Craig F

If We Are One Why Do We Experience Separatly

5 posts in this topic

I've been doing self inquiry a lot. I've had some incredible enlightenment experiences and felt like pure awareness. Incredible and magnificent. But this question keeps popping up in my logical mind. Since I am this pure awareness and not this body; why then when I become enlightened am I only aware of this body's perspective? Why do I not become aware of the perspectives around me? The best I can come up with is because the perspective I am aware of is simply an illusion therefore rendering the other perspectives around me an illusion. But this would mean I am the only one who is aware of a body. I understand the logical mind cannot comprehend these things and it's really hard to even ask an accurate question referring to my experiences but I just wanted to get some opinions from you guys on the subject. Thanks.

A lot of the assumptions that emerge from transcended expiriences can be explained with basic psychology and brain function understanding. When you hear people claiming that they are the universe, the claim and the expirience is completely predictable, and could have been predicted without anyone ever having had an expirience like that. When you see an apple falling down a tree you will not argue that it was you that made the apple fall down, but you will probably argue that it was gravity. The same goes with claims like "I am everything", or pretty much any claim whatsoever about "reality". When people lose the sense of self, the simplest explanation is that their brain stopped restricting the feeling of self to a specific brain process and instead let if spread over the wholistic expirience within consciousness. 

From that newly aquired perspective, the subject will feel like it is everything the subject is expiriencing. When the brain simulates another person within it's reality, the person will be included in the simulated self. This is what most people who expirience the divine basicly are going through.

The mystery of consciousness though is a completely different game. It has nothing to do with reality, because reality seems to be illusiory. It's not just that the self is illusion, even what is left after the self has been eliminited is illusion. Truth itself is illusion. Any claim whatsoever is nothing more than a claim. Understanding anything is nothing more than understanding. It's literally just exactly what it is. This is so difficult to understand because there is nothing to understand. Everything everyone is saying is basicly bullshit, and even that would be a stretch. 

"Expirience" is not conceptual, but thought is entirely conceptual. They have nothing to do with each other. You have to see the limit, and once you see it, you'll probably see that talking about enlightenment and claiming truths about reality is nonsensical, because there is no reality, and there is no truth. They are concepts.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

2 hours ago, Craig F said:

I've been doing self inquiry a lot. I've had some incredible enlightenment experiences and felt like pure awareness. Incredible and magnificent. But this question keeps popping up in my logical mind. Since I am this pure awareness and not this body; why then when I become enlightened am I only aware of this body's perspective? Why do I not become aware of the perspectives around me? The best I can come up with is because the perspective I am aware of is simply an illusion therefore rendering the other perspectives around me an illusion. But this would mean I am the only one who is aware of a body. I understand the logical mind cannot comprehend these things and it's really hard to even ask an accurate question referring to my experiences but I just wanted to get some opinions from you guys on the subject. Thanks.

Let me contemplate a bit. These are my thoughts and I don't claim it's true, but makes sense in my own mind. You wanted an intellectual answer anyway so don't be surprised if it's complete bs ?

Perhaps because there is no you to be aware of them and no "their perspective", because there is no them either.

There is also no you to be aware of "your" experience,  there's just what's happening, with no-one that it's happening to. It's a who's experience,  but objectively, not subjectively. You are no longer a subject when you see that the who's experience,  the I, is simply an experience happening to nobody and therefore that nobody is God, the creator. It's not you with your limited name and form. We are all but avatars of the supreme nothingness. 

Hallucination is the lower self, nothingness is the higher self. And you are both and neither.

Is no-one big or small? It can be seen as nothing or as everything,  since everyone's true nature is that they are no-one, so every who's or subjective experience is happening in no-one or nothing or emptiness.

Is your experience in space and time? What does space and time exist in? If it's in something, what does that something exist in? Could there be a separate "I" beyond space and time? For separation you need the illusion of Space and time which in term produces separate subjective experiences

What we are left with now is just the illusion of a subject made out of matter (the body) or the more advanced, but still illusory - a subject made out of mind. A subject that exists subtly. This is where we most are.

The true Self alone doesn't have a subjective experience, because it is all that is, it can only be.

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

@Craig F you are seeing through the illusion of self.   Then you’re asking what about selfs. There are no other selfs, or a your self. The veil is really a miracle within a miracle. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE