doronshadmi

Mathematics As A Tool For Unity Consciousness

10 posts in this topic

As I understand it, useful science (whether it is abstract or non-abstract) is actually done by achieving results that can be tested and used beyond some particular observation.

It means that the observation is not-one-of-many observation, which naturally can be used as the substance of any one-of-many observation (not-one-of-many observation AND one-of-many observation will be explained later by using the model of Möbius strip).

I find Mathematics as one of the most powerful tools that enable to develop the natural linkage among not-one-of-many observation AND one-of-many observation.

In my opinion, in order to actually be such a tool, mathematicians can't partially use their own brain during mathematical activity.

As I understand it, for the past 150 years almost every mathematical work has to be translated into verbal-symbolic form in order to be accepted as a valid mathematical work.

As I understand it, both visual_spatial AND verbal_symbolic brain skills have to be used during mathematical activity, where mathematical results are accepted as the association among both visual_spatial AND verbal_symbolic brain skills.

For example, let's use both visual_spatial AND verbal_symbolic brain skills in order to define the natural linkage among not-one-of-many observation AND one-of-many observation.

The minimal amount of many things is two things (that may be taken step-by-step).

Question: What enables the knowledge that there are two things, in the first place?

By using almost only verbal_symbolic brain skills, this question is not asked at the basis of fundamental mathematical concept like Set, where {5,pi} is some example (without loss of generality) of two things (the outer "{" and "}" is not mathematically defined).

So, by Modern Mathematics (which is (as I observe it) currently mostly verbal_symbolic_only framework) the ability to gather at least two things is too obviously done.

A simple visual_spatial AND verbal_symbolic tool, which naturally enables to answer to this question (by also define the outer "{" and "}" as an essential thing of fundamental mathematical concept like Set), is Möbius strip:

7381415562_770125d33a_d.jpg

By locally observe it, it has two edges (represented here by brown color), where each edge is one-of-many thing.

This observation is actually possible because also global observation is done, which provides the knowledge that there is one edge along the Möbius strip (which is not-one-of-many thing) where this knowledge is represented by the outer "{" and "}" (which is not any one-of-many things between them).

The visual_spatial knowledge of not-one-of-many thing (represented here by one edge along the Möbius strip), which is also represented by the outer "{" and "}", actually enables to gather one-of-many things like 5,pi into a set (for example: {5,pi}).

So, fundamental mathematical concept like Set is not rigorously defined, unless both visual_spatial AND verbal_symbolic brain skills are used.

You may ask: "What, for example, about {{}}? Is the one object between the the outer "{" and "}" defined as not-one-of-many thing or as one-of-many thing?"

My answer: It is one-of-many thing, since it is locally observed with respect to the outer "{" and "}", which is the global observation, where the global can't be its own member.  

As I get it, the model of Möbius strip demonstrates the linkage among being aware of one thing at once (the visual_spatial brain skill) as the substance of being aware of multiple things step-by-step (the verbal_symbolic brain skill).

Moreover, this awareness (may be known also as Unity consciousness) is exactly the core of useful scientific work, which actually achieving results that can be tested and used beyond some particular observation.

Furthermore, the observed, the observer and the tool of observation are actually one thing, which is not the sum of its expressions, and as a fundamental result we get non-entropic realm, which is essentially open to new expressions (infinitely many things can't be defined by a fixed limit, fixed cardinality, etc., as usually done by the current main stream of Modern Mathematics).

Generally, by this notion one's awareness is fully activated only by simultaneously using his\her visual_spatial AND verbal_symbolic brain skills.

As I understand it ,without it, no actual scientific progression is possible.

I do not think that mathematical work that is done by using only verbal_symbolic brain skills (where visual_spatial brain skills are used only as tools for demonstration, and not as fundamental entities of mathematical work) enables to actually gather the observed, the observer and the tool of observation into Unity consciousness.

Moreover, in my opinion, the challenge is to develop natural Unity consciousness among us as human beings directly within our biological systems, instead of seeking after our external agents in terms of Artificial Intelligence.

Uncertainty by this notion, is exactly the field of creativity for any brain that enables to define the linkage among Simplicity and Complexity in daily life (where the simple is not the trivial and the complex is not the complicated, such that the wrong pair is trivial_complicated and the right pair is simple_complex).

------------------------

According to some latest scientific researches (for example: [1],[2],[3],[4],[5],[6]) visual_spatial AND verbal_symbolic brain skills are activated during mathematical work.

I wish to share with you some model (some analogy based on visual_spatial AND verbal_symbolic brain skills) that demonstrates the linkage between Logic and Physics.

The following scheme

15309487328_d8023ed9f0_b.jpg

illustrates the possible associations between Bose-Einstein statistics (even function) and Fermi-Dirac statistics (odd function) and the mathematical concepts of contradiction (expressed as sine-like wave) and tautology (expressed as cosine-like wave).

By this model contradiction is the separator among universes, where each universe has its own tautology (its own natural constants and, so called, the laws of nature).

The simplest form in this model is illustrated by non-composed endless straight line, which is essentially not the sum of its vibrations simply because being non-composed endless straight line is independent of its sine-like/cosine-like vibrations, yet they are depend on it.

This asymmetry of dependency defines a non-entropic realm since no amount of vibrations is the non-composed line in itself.

Being aware of the non-composed line during its vibrations, is actually Unity consciousness that is, in my opinion, the ultimate goal of life phenomena, that has no limits to its developed expressions, exactly because no amount of vibrations is the non-composed line in itself.

By not being limited by contradiction and tautology, life phenomena is beyond AND among the expressed universes, such that they become harmonious organs of an organism, which is ever developed exactly because no organ harms the developments of the other organs, since the development is naturally derived from cross-universes' source, which is their cause.

From this notion, Mathematics is a fulfilled tool only if it supports the development of Unity consciousness among the expressed universes, such that they become ever developed organs of one harmonious self aware realm.

As I see it, Contemporary Mathematics that defines collections of infinitely many members by using fixed sizes like |N|, |R|, or defines the sum of infinitely many numbers, or multiplication of infinitely many (0,1] members by a single finite result, blocks the ever developed nature of multiplicity and the direct awareness of Unity as the cause of multiplicity, which can't express the full potential of Unity, since, unlike Unity, multiplicity is limited by contradiction and tautology.

I wish to clarify something.

Given a non-composed endless straight line and a point not on that line, there are endless larger non-composed circles that are smaller than that line, and there are endless smaller non-composed circles that are larger than that point.

Yet pi is a proportion among the endless larger and the endless smaller non-composed circles.

So a fixed value can be related to infinitely many things as long as it is not used to define their amount, their sum or any other fixed value that contradicts their property of being endless larger or endless smaller things.

For more details, please search for Nicholas of Cusa.

Here is an example of a mathematical work that is done by using visual_spatial AND verbal_symbolic brain skills:

Please observe the following diagram:

4430320710_686e9e991b.jpg

In that diagram the constant non-composed orange figure (straight or bent) is equivalent to the outer "{" and "}" of what is defined as set.

The empty set {} is equivalent to the straight orange figure, which has no bending.

A member is some bend among the constant orange figure, which does not change it into a composed figure, since no point on the orange figure is composed.

By using visual_spatial AND verbal_symbolic brain skills in case of the given diagram, the notion of constant non-composed orange figure among any amount of bent figures, is given by the set {{}//4^1, {}//4^2, {}//4^3, ...}, which is obviously bijective with set {1, 2, 3, ...}, where {}//4^n expression means that {} is a constant non-composed figure under any amount of bending.

Another way to spatially AND verbally define the outer "{" and "}" in case of the considered diagram is {{}//4^1, {}//4^2, {}//4^3, ...}//4^0 (the straight figure is not one of its members).

Since {} is non-composed, whether it is straight or bent, no amount of its non-composed figures defines it as a composed figure, therefore it is not the sum of the convergent projected 2(a+b+c+d+...) among it, which is equivalent to the inaccessibility of 1,2,3,... to the outer "{" and "}" in {1, 2, 3, ...}, known as the set of natural numbers.

The inaccessibility of 1,2,3,... to the outer "{" and "}" prevents the definition of fixed size like ℵ0 to an infinite amount of members between the outer "{" and "}", and such understanding is available only by using visual_spatial AND verbal_symbolic brain skills.

Actually, by using visual_spatial AND verbal_symbolic brain skills one understands the linkage between the inability to define the constant non-composed X>0 by the convergent series 2(a+b+c+d+...) AND the inability to define the amount of set {1, 2, 3, ...} by a fixed value like 0.

This inability is exactly the non-entropic realm, which has no limits for further development of its expressions, because no amount of expressions is the non-composed.

As I see it, Mathematics is actually fulfilled in case that (by using visual_spatial AND verbal_symbolic brain skills) it also goes beyond contradiction and tautology, and enables one to directly be aware of Unity as their cause (or in terms of Physics, it enables one to directly be aware of Unity as the cause of Bose-Einstein statistics (even function) and Fermi-Dirac statistics (odd function)).

Direct awareness of Unity is not achieved at the realm of thoughts process, which is closed under multiplicity.

As I get it, one enables to transcend multiplicity by being aware of finer vibrations' levels of thoughts' process without being restricted to their semantics (they are taken only in terms of different levels of vibrations)) which enables quantum leap (finite step) into the non-composed source of multiplicity and quantum leap back to multiplicity.

More such bidirectional quantum leaps are exercised in one's brain, more one's brain enables the awareness of Unity as the source of multiplicity during daily life.

In my opinion, Mathematical science has to deeply be involved in such exercises in order to really be fulfilled, where reasoning at the level of thoughts (which is restricted by contradiction and tautology, like any multiple phenomena) as currently done by Contemporary Mathematics, can't fulfill the actual abilities of this science among human beings.

------------------------------------------

[1] https://software.rc.fas.harvard.edu/lds/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/dehaene1999.pdf

[2] https://www.youcubed.org/think-it-up/visual-math-improves-math-performance/

[3] http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article/file?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0148981&type=printable

[4] https://www.omicsgroup.org/journals/seeing-as-understanding-the-importance-of-visual-mathematics-for-our-brain-and-learning-2168-9679-1000325.php?aid=80807

[5] http://bernhard-hommel.eu/Effectiveness%20of%20visual%20and%20verbal%20prompts.pdf

[6] http://www.mitpressjournals.org/doi/abs/10.1162/089892903321107819#.WMfarIVOIeF

Edited by doronshadmi

Do you mean that reality is motivated by becoming self-aware that it is oneness? Is that what keeps it going?

@Monkey-man I mean that the same sea is both calm (absolute) any wavy (relative), where the non-duality of being the same sea, enables its calm (absolute) aspect to be the common source of finitely or infinitely many wavy (relative) fresh (new, original) phenomena, which are created (expressed) from the calm (absolute) aspect and developed into WIN WIN (harmonious) complex phenomena, in terms of superconductivity (zero entropy).

More details can be found in these posts:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/15261-struggling-to-understand-evil/?do=findComment&comment=155439

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/15261-struggling-to-understand-evil/?do=findComment&comment=155544

Edited by doronshadmi

It's pretty tough to read because of the mathematical terms but I think I understand what you mean.

Mathematics is the language to define "things" or "number", or as to say create a dualistic framework from non-duality. How do the many arise from the one? Mathematics to me is in the mind, it is a construct of labels and values and it creates!

When I see a painting on the wall it is just one painting, but then my brain begins to distinguish "things" and apply "number/value" to them. So that single painting becomes fragmented into many things, it's not a painting it's actually different strokes of paint each with different color, reflective, texture, etc. We created math to explain how the mind goes from A to B, from the one to the many and how it transforms.

Geometry to me is the origin where mathematics is derived from, because it is based on relation/relativity of points, but before we apply any values to it it just IS, geometry exists without number. Once begin to measure it we begin to define it's reality to a fixed state, which is only in the mind.

Same applies to quantum mechanics, when you measure something, you start to define it and collapse it into a specific state. Whereas letting it exist, as pure geometry or being, will keep it in a superposition or in non-duality (pure potential/oneness).

Mathematics is our tool to measure and brings logic and solidity to our world, it collapses the superposition of oneness into the many, the number, the separated, distinction, concept of mind. Mathematics is far more mysterious than you can imagine, it creates our reality :)

On 11/22/2017 at 9:13 PM, Principium Nexus said:

@doronshadmi I love to talk more about it :)

An old discussion of mine on the considered subject can be found here.

Some of its details may help to understand the way of how my investigation is developed.   

For example, unlike the analogy of "{" and "}" it terms of Unity (as done in the link above), currently "{" and "}" represents tautology and the emptiness between "{" and "}" represents contradiction.

So Unity (the non-dual) is thing among NOthing (contradiction) and YESthing (tautology), which is not limited by its opposite expressions, nor by its members (the intermediate terms between NOthing and YESthing) represented as SOMEthing and EVERYthing. By directly (without any agent) know thing, one is Unity consciousness (enlightenment is actual in daily life, which is naturally expressed as an ever developed harmoniums phenomena in terms of superconductivity). Without Unity consciousness no universe is developed in terms of superconductivity (any two given phenomena may block each other development, instead of supporting each other development). So as I get it, Life is exactly the path of a given universe into enlightenment, where death is a temporary phenomena that completely disappears in an actual enlighten universe. 

Currently and in the past, Life phenomena in our universe is still under construction into actual daily life enlightenment, and this process must not be done by agents (for example psychedelic drugs) that do not have the needed natural genteelness for an actual profound AND balanced development into an actual enlighten universe. 

Infinite refinement is the clear signature of an actual enlighten universe. 

Edited by doronshadmi

Math is only a tool amongst tools, not the essence of anything.  This is a deep truth that took me a long time to fully grok.

On 11/27/2017 at 1:56 AM, Joseph Maynor said:

Math is only a tool amongst tools, not the essence of anything.  This is a deep truth that took me a long time to fully grok.

The proposed use of the considered tool also goes beyond its boundaries, such that it becomes a linkage among simplicity (the absolute (the calm aspect)) and complexity (the relative (the  wavy aspect)) of the same sea.

Edited by doronshadmi

I'm commenting on this in attempt to "revive" this amazing thread by OP @doronshadmi

i personally don't have much to say except i think as abstract as math is it's still dream stuff, but a higher quality dream stuff?!

maybe watch this video and let's talk about it. Mathematics is very very amazing.

Is consciousness dreaming math? is math the structure of this dream? i want to hear your opinions on this

Edited by StateOfMind
added a video