cetus

Non-manifest

25 posts in this topic

It’s unfortunate to say, but spiritual seekers often do not genuinely want to wake up; they want to have an experience. One that fits into their spiritual schema, which of course is grounded in existence

That is true. Also, one could say that most spiritual seekers want¨to "wake up as a person" lol

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

Maybe true. But then again, what actually is a pure, genuine reason for waking up, does such a thing exist? If a person has enough of the suffering of the ego one might say that that seeker is just trying to run away from his problems.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Yea, be all you can be! lol I guess it's as good a place as any to start. Than the true work begins-(or thins the heard).

Ugghhhh @Pinocchio , this video actually managed to bring some sadness :D 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

That vid reminds me of when I was young. A bird was caught up in some fishing string way up in the top of a tree There was nothing I could do about it. I felt so badly.

Many people renounce the world because they can’t find a satisfactory place in it, and almost any spiritual teaching can be used to justify a pathological lack of ambition. For someone who has not yet succeeded at anything and who probably fears failure, a doctrine that criticizes the
search for worldly success can be very appealing.

To me, there was personal need - my mind is very active and speculating. So for first 23 years of my life, I've been lost in thought continually. When I discovered it - peace and rest from mental chatter was so wonderful, even if only for few minutes. 

Can't imagine that anyone would start spiritual teachings or any other activity without having some own's benefits from it.

Yes, often ppl look to fill a gap within themselves. Than they realize that gap is part of a larger illusion.

I have a question, Can nothingness be directly experienced within consciousness? Or do we at best indirectly experience nothingness. It seems to me that if it were true nothingness, it could not because than it would be something. Or maybe advanced spiritual beings can directly experience nothingness? But there would be nothing to be experienced. See my confusion?

So nothingness is perfectly empty consciousness. Pure self, or true self beyond all associations?

13 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

So nothingness is perfectly empty consciousness. Pure self, or true self beyond all associations?

...and everything in-between...up/down/left/right/you/them/yes/no.... LOL 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

The reason I am asking is because sometimes in deep meditation, I let myself dissolve completely and I disappear for a moment or so. I don't know where I went. I stopped existing.

1 minute ago, cetus56 said:

The reason I am asking is because sometimes in deep meditation, I let myself dissolve completely and I disappear for a moment or so. I don't know where I went. I stopped existing.

Whomever that "I" and that "myself" may be... :D 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

@ Ayla This conscious entity did not exist. lol

2 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@ Ayla This conscious entity did not exist. lol

O.o

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

I'm not asking questions anymore. Just waiting to be enlightened.

:P

I mean, I do self inquiry but not the questions to make some logic in my mind.

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16