egoless

Adverse Effects Of Shrooms

41 posts in this topic

Where we’re at with marijuana is a good example. 20 years ago there were commercials of an egg frying in a pan and a voice equating that to your brain on “drug”, then specifying pot. The president of the US wanted people caught with a joint jailed for life. Now it’s being used to cure “mental issues”, physical ailments, seizures, etc, etc, etc.  There is a lot of similar clinical studies being done, on humans, with psychedelics. They are yielding far greater results that pot. Ridding people of the burdens of PTSD, etc, which were created from the lack of awareness and connection to begin with.  Reality mindfucks it’s self every few decades. There really is no spoon, so let yourself bend, and you’ll be ahead of the curve. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Spoken by Prospero The Tempest (1610), Act 5 Scene 1 Shakespeare

Ye elves of hills, brooks, standing lakes and groves,
And ye that on the sands with printless foot
Do chase the ebbing Neptune and do fly him
When he comes back; you demi-puppets that
By moonshine do the green sour ringlets make,
Whereof the ewe not bites, and you whose pastime
Is to make midnight mushrooms, that rejoice
To hear the solemn curfew; by whose aid,
Weak masters though ye be
, I have bedimm’d
The noontide sun, call’d forth the mutinous winds,
And ‘twixt the green sea and the azured vault
Set roaring war: to the dread rattling thunder
Have I given fire and rifted Jove’s stout oak
With his own bolt; the strong-based promontory
Have I made shake and by the spurs pluck’d up
The pine and cedar: graves at my command
Have waked their sleepers, oped, and let ’em forth
By my so potent art. But this rough magic
I here abjure, and, when I have required
Some heavenly music, which even now I do,
To work mine end upon their senses that
This airy charm is for, I’ll break my staff,
Bury it certain fathoms in the earth,
And deeper than did ever plummet sound
I’ll drown my book.

Maybe end up with something off of "Pet Semetary." I mean I have heard that psychedelics increase openness (which is correlated with IQ(actual or conspiracy)). On the other-hand dying and being raised from the dead, imho and inferences, possibly going to fragment a person's psyche and coherence, sometimes very subtly.  

John 11

43 And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.

44 And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.

Lazarus come forth!!! (fairly disturbing video)

On 5/11/2017 at 9:16 AM, Girzo said:

@Little Plant don't be so quick, because they do have a potenial to damage. Even if it's not the substance ifself, there are still thousands of outside factors that can harm you. Unsafe environment, cross-reactions with other drugs you take, misslabeling of the drug or hidden diseases.

For example, I have a light heart disease and need to babystep every substance, because otherwise I would feel pain for days and could damage my heart. It was a case with my first psychedelics trip, even tho it was only about 60mcg (AL-LAD).

Yes but that has nothing to do with the actual substance, that is you and your circumstances/context creating that for you. It’s like giving the advice: don’t go outside you could potentially fall and die or even worse you could end up brain damaged. What’s the actual point of talking about these things? That was my point.

And also, the risk of dying on psychedelics is usually the point. 

@Arman but how do you know it was the actual psychedelics that caused that experience for you? So you acutally believe that they have harmed you in a bad way? 

@Leo Gura But Leoooooo... I agree with you completely and that’s why I wanted to put it out there, that you are keeping their fears alive by talking about the negative (=potential dangers) of psychedelics. My question is what is the a-c-t-u-a-l point of doing that? 

In all realness though, if a brother is serious about Truth then he will take the damn psychedelics despite the fear of brain damage or death. It’s called self-sacrifice and it’s damn b-e-a- utiful ?????I just get worked up because I really feel every person in the world deserves to experience it and see it for what it is!

41 minutes ago, Little Plant said:

@Arman but how do you know it was the actual psychedelics that caused that experience for you? So you acutally believe that they have harmed you in a bad way? 

Cos one day I took them, had an extraordinarily strange and difficult experience, and the next day I woke up with a very shaken brain and body that took a few years to fully recover from. Bad luck,  but it happens. It was fairly moderate brain damage - short term memory and information recall was highly compromised and it was difficult to communicate effectively, especially for the first few months. These are just a few effects beside many other stranger ones. It was kind of hellish and scary but thankfully the brain is highly malleable and I think by now I have recovered almost fully but sometimes I wonder if I am as sharp as I could be. ;) For the record it was an 'ayahuasca analogue' which contains DMT, A plant mixture (in this case it was just capii vine if memory serves) and an MAOI. The MAOI does dilute the clarity of the issue and may well have been the culprit for adverse reaction - but I did take a smaller dose some days prior to test with no ill effects (didn't trip either) so it doesn't seem like it was an 'allergic' reaction. My set and setting were about the usual for trips and I had a dozen or two prior experiences with various psychedelics - almost all of them highly positive. 

I've also had some friends that experienced psychotic breaks or long term traumas from single psychedelic experiences too, but in those cases it seems set and setting was highly questionable. 

On 11/5/2017 at 1:06 AM, Little Plant said:

@Leo Gura your discourse on psychedelics is already creating so many unessecary questions and issues for people, look at the fear in every post about psychedelics because people actually THINK it has potential to damage. Because you talk about that soooo much!!! Remember law of attraction it is definitely going to damage you if you belive it is capable of that. It’s too over the top this attitude I really feel it is contributing to more fear not minimizing it. 

Oh lord.  It's possible, even beneficial, to have a sober conversation about potential consequences of usage.  Education is proven to lower fear and increase pain threshold, so an objective education on all possibilities positive and negative should be laid out to someone before they use it.  

The worse case scenario is someone using a drug after being told by some of these hippy new age doofs that they are perfect magic substances that have no potential for negative consequences and then receiving said negative consequences.  

It's the same thing with even fairly benign drugs like weed, people rave about how magically perfect the substance is.  Yet, studies trickle out more and more showing that long term usage does actually damage the brain in terms of decreasing grey matter in important areas of the brain leading to more impulsive behavior.  Basically similar sort of traits that someone who has damaged their brain from concussion.  

@Heart of Space I felt as you did 8 years ago, I was frigthented. But brainwashed and indoctrinated as well. I know where you are coming from and you will evolve out of that at some point. 

After 5 years in business schoool being called a hippie is a huge compliment for my egotistical and moneyhungry ass..  You know you gotta go through that Green stage at some point if you want to evolve, but I know it can be tough especially with all the hippie judgement it will keep you stuck my friend. 

I don’t care to discuss psychedelics with You, so I hope for your own saftety YOU NEVER EVER ENCOUNTER THEM EVER!! And I hope you have a really safe life out there if that’s what you purpose is!! 

@Arman i am sorry, but it sounds nothing more than victim mentality to me. No offense to your experiences, but you are blaming whatever on some heavy substance and not taking one bit of responsibility for your experience... you and your friends not being emotionally mature to take psychedelics has nothing to do with the psychedelics. At all. That’s just the devils work. 

If you are afraid because of your experience, you have to realize that you are spreading that fear. That’s how fear spread, it’s very contagious 

15 minutes ago, Little Plant said:

@Arman i am sorry, but it sounds nothing more than victim mentality to me. No offense to your experiences, but you are blaming whatever on some heavy substance and not taking one bit of responsibility for your experience... you and your friends not being emotionally mature to take psychedelics has nothing to do with the psychedelics. At all. That’s just the devils work. 

If you are afraid because of your experience, you have to realize that you are spreading that fear. That’s how fear spread, it’s very contagious 

Just sharing the experience that I had. For the record I still love psychedelics. 

9 minutes ago, Heart of Space said:

Translation:  "You're a poo poo face and I don't have the intellectual capacity to engage you in an intelligent conversation."

Right-O, darling.  Good day to you.  

@Heart of Space What I meant was I don't want to spend my time discussing, because I feel you are being deliberate nasty to me and it's not a nice feeling for me. So yeah I do care after all.. I was coming from a joking kind of place in the first place, and I just don't like how dark and condescending it has to turn just because you have a different opinion than me. 

@Arman To be honest after my first trip I thought I was 100% brain damaged, I scared the shit out of myself that I dont remember stuff, that I have impaired cognitive ability, but just as leo mentioned, it was pure law of attraction. I believed I had this stuff, so it very well seemed like it. It was about 2 months ago and now im at the peak of my cognitive ability in my whole life. I also used that as a learning experience as an example that the mind is a stupidly tricky thing and i've grown in the last 2 months unbelievably much.

@Heart of Space I contribute to the nastiness myself, no doubt that your words trigger me. Let's not discuss things we know we so radically disagree about, if we cannot be mature about it yet.. we are just generating more hate. Apologies for my negativity and peace <3 

@Ilya amazing example of how the ego is not fucking around, and will use all dirty tricks to make you not touch psychedelics again 9_9 I bet you have grown massively from that kind of experience, awesome!! 

2 hours ago, Arman said:

Just sharing the experience that I had. For the record I still love psychedelics. 

I salute anyone who has the balls to do psychedelics. dmt is badass and uncompromising, haven't had the guts to touch it in a loooong ass time :D

I understand how it could have you feel all messed up!

Regarding tolerance: IME it takes about 10 days for a full tolerance reset from a regular/full dose. It takes about 7 days for a full reset from a mini dose and about 3 days for a microdose. I trip consistently and mix up micro, mini, and full doses.

Once I became more accustomed to the psychedelic experience, I found that I could raise my level of consciousness on lower dosages.

Regarding brain damage: It depends on your definition of "damage". Do you mean losing cognitive abilities like doing math? Or perhaps fundamental changes in perception / world view? My psychedelic experiences have shaped me, somewhat similar to how my experiences living abroad have changed me. There are a couple changes that I would have considered "brain damage" before I started using psychedelics, yet I know longer consider it "damage" - I now consider the "new normal" more "normal" than the "old normal".

The only long-term side effect I wouldn't consider "normal" is occasional HPPD. When someone is animated and moves their hands around fast, I sometimes see tracks.  I'm not sure if I am just more aware now, or if there has been a visual processing alteration. It's a bit annoying, yet not a big deal to me.

IMO, anyone serious about exploring and expanding consciousness will naturally utilize psychedelics. Similarly, anyone serious about travel and exploring the world will naturally utilize airplanes.

Edited by Serotoninluv

On 11/5/2017 at 8:42 AM, Natasha said:

If one decides to take them, do it mindfully, gradually, and along with developing good lifestyle habits like healthy diet, regular excercise, meditation, etc. In other words, consider the whole body-mind connection approach.  

IME, it depends on the person. I've seen novices jump in hard and fast to later regret it. Yet, the Shamans in Peru encouraged us to jump right in and drink a strong dose of Aya, then let go and surrender. I didn't meet anyone at the retreat that later regretted it.

On my last shroom trip, I died, merged with Nothing and was reborn as the ego. It still affects me to this day, it has put my whole life into question. For a few days after I was struggling, really struggling to come to grips with what happened. I reckon such an experience could fuck someone up for a while, but ultimately it would be positive. Seeing Truth is always positive in my view.

Founder of The Great Updraft: Articles, Courses + More

www.thegreatupraft.com