sarapr

Pms

24 posts in this topic

PMS is killing me. The last time it took 2 weeks to go away and now that it's over for this month I feel like a totally different person ;All motivated studying for more than 7 hours a day -feeling confident - feeling like I'm on top of the world- happy - sleeping well and on time and waking up early - no overthiking over trivial things and I practically put my life back together. But you should've seen just a day before my PMS finished. I was actually considering suicide for real feeling unattractive as hell feeling like life has done me a disservice for bringing me here like everything is against me I practically had my face glued to my laptop watching torture movies one after the other for two whole weeks and trying to feel their pain in the movie and adding their misery to my own . And right now I'm kind of worried about this if this keeps happening month after month It's going to ruin my life at one point.But the severity of it differs each month but there was a point that I thought it might be bipolar but after observing the cycle carefully I realized the close link between this mood and my periods  so I don't think it's bipolar.

I would really appreciate any solutions you might have.

@sarapr Did you manage to get your issue under control?

I"m sorry your experiencing this. I did too. It was awful, I know exactly what your going through! I'm not joking when I say I started to dread each month. I did my research and came across a natural supplement that could help eliminate my symptoms (please check they won't counteract with any other medication your on) it's called Agnus castus have you heard of it? Before plunging in heard first I did a lot of research as there are different ways of taking it, I found out through direct experience (for myself) that the tablet form was the most effective way. Also you need to be taking a certain MG in order for it to actually work. If you haven't found a solution please do some research into this, it could change your life. 

Good luck lovely and if you need anymore help please ask away ❤️

@Charlotte For that I've tried multivitamins but sometimes it doesn't seem to work.

There was one month that I did regular exercise and everything was awesome for that month but I can't keep it up.

I've heard yoga can help with all sorts of things so now I'm trying that one out as well.

12 minutes ago, sarapr said:

@Charlotte Where do I get it? is it found in pharmacies?

Not sure about pharmacies, I live in the UK and I got it online. It isnt a multivitamins but an extract from a plant. Maybe do a quick Google so you understand the background of it and hopefully where you will be able to purchase. I cannot praise it enough! 

9 minutes ago, sarapr said:

@Charlotte

There was one month that I did regular exercise and everything was awesome for that month but I can't keep it up.

I've heard yoga can help with all sorts of things so now I'm trying that one out as well.

Good for you!! Sounds like your exploring all your options. Keep it up. I understand how AWFUL PMS is, some women suffer much much worse than other. I was literally suicidal each month it was that bad. Thank god I got it under control with the supplement.

I truly hope you find something that works for you. 

@sarapr I'd highly recommend trying yoga on a daily basis, it's one of the best solutions for painful cramps. 

Also, (now as silly as it sounds it works) try being extremely mindful of your situation, especially the physical pain that you might experience. I'm not being naive, trust me, simply being aware of the physical pain, observing it deeply and not labelling it as "pain" can actually make you more tolerant towards it. And I say this from experience. You can't really avoid PMS and especially the physical pain so instead try making an effort to engage in it. It sounds immature and foolish but it's not if you do it with patience. Also avoid medication (completely if possible) since it gets easy for the body to get addicted to it (been there so I know)

Awesome advice from @Vaishnavi

I'll definitely try this! 

I think (not 100 percent) that @sarapr is referring to the moods with pms? The mental state it can put you in. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

1 hour ago, Charlotte said:

Awesome advice from @Vaishnavi

I'll definitely try this!

I think (not 100 percent) that @sarapr is referring to the moods with pms? The mental state it can put you in. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

I personally experience serious cramps the reason why I talked about it. With the mood swings (I know they're terrible) I try doing the same i.e. be really mindful of it and not judge it. I just let myself do what I want to but with awareness. So if I want to eat chocolate I'll do that but be aware of it, it reduces the intensity of the emotions I feel. Being simply aware of something sounds too easy and too good to be true but this one thing alone has made tremendous difference for me. :)

Awareness alone is curative... I totally get it and 100 percent agree with you. 

On 11/21/2017 at 0:39 PM, Charlotte said:

Awesome advice from @VaishnaviI'll definitely try this! 

Yeah it's funny the way I experience these it's like one month there is only the physical part but no moodiness then the other month there is no physical pain just the emotions and I don't have a problem with physical pain I can tolarete that but when it messes with my mind everything gets horrible. I guess my genes on this issue are the worst type because I even feel my ovalution moment full force . sth many wemon actually struggle to know about for pregnancy reasons.I'm kind of pretty thin so I guess most of it might simply be due to diet problems.

14 hours ago, sarapr said:

Yeah it's funny the way I experience these it's like one month there is only the physical part but no moodiness then the other month there is no physical pain just the emotions and I don't have a problem with physical pain I can tolarete that but when it messes with my mind everything gets horrible. I guess my genes on this issue are the worst type because I even feel my ovalution moment full force . sth many wemon actually struggle to know about for pregnancy reasons.I'm kind of pretty thin so I guess most of it might simply be due to diet problems.

There is a scientific name for women who struggle with PMS to this degree... have you been to your GP? I'm sorry your going through this, just to add and hopefully make you feel better... I'm literally going through it now. Same as you I can handle the pain but the emotional effect is something else! Hate being a woman sometimes, men have it so easy ?

@Charlotte Yeah I sometimes wonder how it would feel like with testosterone in my system rather than all these women hormones!

Since it varies from month to month I never considered to go my GP for it but I'll do it soon.

@sarapr Yeah being a women definitely sucks sometimes ?.

I highly recommend the Agnus castus though hun, please don't overlook it. Yeah your GP could definitely guide you in the right direction. Let me know how you get on. Sending strength ❤️

Hi I'm not a girl but I know Maca helps well for PMS and hormonal changes.

For me it gives energy and also boost mood. Plus you get more chatty ?

https://draxe.com/top-5-maca-root-benefits-and-nutrition/

Heres a quote:

"

PMS, Menopause, and Women with Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)

Maca Root is well known to help with hormone balance that often contributes to improving the symptoms of PMS and Menopause. In females with PCOS, maca is believed to help by controlling estrogen levels in the body.

Estrogen levels that are either too high or too low can make it difficult for a women to ovulate and become pregnant.  Therefore balancing the amount of estrogen that a women produces, and in turn the amount of related progesterone produced, is very important for increasing reproductive health, fertility, and decreasing symptoms related to PCOS- like irregular menstrual cycles, excess hair growth, and more. (4)"

I would advise to check out the capsules because most people find the taste gross.

I really believe it's diet related...I rarely have issues with it now (and I used to puke all over myself totally bed-ridden for days with all of the pain/ other issues when I was in my 20's and in school/ not eating as well). If I do occasionally have symptoms I use a godess tea or a pms tincture...tea = Each 1g contains: 0.120g Black Cohosh root (Cimicifuga racemosa), 0.120g Black Haw bark (Viburnum prunifolium), 0.120g Motherwort aerial parts (Leonurus cardiaca), 0.110g Red Raspberry leaf (Rubus idaeus),  0.100g Chamomile flower (Matricaria chamomilla), 0.100g Ginger rhizome (Zingiber officinale), 0.100g Lemon Balm (Melissa officinalis),  0.100g Nettle leaf (Urtica dioica),  0.100g Yarrow flower (Achillea millefolium), and 0.030g Chasteberry (Vitex agnus-castus).....and tincture = chaste tree, skullcap, dandelion and black cohosh

@sarapr get counseling, meditate and exercise daily. If you’re going to watch movies, pick some up lifters. Just asked my wife for her two cents, she said look to see if the mood swings are the resulting of over eating or overdoing sugar/carbs (she calls this ‘next two days sugar withdrawal), and if so, get a blood test done at each point in your cycle to rule out iron or vitamin deficiency is at the root of uncontrollable appetite. Don’t listen to her though, she don’t know nothin. ?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm I do overeat excessively in this time. the last month I didn't but the month in the comment I was constantly eating potato chips and unhealthy stuff.

It's a combination of factors affecting my mood I think I'm starting to figure out how to control it.