Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj

Monks and yogis

29 posts in this topic

If I was 18/19 years I would go into a monastery for 3-5 years and then begin to study psychology/medicine. But I wasnt at the point I am now at that age so it is highly hypothetical. I believe some years in a monastery/ashram where one really studies the teachings can be the best thing one can do. Another option is to move to a city where there is Zazen 3-4 times a week and like weekend-Sesshins like every month or so. As a foundation that can be really good. Doesn't mean you get enlightened that way or that there aren't other/quicker ways.

@Toby  I have studied and traveled for years in South- Asia and decided to pick up a study when I was back home again.

I failed. Not because it was hard, but because I did not agree with everything I had to learn. In this case it was psychology and I found out it was all random bull shit.  I had created already my own opinion based on mainly experience. The study way too late...

Just follow your heart! I hope you will find what you are looking for! You seem a lot more mature than I was, when I was your age! Did you talk about it with your family? I don't know how many times I wanted to run away from society in my teenage years, and later as well,  not knowing that my ego was playing tricks on me. All this wisdom would have been very useful! I'm so glad today I never did it though now that I've seen the places I thought to be paradise by that time!

You know I wasn't talking about finding your life's purpose, to be able to be happy, express love, in any given situation is not that, this is mindfulness. Once you master this, you will ultimately have a good life whatever you do! 

Take good care

@Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj

Who Am I to judge? When I think I know, I don't know that I don't know.

"Things don't change when they are understood. Understanding reinforces the intellect (the ego). The seeker has to make room to the meditative state."

Being a monk is not that hard. You'll be just fine when you see results but make sure you find the RIGHT teacher otherwise you will end up with disappointment. :) Being a monk is harder than being a soldier because you mind is hardest to discipline. So being a monk is like training your mind to fight yourself. You can also be Yogi if you can't be a monk. 

Who Am I to judge? When I think I know, I don't know that I don't know.

"Things don't change when they are understood. Understanding reinforces the intellect (the ego). The seeker has to make room to the meditative state."

@Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj The real stuff is much different from the not real stuff. To do it correctly one must find a zen master. Zen masters are in Japan mostly, and truly. That would be living the real thing. Most things short of that won't get the job done and are just fucking around. Yogis are mostly in India of course, some never known to large populations. A few true ones here and there. Please study under one who is serious and has already been there and done that. Many teachers can help. The book Saints and Psychopaths is a good read on that issue. Do make sure homework is done and a good understanding of what it is you want is clarified within yourself. Hope this helps someone, myself include :) 

I believe you can always work on bettering yourself and living your greatest joy and becoming your greatest version but i think no matter what you do your Awakening or Enlightenment experiences will come when its your time regardless of what we choose or do. I think there is a divine play or divine set already in hand before we even stepped foot on earth for the moment it happens to each and every one of us. 

The only difference we can make is prepare ourselves so we understand it easier when it actually happens and then are more prepared to share and guide others and not lose ourselves when it does happen because it can be extremely powerful and overwhelming.

Right now Awakenings are occurring on a planetary level which is why so much is happening so fast, sooner or later we all become one and in sync.

Find the path of least resistance and Enjoy while it lasts :)

B R E A T H E