Leo Gura

Trip Reports Mega-thread

197 posts in this topic

Forget there’s anything to forget and remember there’s nothing to remember

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”

Meme trip report for various substances -

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

A new Leo copycat has appeared. LSD 6 tab trip report with insights described in a nondual perspective. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

We are enslaved by anything we do not consciously see. We are freed by conscious perception.

- Vernon Howard

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Hey guys! 

I need some help. I tried Bufo alvarius venom a couple of times in the last weeks. I have been blacking out and regaining consciousness after 10-15 minutes, not being able to recall anything at all. I  had this exact experience 6 times, varying the amount of venom burned, amount of smoke inhaled and time keeping it in my lungs. Has anyone experienced something similar? What can I do to overcome this situation? It's been a month since the last time I tried and I have not been able to recall anything, not even in my dreams and I have not felt any change in my psyche. 

Edited by ayaxgl

I thought this research would be best put here for you to part take in.

https://www.reddit.com/r/researchchemicals/comments/hlc8df/if_you_are_planning_a_psychedelic_trip_soon_you/

What's involved?

- Let us know when your planned trip is and an email address we can send you the surveys

- 1. Baseline - completed within 1 week before the trip (this is the longest one - stay with it!)

- 2. Pre-experience (about 5 minutes to complete, within 3 hours of starting your trip)

- 3.) The day after your experience

- 4 & 5) follow up surveys 2 (short one!), 4 weeks after the trip (slightly longer one)

- 6 & 7) follow up surveys 3 and 6 months following your experience

Each survey contains a series of validated questionnaires. Fill in as much as you can!

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

My first psychedelic experience

I tried eating psychedelic mushrooms for the first time. The experience was euphoric, familiar, eye-opening, beautiful, and blissful at times.

I ate 2 dried grams of psilocybe cubensis. My other friends ate 1, 2, and 3 grams, respectively. My friend who at 2 grams is considered, by our group, to be an experienced psychonaut, and we were considerably confident that he would be able to help us understand and enjoy the experience. which he did.

About 20 minutes after the initial ingestion, I started feeling something. At this point, my body started feeling lighter and I noticed my arms began to feel strange as if they didn't belong 'there'.

The first 30 - 40 minutes were mostly occupied by shifts in the way my body feels, how wavy, heavy, or light it felt.

The next thing I noticed, in terms of my reality being altered, was that colors began to intensify like someone had turned up the contrast of reality. This became apparent about 40 - 60 minutes after initial ingestion.

Now we were in the spa. We were at my friend's parents' house while his parents were on vacation and we decided to use their spa. In the water I felt very relaxed and calm, more so then I've felt in years. It felt very similar to how I've felt in meditation. Labels started melting away as if I was seeing things for the first time in my life. Objects, trees, everything was perceived with a childlike, virgin perspective.

At this point, about 2 hours into the trip, I felt like a child. I felt like I was my inner child again. That I was living as the child that is always inside of me (this part is hard to explain).

Feelings of connectedness to other people and the universe also became more intense and, in a sense, obvious. Thoughts and feelings expressed 'why are people ever angry at each other', 'this is just a game', 'just go with the flow', 'life is for fun'. I felt a very motherly love coming from the universe to me and flowing out of me towards the universe.

We were in the spa for at least 4 hours, where we would laugh, describe our experience, and relax deeply. While we expected to have our minds blown and our realities shifted, we were still surprised, confused, and awestruck by the actual nature of it. It was not what we expected, at least for the 3 of us who had never tried psychedelics before.

After being in the spa for a good while, we found ourselves around a table outside about to smoke a joint. I've smoked a lot of marijuana in my life and it seemed natural to couple weed with psychedelics as I've coupled weed with any other psychoactive substance I've ever ingested in the past.

After the first couple of hits, I started feeling very high. The feeling became very intense, very rapidly, and I started feeling overwhelmed. I've felt this exact feeling before and I knew what was happening. Even as I was drifting, I was very aware of what was happening. This was the classic shock that sometimes occurs when smoking weed. Some people call it a nicotine shock, explaining that not all of the nicotine in the tobacco has been evaporated and that it's basically an overdose of nicotine. I don't know what actually happens, but I've tried it many times and because of that, I knew how to deal with it. The very start of this 'shock' was nothing more than 'smoking too much weed'. The struggle of trying to be ok while feeling intense overwhelming discomfort, light-headedness, and cold sweats, became too much and I felt that I needed to lie down. Immediately after standing up in this condition, I knew that I was going to pass out if didn't sit back down, which I then did.

When we had been in the spa I had tried closing my eyes and I remember not being surprised by it. What I saw was slightly more significant then what I would usually see by closing my eyes and applying pressure to them. Now, however, as I was collapsed onto the table, shifting around in discomfort, I was tripping.

Exactly what I saw is hard to describe, but still vivid enough that I could animate exactly what I saw (if I could animate). I was shown objects that shifted in and out of form. I saw objects in their full form and then I would be zoomed in, to see the building blocks. I would see small orbs as information in a grid, describing the full nature of the object. It was exactly like the trip simulations you can watch on youtube.

At a point, I realized that by chanting words in my mind, such as 'love, friendly, and calm' I completely changed the situation. By saying these words, their meaning manifested in every way you can imagine. Now, instead of enduring, I was calm, happy, and extremely fascinated. I was just looking at whatever was happening and it was beautiful. Eventually, I felt it fade away and I knew it was time to open my eyes. there was no more to see.

This was more or less the end of my trip. in the hours to come, I was mostly tired and stoned.

Feel free to ask me anything as I'm trying to express my experience in order to understand and internalize.

This is my first post.

When I lived in Mexico, I went to a local medicine man to get treatment for anxiety.  I asked him about Ayahausca.  He then asked me If I had ever taken psychedelics before, and I said no.  He then said that Ayahausca lasts about 5 to 6 hours, but he had a medicine called “sapito” which lasts for about 30 minutes, and if I have never had experience with psychedelics, it might be better for a first experience.  He said the “sapito” has masculine energy and gets right to the point, whereas Ayahuasca is feminine and takes longer.

Sapito is 5-MEO-DMT.   In Mexico, it is called “sapito” or “sapo”.   The word “sapo” means “toad” in Spanish.  “Sapito” is a diminutive form which would roughly be translated as “toady” or “little toad”.

He then put the sapito in a glass pipe and told me that as soon as he lights it to inhale and count to three.    I inhaled and almost immediately fell back into a deep trance.

I felt that I was in a void and I had no thoughts.  My mind was complete silence.  I felt I was dying.    

I started to move towards a light.  When I approach the light, I flipped into another dimension.  I was astonished and gasped  “this is reality, and the everyday life I have been leading is bullshit, it is all an illusion”.  I felt something like a presence of God.

I then felt myself descending back into my body.  I could actually feel the ego with its thoughts coming back as I descended into the body.  When I was in my body, I felt an overwhelming intensity of emotions.  It was like every emotion I had ever repressed over the years came up at once.  I released them by my entire body violently shaking.  

Sapito didn’t change any of my long term negative habits or negative emotions.  However, it altered my basic beliefs about reality and set me on a spiritual path.  I am no longer a materialist.  

This was my first psychedelic experience.  Since then I have recently gone through an Ayahuasca ceremony.  For me, madre maestra Ayahuasca was much more useful and is now my medicine of choice.   The differences: Sapito lasts 30 min, Ayahauscua lasts about 6 hours.   During the 6 hours, Ayahuasca downloaded information useful to my life.  Saptio goes for the head.  Ayahuasca went to the heart center.  Ayahuasca worked to release deep pain and energy blocks in my body.  Ayahuasca was conducted with a ceremony and there was a group of people.   I found an empathetic connection to the other people in the group under the medicine which aided inner healing.   The ceremony creates a safe circle for sacred healing.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

@Jodistrict , thank you for this.

Your comparison between 5Meo and Aya is very insightful, particularly how Aya goes for the heart while 5Meo is cerebral. So both are necessary and have their own place.

Hello everyone, please help me identify my state under magic shrooms trip.

That how it was: me and my friends (3 of us and small bag of magic)  went camping with other people who roughly believe in alcohol intoxication (if you know what I meant) But we knew, despite our controversial point of view with those people, this is gonna work. So, the other day we consumed little magic and started having wonderful chatting with people who was consuming alcohol, funny thing that 3 of us set tents aside of main group, so we were kind of separate camp, but by the end of the evening the rest of the group (about 20 people) gathered around our small camp fire, though they had their own huge camp fire with lots of food, tables, alcohol (To make this clear, we are not this type of persons who can attract people by anything in a regular time at all). I believe that everyone who passed our separate camp by, was attracted by compassion, acceptance, sincere listening summoned in us by "magic".

First it happen when I suddenly decided to meditate near campfire between those people who were chatting in small groups, trying to feel all of their emotions that they were exposing. After half of the minute the greatest joy/happiness (I'm not sure if these are the right words for this feeling) started filling my head so my face got the widest smile I ever had and tears start running, so I had to hide my face in palms so no one bother me with questions what is happening with me. And then I had giant explode in my head, it was kind of orgasm, but not the one you have with sex, more like psychological, along with strongest hallucinations I ever had. It was short, maybe less then a minute, so I just came back to my friends and continued conversation when it was over. No one even admit that. I had 1 more "orgasm" later, same strength, but the most significant was the last one: closer to noon time I left our campfire taking little walk to a river, I sat down the rock and started meditating but with eyes open, now imagine - fool moon gives enough light to see everything, calm wide river, and black stripe of pine forest on other bank below the shining moon. It came up immediately after I focused on sounds of nature and the whole picture, the world, the whole existence started breaking on small particles looked like snowflakes that begun unfold infinitely, then I've got one more psychological orgasm along with strong understanding that the "God" is in every particle of our existence (I'm atheist by the way) and that I thought about "God" too literally before, so this is not a guy on the sky with white beard watching us, but just a different, unknown matter/instance/substance, I don't know. It was so powerful! I'll remember it my whole life.

Please help me to understand what is that, how it called, what does it meant?

Each of us took less then a 2 gram of shrooms, after lunch (this was a big mistake) and I smoked small joint after 2 hours.

Thanks to everyone, peace!

Sorry for my language, I'm not from this country.

I had my second ayahuasca journey.  On the day of the ceremony, I fasted.  It took about 1 hour for the journey to begin.  I could feel my heart beating fast and strong.  I then began to feel a weakness like I was going to faint, and it was really unpleasant.  Then Mother Ayahuasca started to envelop me with a fog and she was pulling me into another dimension.  Because of what I was experiencing, I panicked and opened my eyes, fearing that I would be trapped in suffering that I couldn't escape from.  I was able to pull back from an experience I wasn’t ready for.  When I pulled back, I was thrust into a void of blackness where I experienced the pain of loneliness and disconnection from the divine.   I think that fact I didn’t eat could have lowered my glucose and caused the fainting.   

The journey continued in waves.  In one of the peaks, I started hearing audible voices speaking gibberish, first 1, then 10, then it seemed like a thousand voices at once.  I put my hands over my ears to try to stop the noise.  Then I realized that the voices I was hearing were my thoughts.  The medicine was showing me that my mind was full of noise, which gets in the way of solving my problems. 

I feel that I am started to learn the skills of navigating a journey.  It is important to surrender to the process, and when suffering comes up, remind oneself that it is temporary.  This comes from developing a personal relationship of trust with your plant teacher.  Also, it is important to not analyze while on the journey because the analytical mind can create misleading thoughts that interferes with the journey.  Mother Ayahausca is a teacher and downloads the information that we need to know.

Vincit omnia Veritas.