Viking

How Did U Discover The Spiritual Path And What Made You Believe That There Is Something More To Reality?

25 posts in this topic

I was into videogames, then i started watching youtube videos of said videogames, then i started listening to a podcast from one of said youtubers, then I got into podcasts and started really liking Joe Rogan's podcast where he'd talk about psychedelics and simulation theory which led me to my first ever truly deep thought. "What if reality isn't as real as I thought previously?" I continued to listen to his podcasts and he eventually had Jason Silva on and he talked about Buddhism a bit. I wasn't religious at the time but had been looking for an ideology that I can identify with. I don't remember specifically what led me to meditation and enlightenment after that but I do remember Duncan Trussell playing and important role in my journey and I also remember that Leo is the one who introduced me to meditation and personal development. 

I was actually so clueless about Buddhism at first that I was looking for a "Buddhist Bible" I couldn't find one so I settled on an app that was just a bunch of short quotes from the Buddha that you could scroll through. I don't consider myself Buddhist but I do remember enjoying that app a lot. 

Through Leo's videos. Slowly but surely I trusted this man's sincerity and intellectual possibilities. Leo seemed similar to me - I saw in his eyes that Truth the only thing he is looking for. Then I worked all this through my unforgivable logic and there we go. It withstood trial by my logic and here I am.

Edited by egoless

8 hours ago, Max_V said:

@Atic That you have not been provided that something that everyone seems to have

Agreed.

Did some experimenting with psychedelics some 4 years back after hearing about ego-death. Summer 2016 I smokes DMT and couldn't explain what happened through words and nobody I knew or who would listen could even grasp what I was saying. After some Google searching and grasping at straws I found Leo and joined the forum!