On 11/3/2017 at 5:33 PM, art said:

Do you have reading problems ?

the universe SHOULD NOT exist, 

there is nothing saying ""universe Doesn't Exist" 

15 minutes ago, daramantus said:

Do you have reading problems ?

there is nothing saying ""universe Doesn't Exist" 

You are a meanie! 10 enlightenment points from slytherin! 

23 minutes ago, molosku said:

Lol

That's can only be said by someone who doesn't understand that non-existence IS what the universe is!

Non-existence isn't nothing. It's everything!

Ta-da! Origin of the universe solved!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Lol

That's can only be said by someone who doesn't understand that non-existence IS what the universe is!

So what? 

Ta-da! Lucid dreaming still going on :D 

do you have pop corn to share? Seems like a nice movie!

Edited by egoless

On 2/20/2018 at 6:59 AM, Leo Gura said:

Lol

I don't know why you guys always talk everything in absolutes , (oh it's everything, oh it's nothing, oh it's something there, no it's infinity, oh it's nothing, oh it's everything, etc..) it's vague talk, it's just distortion of concepts, it turns it all into meaningless babble and vague assertions and no one takes it seriously because it doesn't mean anything.

No Leo.

Existence is the antonym of non existence.

See this image?

There are two trees there.

One tree exist, the other doesn't, one tree is an existing tree, the other is non existent.

Simply as that.

images.jpeg

Edited by daramantus

9 minutes ago, daramantus said:

One tree exist the other doesn't, one tree is an existing tree, the other is non existent.

Simply as that.

@daramantus Collapse both the existent tree and the non existent tree into one then collapse that.

On February 20, 2018 at 3:59 AM, Leo Gura said:

Lol

I don't think that's a misunderstanding on "their" part...

You're just using a different definition of nonexistence. A definition that just equals existence

6 hours ago, daramantus said:

I don't know why you guys always talk everything in absolutes , (oh it's everything, oh it's nothing, oh it's something there, no it's infinity, oh it's nothing, oh it's everything, etc..) it's vague talk, it's just distortion of concepts, it turns it all into meaningless babble and vague assertions and no one takes it seriously because it doesn't mean anything.

No Leo.

See this image?

One tree exist, the other doesn't, one tree is an existing tree, the other is non existent.

Simply as that.

images.jpeg

I agree. 

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

6 hours ago, daramantus said:

No Leo.

See this image?

Simply as that.

images.jpeg

I agree. I guess Leo would say something like the other tree exist in your mind as an idea of a non-existent tree

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

6 hours ago, Enlightenment said:

I agree. I guess Leo would say something like the other tree exist in your mind as an idea of a non-existent tree

And then he will tell you that your family is a hallucination and you're all alone?

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

15 hours ago, Enlightenment said:

As a counter point, I would say I can imagine a tree in my mind right now and I know how to differ a tree in my mind against a tree that is outside of me. That tree that is outside of me, is also seen by others, the tree that I imagine is only seen by me in my inner world.

But we would probably get a never-ending excuse, to defend his point he would have to include many unnecessary details with the objective of making the narrative seem more convincing or believable, ignoring occam's razor.

12 hours ago, Shaun said:

And then he will tell you that your family is a hallucination and you're all alone?

Aside from the fact that I don't watch his newer videos (as I did in 2016), it wouldn't surprise me if in fact he theorized this absurd; but I guess Leo is intelligent enough to catch up the gaps and flaws in this thinking and later on change his mind and rectify what he said before. It wouldn't make sense not to. Im yet to see someone who truly believes in solipsism, as arguing with others already proves you really don't. However, even if he believed in solipsism, he couldn't affirm that, at all, as solipsism is simply the skepticism you have about others existing and having consciousness and mind of their own, you doubt the existence of other minds, solipsism simply does not 'confirm' other minds to be true, however, it doesn't confirm the opposite either, for the solipsist, it's just the realm of 'you never know' , you never know if they truly have their independent consciousness.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

EDIT: I've watched his video, he did in fact said that nirvana you will become 'alone', kind of  becoming one with that deity he believes in (according to him, our will differs from God's will, so we are separated from God, otherwise he wouldn't say that. So, this would ultimately be becoming one with God in that nirvana(void) state, you yourself vanish in God's ALLoneness ). However, I think he wanted to say that we ourselves are just living in God's dream, God's consciousness is dreaming/imagining reality...and that we invent things as we go through time as if they were real, but ultimately they are just Maya. He gave an example of Datura, but I think it was more of a "what if that was true" and to make you question reality with an emotional impact (which is a very dangerous thing to say to ppl), thus questioning your life, but since a blind and deaf person cannot hallucinate on datura, this wouldn't be a good example to compare to reality, so it should be God dreming and creating reality and that we mistake what we see for 'reality'.

Edited by daramantus

@daramantus Everybody who had a high dose psychedelic breakthrough know what Leo talks about. Breakthrough of psychedelics really feels very solipsistic, like nothing exists outside of me. Yet I think taking that perspective as the only True one and rational sober mind as falsehood is not the way to go about it.

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk