How to be wise

How To Make Things Effortless In Your Life

15 posts in this topic

Leo once mentioned that it is possible to make your life flow, and be effortless. How does one achieve that? Is it just enlightenment? 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise stomach (diaphragm) breathing, and awareness (non judgment, non self relativity) - awareness only, pure awareness. Mindfulness of preferences and judgement, they are only relative to the self. When the ego self dies / is surrendered, all the bullshit goes with it, and then the flow just is. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

55 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Leo once mentioned that it is possible to make your life flow, and be effortless. How does one achieve that? Is it just enlightenment? 

Yep!

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

16 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Yep!

Have you attained it? 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

1 hour ago, How to be wise said:

Have you attained it? 

How to attain the now, it just is, my job is not to stray away from it in thought stories

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

@How to be wise The way to flow is authenticity, and in it's ultimate form, yes, it is the surrender of control and the self - enlightenment. Authenticity will kill you.

I am not enlightened and don't have the balls to work towards it, but I am becoming more and more authentic and less and less neurotically controlling. It results in more consciousness and less "selfishness". 

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

15 hours ago, Shiva said:

@How to be wise I'm not enlightened. But I am a very happy person and deeply enjoy my life.

Sometimes I get a little bit stressed or depressed here and there. But that's rare and temporary.

I noticed that the moments when my life doesn't feel easy are when I give too much importance to things which are not that important and I have problems with these things. A job is such a thing.

Whether I do job A or job B or if I get a promotion or not or if you score an A on that test or a C, it doesn't really matter. We're fine. We're more than fine.

Think about it: Given that you and I probably live in western countries, we are the most prosperous generation ever on this planet.

We have possibilities like never before, access to food, shelter, education, medicine, etc. All that is fantastic. Still suicide rates are peaking.

We have lost perspective!

If you're looking for a proper perspective: We are like a grain of sand in this existence. If you and I disappear tomorrow, everything in the universe will be going to be just fine. If this sinks into you deeply enough, how can you be so serious about life? If you just loosen the grip a little bit, life will feel effortless.

I don't think we're talking about the same kind of 'effortlessness'. What I mean is, how can you live your day without fighting with yourself, without rules, without beating yourself up to get something done, and how to maintain that flow state for the entire day. In other words, how do you make the day just 'happen naturally'. If it was that easy to attain, a lot more people would have it. But it's extremely rare, even among enlightened people. 

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

@How to be wise

No, we're talking about the same thing. But don't underestimate the power of perspective. 

Perspective can really make the difference between living life at ease, effortlessly and enjoying every moment of it and being stressed and miserable on a daily basis.

It's is not easy at all. 

Most of the resistance you feel in your life doesn't happen consciously, but subconsciously, which is why you are not aware of them. I'm not underestimating your achievements. If you say that your life feels like a flow, that's a great thing you got there. But not what I'm looking for. I know for a fact that enlightenment is required for this. Since you are not enlightened, we are not talking about the same thing. 

34 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Most of the resistance you feel in your life doesn't happen consciously, but subconsciously, which is why you are not aware of them. I'm not underestimating your achievements. If you say that your life feels like a flow, that's a great thing you got there. But not what I'm looking for. I know for a fact that enlightenment is required for this. Since you are not enlightened, we are not talking about the same thing. 

There is no him to be enlightened the story of a "him" is made of thought, "I am content" 

How do we know thought is not real? It is in time. How do we know time is not real? We don't, but we also dont have evidence if it apart from mind. All we have is this moment in reality and when I say this moment I mean now.

Now is empty of all content. The content is made out of mind, because it has a beginning,  it changes and has an end.

The now empty of all content is the only true reality and the only true self one can be. 

So even talking about an illusory content being enlightened is to believe that the content has any reality at all apart from being a projection on the screen of Now.

Mind is in time

Time is in mind

They give each other validity and appearant reality.

Edited by Dodo

Sadhguru in his book Inner Engineering says:

[Intensity of Activity] 

Logically, somebody who never put effort into anything should be the master of effortlessness. But it is not so. If you want to know effortlessness, you need to know effort. When you reach the peak of effort, you become effortless. Only a person who knows what it is to work understands rest. Paradoxically, those who are always resting know no rest; they only sink into dullness and lethargy. This is the way of life. For the Russian ballet dancer Nijinsky, his entire life was dance. There were moments when he would leap to heights that seemed humanly impossible. Even if one’s muscles are at peak performance, there is still a limit to how high one can jump. But in some moments he would seem to transcend even that limit. People often asked him, “How do you manage this?” He said, “There is no way I can ever do it. When Nijinsky is not there, only then it happens.” When someone is constantly giving a hundred percent, a point comes when one surpasses all limits and reaches total effortlessness. Effortlessness does not mean becoming a couch potato. It means transcending the need for physical action. Only when you are able to stretch to your utmost and sustain the peak of effort do you reach this. There are some people nowadays, who declare that they would like to opt for Zen as a spiritual path because they think it means doing nothing! In fact, Zen involves tremendous activity because it is not divorced from life in any way. For example, a Zen monk may take weeks to simply arrange pebbles in a Zen garden. In performing such activity, you reach a state of non-doing, where you transcend the experience of being a doer. It is in such states that you have a taste of the beyond. If you achieve such states through intense activity, as Nijinsky and many others have, those moments will always be cherished as magical. But if you arrive at the same state through the intensity of inactivity, then it is a yogic posture, and it is a state that can be sustained longer. The very essence of dhyana, or meditativeness, is that you push yourself to the highest possible intensity where, after some time, there is no effort. Now meditation will not be an act, but a natural consequence of the intensity that has been achieved. You can simply be. It is in these absolutely non-compulsive states of existence that the necessary atmosphere is set for the blossoming of an individual into a cosmic possibility. If we, as societies and individuals, continue to allow every moment to pass by without setting the atmosphere for such a flowering, we have squandered a tremendous possibility. There is so much infantile talk about heaven and its pleasures only because the immensity of being human has not been explored. If your humanity overflows, divinity will follow and serve you. It has no other choice.

Any other tips or referrals will be appreciated. 

19 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Any other tips or referrals will be appreciated. 

For me look no further than the combination of Eckhart Tolle and Rupert Spira teachings. Together with any other ofcourse just look for where they intersect and your life becomes homogenous. Even the opposites will be homogenous. 

Also sprinkle some Mooji meditations I really like how he guides to effortlessness in the now 

Edited by Dodo

@How to be wise This is probably a wrong mindset to be having. Watch leos video on Number one Rule for Acing Life. But i get what your saying tho and i think the advice that he gave was delagating your subconscious mind to do all the heavy lifting. We all have limited will power. Once a habit becomes subconscious not much will power is need to keep that habit alive. 

Correct me if im wrong tho. 

Real eyes, realize, real lies.

@How to be wise Most people experience the flow state to various degree. Don't you play an instrument or play video games?

If there is no resistance to what is then it becomes effortless. The question is how to remove resistance? Isn't that resistance to resstance?

8 hours ago, sweater said:

@How to be wise This is probably a wrong mindset to be having. Watch leos video on Number one Rule for Acing Life. But i get what your saying tho and i think the advice that he gave was delagating your subconscious mind to do all the heavy lifting. We all have limited will power. Once a habit becomes subconscious not much will power is need to keep that habit alive. 

Correct me if im wrong tho. 

I'm not talking about just the habit being a flow, I'm talking about living your whole day in a flow. Everything in the day, even if something you don't like happens.