egoless

Adverse Effects Of Shrooms

41 posts in this topic

Can someone very experienced make a list of potential damaging effects of shrooms if used consistently for Enlightenment work? For example, I've heard that after shroom usage weed becomes more psychedelic and it is more panicky. You can't handle weed like you used to - how true is that? Are there any brain damages possible with shrooms or truffles? Let's say if you use it once or twice per month for some time. Does it damage serotonin receptors? What other possible adverse effects should be expected?

If you haven't already, Leo put a post about the dangers of psychedelics on the insight blog, go check it out. My psychedelic use has defiantly effected my experience of smoking weed now, no doubt about. Whenever I'm stoned now it sort of reminds me of my LSD trips since I've used LSD the most in the past year. Vice versa, an individual who's had a breakthrough on 5 MEO DMT will most likely experience 5 MEO like affects if they smoke weed. Not being able to handle weed like you use to? Depends on the person really, for me personally I'm perfectly fine with it. I don't know if its possible for shrooms to cause brain damage, most certainly not if you know your using it in a responsible manner. What other effects should be expected? Well, if your using psychedelics for enlightenment work, you'll start trudging through unknown territory at some point and there's no telling what you'll find out there, just be aware. 

@nightrider1435 But is there a thing like overusing shrooms I mean if you maintain 2 week gap. Like MDMA has serious potential to make permanent brain damage and make you depressed for whole life. Does shroom have the same sort of effect? The part about weed is very bad con because people smoking weed usually don't want to have acid or psychadelic experience on it.

@egoless Mushrooms have roughly a 10 day tolerance window. Most psychedelics do. MDMA is much worse and quickly burns out entirely.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

19 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@egoless Mushrooms have roughly a 10 day tolerance window. Most psychedelics do. MDMA is much worse and quickly burns out entirely.

what about brain or other physical damage possibilities. You have used good amount of psychedelics recent times so I am sure you have done some good research on that.

@egoless I would say yes there is such a thing of over using any psychedelics. Know what you can handle. You might have such a profound mindfuck paradigm busting trip that you would want to months to integrate the experience. When the mind gets fucked allow it to get back on its feet before it gets fucked again.

@egoless I leave up to the viewer to judge whether I'm brain damaged or not ;)

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

@egoless I leave up to the viewer to judge whether I'm brain damaged or not ;)

You definitely are not right now :D but what about future?

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@egoless Stay tuned and see.

till the end with you! even though you sometimes frustrate me so much... :D I hope you will get Enlightened before psychedelics damage you lol!

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@egoless Mushrooms have roughly a . Most psychedelics do. MDMA is much worse and quickly burns out entirely.

What do you mean by that ? Could you please elaborate by what you mean by a 10 day tolerance window ?

I no longer advocate, participate, condone, or support  actualized.org or Leo Gura in anyway. The reasons are left in the few post I left behind. 

@Source_Mystic If you take mushrooms today, and then again tomorrow, tomorrow's trip will be severely reduced due to a built up tolerance. It takes 10 days for the tolerance to gradually return to zero.

Which means you shouldn't trip more than once a week on them.

Egoless aknowledge all the fear you have towards psychedelics, trust me they are never going to damage you ever! Trust your own intution about it. And if you have a million questions don’t take them at all....

@Leo Gura your discourse on psychedelics is already creating so many unessecary questions and issues for people, look at the fear in every post about psychedelics because people actually THINK it has potential to damage. Because you talk about that soooo much!!! Remember law of attraction it is definitely going to damage you if you belive it is capable of that. It’s too over the top this attitude I really feel it is contributing to more fear not minimizing it. 

@Little Plant don't be so quick, because they do have a potenial to damage. Even if it's not the substance ifself, there are still thousands of outside factors that can harm you. Unsafe environment, cross-reactions with other drugs you take, misslabeling of the drug or hidden diseases.

For example, I have a light heart disease and need to babystep every substance, because otherwise I would feel pain for days and could damage my heart. It was a case with my first psychedelics trip, even tho it was only about 60mcg (AL-LAD).

Edited by Girzo

@egoless There are next to no cases of people having any sort of sever brain damage from taking mushrooms. They're not some dodgy research chemical mixed with god knows what. They're plants! Although of course anything in excess may damage to the body. When it comes to psychedelics I don't think you'd want to do it more than once a monthBut what you'll notice, when you take them, is that you have no desire to take them again any time soon. Particularly if you do fairly high doses. It's almost like they have a built in system which makes you want to take a break and integrate what you've learnt.

Edited by Space

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

4 hours ago, Little Plant said:

Egoless aknowledge all the fear you have towards psychedelics, trust me they are never going to damage you ever! Trust your own intution about it. And if you have a million questions don’t take them at all....

@Leo Gura your discourse on psychedelics is already creating so many unessecary questions and issues for people, look at the fear in every post about psychedelics because people actually THINK it has potential to damage. Because you talk about that soooo much!!! Remember law of attraction it is definitely going to damage you if you belive it is capable of that. It’s too over the top this attitude I really feel it is contributing to more fear not minimizing it. 

Uhh... take it from someone who did suffer brain damage from the use of psychedelics - they absolutely can damage you. Blaming harm-potential on the law of attraction and fear may not be fruitful. If one could negate the biological and physiological implications of a substance completely then they're probably beyond needing psychedelics in the first place. 

The term 'psychedelics' covers a broad range of substances, many of which have not been tested and verified through time and study, particularly many newer research chemicals. LSD and Mushrooms are probably chief among the list of safest psychedelics - but to assume they can never damage you, and particularly, but not necessarily from misuse, is naive. 

Fear driven propaganda is not helpful but neither is the reactionary and reflexive opposite stance of choosing to believe that they are "never going to damage you". Perhaps you have not experienced negative effects for yourself, but in my experience, many have, and this is not just third-party anecdotes of dudes jumping out of windows. 

For the record I still think psychedelics are great. 

Edited by Arman

As someone who doesn't use psychedelics myself, but read about them, with proper use (meaning done for consciousness work in a safe environment), rather than causing 'damage', they're supposed to help slowly de-activate the 'monkey mind'. And that would be impossible without altering brain chemistry to some extend. If one decides to take them, do it mindfully, gradually, and along with developing good lifestyle habits like healthy diet, regular excercise, meditation, etc. In other words, consider the whole body-mind connection approach.  

Edited by Natasha

@egoless after enough practices and pyschadelics (if you want), what you’ll see is that you are the assigner of ALL meaning. You are not in the illusion, the illusion is in you. So, you are creating your shroom experience. You always have been. If this is where you’re head is at, you don’t have a solid foundation in place yet, so you should be more disciplined in your daily practices and lifestyle before shrooming. I know this is harsh, but I’m playing the role of the dickish guy who is putting your well being first. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

9 hours ago, Little Plant said:

@Leo Gura your discourse on psychedelics is already creating so many unessecary questions and issues for people, look at the fear in every post about psychedelics because people actually THINK it has potential to damage. Because you talk about that soooo much!!!

That's not because I talk about it so much, that's because their minds have been imprinted with 70 years of government propaganda from 1st grade through 12th grade. That's what happens when the mind is filled with wrong ideas at an earlier age. People become closedminded beyond repair. It's the exact same dynamic which goes on with religion.

For example, when you eat a Snickers bar and drink a Coke, you don't worry, "Will I get brain damage!" But with psychedelics you do. Why? In reality, that Snickers bar and Coke will do more damage to you than a handful of mushrooms. But government has put out all these nasty rumors about drugs frying your brain and you've linked that with psychedelics.

It's just culture doing it's thing, distorting reality to suit the egos who created it.

I dare you to find me one study which shows that psychedelics damage brains.

@Leo Gura Thank you good to know for many reasons especially if you are trying to maximise effect and minimise cost. 

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Source_Mystic If you take mushrooms today, and then again tomorrow, tomorrow's trip will be severely reduced due to a built up tolerance. It takes 10 days for the tolerance to gradually return to zero.

Which means you shouldn't trip more than once a week on them.

I no longer advocate, participate, condone, or support  actualized.org or Leo Gura in anyway. The reasons are left in the few post I left behind.