Power

How To Let Go Like In Leo's Guided Meditation

13 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

So I recently watched Leo's video called "Guided Meditation - The next level of meditation" and I found it pretty amazing. In the video he says to let go of everything. Now it is sort of easy to do when I am listening to him telling me what to do but how would I do this on my own? When I try to "let go" isn't me trying to let go me not really letting go, if that makes any sense? For example, Leo says to let go of letting go. Maybe I am overthinking things but when I try to let go I find that I am so focused on trying to let go that I can't, and then eventually I lose track and go on long trains for though and it is really frustrating. Do I just continually keep telling my mind to let go when thoughts/sensations arise? Am I doing something wrong, or will it just become easier over time? I'm very new to meditation so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

11 hours ago, Power said:

Do I just continually keep telling my mind to let go when thoughts/sensations arise? Am I doing something wrong, or will it just become easier over time?

@Power With mindfulness practice it will get easier.  You say 'keep telling my mind'. That's a chore of the mind. Something that needs doing. Practice no- effort instead of effort. That's letting go.

I was contemplating this yesterday after observing the mind and all it's wanderings.  I wan't to stay present. But sooner or later the mind has run off like a stray dog. And I contemplate, what is this mind when it has taken me hostage? Than something breaks wide open and I see it clearly. Mind is illusory! It continues doing it's thing.  But the difference now is that there is an awareness of the of mind and it's illusory nature. 

So 'let go' and realize that your mind and all there is to it is an illusion. No practice. No doing of any kind. Just truly letting go without any effort.. ......................... Who is here to let go of anything?

@cetus56 does that mean that letting go is the the process of realizing that it's already going?

@Ilya More like realization that it was never really there in the first place. 'You' where never really there. 

@Ilya  The mind creates an avatar to navigate time and space. This shits a total trip when you see what's really happening. 

@Power The best way to understand it is to stay fully aware on the present moment. Just surrender to the Now. But don't order that to do to your mind just become aware that is already the case.  The video you have linked is one of the most powerful Leo's videos imho. It helped me a lot to learn how to enjoy my meditation process and I've reached some very powerful glimpses through it. Just use it every day and when the right time comes you will know that you are ready to do the surrendering without any guidance. 

@Power I haven't watched that video for a while but I watched it again up until 10:00. Yea, I slip right into what Leo is saying 'allowing yourself to become all of reality'. With effortless practice you to will eventually stumble upon what he is talking about. Than will you easily recognize it and know exactly where to return to. It is a state of no-knowing. All that remains is what is. Any separation is an illusion.

@Power you will get better with practice.  The more you practice the more you will understand.  All I can say to guide you is this:  Come back to the present.  If you are worried/confused/anxious about your meditation, then you are lost in thoughts.  There are no problems in the present moment. :) Keep practicing!

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

@Adam M Thanks. It's just really frustrating when I am trying to meditate and I realize ive been lost in thoughts for 5 minutes or so. It feels like I waste the little time I have for meditation when that happens.

@egoless Is it okay to use guided meditations everyday? Is it not "better" to learn how to meditate on my own?

6 hours ago, Power said:

@egoless Is it okay to use guided meditations everyday? Is it not "better" to learn how to meditate on my own?

As I said it is not only ok but it is actually very beneficial. When you are ready to do without you will know that.

I like to visualize I'm on a beach and a chest is sitting there in the sand. I pile in all my problems and worries, lock the chest and place it in the water. The push the chest into the water and watch it float far, far, away. Watch it float past the horizon.

@Power If you get lost in thoughts you are not "wasting time.". You can't really help it...don't beat yourself up over something you can't control. 

If you are lost in thoughts for 5 minutes...notice it, let it go including your frustration and judgements, and go back to the breath .

Yesterday I was meditating for 1 hour and I must have spent 30 minutes lost in thoughts....sometimes I sit down to meditate and I fall asleep!  But I don't judge, I just notice and go back to the breath.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<