to do be proactive about their health and environmental conditions, I am simply trying to spread awareness that at least for some it is absolutely counter in terms of achieving lasting long-term health and it also has flaws in regards to environmental sustainability.

A good book to check out: 

'The Vegetarian Myth'

https://www.amazon.com/Vegetarian-Myth-Food-Justice-Sustainability/dp/1604860804

Here is another eye-opening resource that many could benefit from to shake up what they think they know about nutrition (specifically the overhyped and actually very problematic 'fiber' which keeps getting referenced in this thread).  This book is called 'Fiber Menace' and it's probably going to be the first time in your life you have witnessed fiber being put under the squeeze like this.  Radical open-mindedness required!

https://www.gutsense.org/fiber-menace/about-fiber-menace-book.html

vegandoc.png

22 hours ago, ppfeiff said:

Guys, I do want to say that I have been enjoying this thread conversation with truly open minds and all of your inputs. I absolutely do NOT have it all figured out, and these conversations are awlays a pleasant reminder of that fact.

Anyway, I thought I'd share some interesting information for those who are curious.

Man who did 7 months on only magoes and herbs:

Ted Carr, Fruitarian for 8 years: 

https://www.youtube.com/user/FruitLiving/featured

Thoughts?

These are some paradigm-shattering examples for people on SAD...

The Fruitarian has also been on all or mostly fruit diet for many years and he does 100 mile marathons very often and has multiple awards.

He runs 15 miles to work daily and looks very healthy and vibrant!

On 11/19/2017 at 7:23 AM, Ilya said:

do you have any sources as to how to do it? have you done it? how much times?

Sorry did not notice, i followed a book i had a while back and now i just do it off by heart, i have done it 4 times for different times 4 days, 7-8 days, 14 and 21 all felt amazing especially in the later days. I would probably watch a lot youtube videos of people that have experience or read books on water fasting and guides. You could also do Juice fasting beforehand, John Rose on youtube is your man on this if you want its good to do beforehand for 2-4 weeks or more so you have less toxins in your body when you do the water fast or other more extreme fasts.

When i first did it following the books guidelines just drank distilled/purified water and had a teaspoon of organic raw honey as honey is directly absorbed into the bloodstream if i ever felt extremely hungry but usually hunger only came when i thought or sensed food around after 2-4 days hunger usually is completely eliminated. Also when doing fasts like this its best to do then when you can relax and have a lot of free time, doing simple things like gardening, walking, meditation, tai chi, yoga, and similar simple things because your body needs the energy to repair and restore itself. Eventually you should feel light as a feather and supreme clarity of mind and connection to nature and all life. Like a child again, then once you start feeling really amazing and aware this (for me starts to happen around a week in) you can choose to continue or slowly start introducing food again based on what path you are seeking.

Those who are more on a spiritual path continue doing it as long as they wish and others usually get most of the complete physical restoration within a week or two. Once you start introducing food again start with very light stuff, like light fruit, and do one food at a time then notice the bodies reaction and how you feel, then the next food ect.. take adequate time in-between foods to absorb/digest so you can see which food effects you and how and this will teach you how to understand and communicate with the body beyond what any expert can teach you.

If you start with heavy foods or cooked/processed stuff it can put your body into shock and next time you fast the body will not believe you and will be unsuccessful. Meditation and self actualization work during the fast is also very very powerful because the body/mind is pure thus you are much more thoughtless throughout your day than when focusing in a socially expected lifestyle.

Any further questions feel free to PM me i will try my best to help :)

Peace & Love

B R E A T H E

@AMS Lol you're clearly a shill. You haven't been able to provide a single counter-point to the gaping logical fallacies I pointed out in your theory.

Not to mention you don't know what you don't know. You haven't tried a Raw Vegan diet.

God knows where you found those screenshots... Lol. It's all good, just keep pulling up more details to keep your "viewers" lost :) I can see right through the ridiculous structure of your argument. Good luck! ;)

@ppfeiff I've done all-raw vegan diet. I got nothing against it. It feels great. The trick is sustaining it in this crazy society we live in. It takes eating huge quantities of food in order not to starve. I found myself having to eat all day long, every few hours, and still being hungry and losing weight (and I'm already lean). And the lack of variety to it gets really old really fast since all you're basically allowed to eat is salads and fruits. And sustaining that while traveling, or doing a meditation retreat, is a real pain in the ass. Good luck finding places that will feed you enough fruits and vegetables not to starve to death. They don't do it because it's costly. Diet isn't only about health, it's also about practicality.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

49 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@ppfeiff I've done all-raw vegan diet. I got nothing against it. It feels great. The trick is sustaining it in this crazy society we live in. It takes eating huge quantities of food in order not to starve. I found myself having to eat all day long, every few hours, and still being hungry and losing weight (and I'm already lean). And the lack of variety to it gets really old really fast since all you're basically allowed to eat is salads and fruits. And sustaining that while traveling, or doing a meditation retreat, is a real pain in the ass. Good luck finding places that will feed you enough fruits and vegetables not to starve to death. They don't do it because it's costly. Diet isn't only about health, it's also about practicality.

Aren't beans and peanuts vegan? Those are filling me up pretty well, I find.

And of course, we also have bread, which you hate.

Edited by Edvard

@AMS Radical openmindedness is required when you are against the status quo not when you represent it.  

Anecdotal evidence like FB posts doesn't count for shit.

Science shows us that animal products are not healthy but I guess you have to be extremely biased when you have a carnivore FB group.

Animals are not healthy, no amount of mental gymnastics on your part will prove otherwise.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20820038

Research TLDR: A low-carbohydrate diet based on animal sources was associated with higher all-cause mortality in both men and women, whereas a vegetable-based low-carbohydrate diet was associated with lower all-cause and cardiovascular disease mortality rates.

Edited by Socrates

On 18 November 2017 at 11:18 PM, ppfeiff said:
12 hours ago, Socrates said:

@AMSAnecdotal evidence like FB posts doesn't count for shit.

I quite disagree.  I think in a world of mixed up information regarding nutrition that reports of other's stories are somewhat important.  Especially if multiple people are walking a similar path to yours albeit further along then it is something that should be considered.  I have also read some super detailed accounts of people healing certain diseases/fixing health ailments through this way of eating and these details often link up very on point to how my own journey/knowledge has developed.  Therefore my intuition is largely at play.  I also think looking back on history and drawing some conclusions there makes sense and as I have said earlier in this thread, this way of eating makes the most logical sense to me of how humans have lived for most of their existence.  I guess my personal journey along with the information which I have extensively researched mixed in with common sense has gotten me to a point where I am willing to run the experiment on myself.  Also on top of that my gut is in such a way from years of abuse that I can't even tolerate any plant material right now anyway, it has been a blessing in disguise.  

@AMSScience shows us that animal products are not healthy but I guess you have to be extremely biased when you have a carnivore FB group.

Animals are not healthy, no amount of mental gymnastics on your part will prove otherwise.

Actually you can find science on both sides of the question.  Some of the studies and articles I have read claim that meat is extremely nutritious and I am constantly seeing old scientific studies saying otherwise being proved wrong (such as the whole saturated fat gives you cancer thing).  All scientific studies have a lot of variables and are often being disproved as time goes on.  I realise this is merely an article and probably you are going to call it biased but nonetheless you can see that info can be found on both sides.

http://www.primalbody-primalmind.com/animal-fat-new-superfood/

I also find it strange that eating an all plant diet one needs to supplement, this doesn't seem natural to me...
Whereas on an all meat diet you can actually receive all your nutrients from meat alone.  One may argue Vitamin C here but something peculiar happens when you restrict carbohydrates completely, your requirement lessens due to Vit C normally competing with glucose to get transported into the cells:

https://zerocarbzen.com/vitamin-c/
http://borntoeatmeat.com/?p=699

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20820038

Research TLDR: A low-carbohydrate diet based on animal sources was associated with higher all-cause mortality in both men and women, whereas a vegetable-based low-carbohydrate diet was associated with lower all-cause and cardiovascular disease mortality rates.

This study is done on a low carbohydrate diet whereas I am speaking of a very low carbohydrate diet or even in my case a zero carbohydrate diet.  There is a significant difference in how your body metabolises fuel when you go down to a very low carbohydrate diet or less.  Look into Ketogenic diets.  You can also find that these diets are helping people treat an array of different diseases.

Once again science isn't going to (fully) do it for me.  There are very little studies done on the Carnivore diet (hopefully that will change in the near future) as it is very new (albeit as old as time) and unconventional knowledge.  I will link something recent which has popped up in my Zero Carb group however.

'Crohn's Disease Successfully Treated With The Paleolithic Ketogenic Diet'           (ALL MEAT)

http://www.ijcasereportsandimages.com/archive/2016/009-2016-ijcri/CR-10690-09-2016-toth/ijcri-1069009201690-toth-full-text.php

For all of you who wrongly think meat is so hard to digest, this patient with a very serious digestive autoimmune disorder became healed by eating nothing but.

You would be surprised.  For certain people (like myself), plants actually are the extremely difficult thing to digest due to their natural defence chemicals (to keep animals from overgrazing on them) and certain people are very sensitive to them due to genetics and environmental factors.   

Here is a rather unbiased look at the risks AND benefits of eating plants:

Here is another great resource which tells of the importance of meat in the human diet.  It is an autobiography of an arctic explorer who lived with eskimos and ate nothing but flesh from the land and sea for years.  He noticed the high quality of health and life they embodied and therefore took their ways back to America where he ate exactly like this for a full year while undergoing clinical studies...with magnificent results. 

'The Fat Of The Land'

https://www.amazon.com/Fat-Land-Vilhjalmur-Stefansson/dp/B0000CJQEU

Edited by AMS

@Edvard

6 hours ago, Edvard said:

Aren't beans and peanuts vegan? Those are filling me up pretty well, I find.

And of course, we also have bread, which you hate.

I wouldn't.

Peanuts are known to be some of the most toxic legumes for the nervous system... They're in practically every candy, processed, and junk food for a reason...

And beans...

Here's an excerpt from Dr. Morse's The Detox Miracle Sourcebook:

Photo Nov 20, 8 30 40 AM.jpg

Edited by ppfeiff

@oysterman

On 11/13/2017 at 7:05 AM, oysterman said:

Hi, interesting thread! Good to see Leo's views on this in one condensed place. I have a couple of questions. I'm vegan.

Firstly, what's the consensus on soy? It's very easy for me to get lots of tasty protein from soy products like tofu. But I feel that it is probably too good to be true, there must be something up with it.

Another thing - I love tea :x:x:x. Obviously caffeine has its fair share of drawbacks. So, what's the consensus on decaffeinated products? I love the taste of tea more than anything. I can do without the caffeine, and would say (disagree all you like ;)) that I never drank it for the caffeine effect. For me it's a pointless side effect.

Top tip for vegans: oat milk in tea tastes just as good, and is almost indistinguishable from, cow's milk. Without the cruelty or health effects of dairy!

One last thing on caffeine - I would recommend to not completely discount caffeine. Its sparing, ritual use I have seen to be most useful in advancing one's own spiritual practice.

I wouldn't eat soy. Here's why (excerpt from Dr. Morse's The Detox Miracle Sourcebook):

Photo Nov 20, 8 29 35 AM.jpg

Photo Nov 20, 8 44 30 AM.jpg

Edited by ppfeiff

On 7.11.2017 at 9:19 AM, Dan Arnautu said:

@Leo Gura Yeah, that's true. We have so many grains because without them we would not be able to feed the entire planet. It's not that natural for humans to eat grains (think corn for example)

Although, oatmeal from what i've see is very, very healthy.

why

Since this is in the spirituality/consciousness section i must mention that there are many people out there that eat maybe 1-2 times or less a week probably a mango or something light for pleasure and not actual hunger. Its called the breatharian process.

Now these people by my honest observation seem very healthy, mentally, physically fit and emotional very stable. I believe we are at a stage of evolution where we can use and convert molecules in the air/water/sun via breath/skin/eyes for nourishment because i myself when i was in a very high consciousness state understood how the higher the consciousness the more possible it becomes for the being to sustain and thrive with very little.

This shows that if you have the right belief systems and more direct connection to higher consciousness/awareness you can go by and feel just as great if not better than those who get adequate nutrition from "eating enough" to get all the nutrients ect.. The body seems to adapt to whatever diet or calorie intake you practice and put it through. This is the case for me at least.

So yes one way of looking at things is that it is important to get enough nutrients if you have your doubts but then again if you are already at a higher consciousness to understand how it all works beyond what humans can teach you, with the right belief system you can get by with much less and thrive.

I have tried many forms of diet and lifestyle, i thrived in many but i can assure you the most spiritual and highly conscious i felt was when i consumed almost nothing at all. Of course this lifestyle is to be lived gently and more sensible/preserved as in (yoga/tai chi instead of extreme sport) but i believe since a child with the right mindset and belief system anything is possible and to this day when i have had that strong belief i have succeeded even high energy situations with flying colors.

The only time i sensed failure or lack of energy is when i started to integrate man-made thinking and create doubt. The more i spent alone away from society and everyone else, the more the impossible became possible.

Do what you wish with this information, this is just my story and my understanding since we are in that section.

Peace & Love

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E