CruellerSloth

How To Combine Spirituality And Business (for A Total Noob)

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

Just so you guys know whats going on: I was never into making money/entrepreneurship/business. But around 2 months ago I recognized if I want to live my dreams I have to change that, so I figured the best way would be to start an online business for passive income.

Even though I never thought something like that would be an option for me I am now trying my best in Kindle Publishing. (btw if anyone here has experience with that, please let me know!)

But I am sometimes asking myself if I am doing the right thing. I told nobody, neither my family or friends, that I am doing this. It feels strange, but I know I would not stick to it if I told everyone.

Now here's my question: Can you combine spirituality and business? I am meditating and working on myself everyday, personal development started for me around 1,5 years ago and I am really sticking to it because it changed my life.

I constantly hear people around me saying that doing business/making money is bad and entrepreneurs are heartless, you get the idea. I was one of those people not too long ago.

Do I just have to attune my brain to this new thing in my life so it feels more normal (you guys have recommendations for books)?

I hope you understand what I am talking about here, it is a little hard for me to explain it, but I would really appreciate some advice!

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Max

On 23/10/2017 at 2:01 AM, CruellerSloth said:

Now here's my question: Can you combine spirituality and business?

Yes, but you got to get creative. 

Let's say, for example, you make fortune cookies for a living. Inside the fortune cookies, you may put a profound quote or saying like this,

"Observe, the present moment: you feel busy & just moved into your new home. You see 10 boxes to unpack in front of you. Thoughts are pouring down on you like rain. Now, let go of all your thoughts. Rid your ego for a moment of unwanted thoughts and emotions. Breath deeply a few times, and unpack one of the boxes. That's all. Relax. One step at a time."

Something like this.

If you are working on Kindle, think for a moment, how are you going to approach this?

What themes are you planing to research/write about?

Edited by Wind

19 hours ago, Key Elements said:

If you are working on Kindle, think for a moment, how are you going to approach this?

15 hours ago, Wind said:

What themes are you planing to research/write about?

I published one book on the topic of CBD Oil, and I am about to launch another one on the topic of Procrastination. I really just want to publish books in topics that interest me. I guess that makes the whole thing alot easier.

Nonetheless I have this weird feeling when I am working on this thing. I got my first natural sales yesterday, but I didn't tell anyone. No one of my peers would understand... They would demotivate me. My family too.

47 minutes ago, CruellerSloth said:

I published one book on the topic of CBD Oil, and I am about to launch another one on the topic of Procrastination. I really just want to publish books in topics that interest me. I guess that makes the whole thing alot easier.

To me, publishing books that you think would be of value for other people sounds like a great idea! Why would you be afraid it might interfere with your spirituality?

47 minutes ago, CruellerSloth said:

Nonetheless I have this weird feeling when I am working on this thing. I got my first natural sales yesterday, but I didn't tell anyone. No one of my peers would understand... They would demotivate me. My family too.

I feel you. I also wanna try out some things that I don't wanna tell anybody about, at least not before I find that I can make them work to some degree. It seems sensible to me to keep an idea silent for a while, especially when it's a rather idiosyncratic one that would be regarded as strange by your current social environment.

I want to recommend a book (its all about the business side of things)

How to get lots of money for anything fast, by Stuart Lichtman. Search up for PDF on google, and you'll find it.

Don't get me wrong, judging by the title, you might say "Show me the money, and ill read the book", but im reading it, and I find it legit.

I am also on the path of entrepreneurship combined with spirituality and self-development, but this book really helps me carry on with the money making.

At first, I thought that combining a business lifestyle with spirituality would disturb my visions, and get me lost and guilty, but I managed to find a way for meditation to benefit entrepreneurship, and to include the spirituality in the visualization as well. It's perfectly fine to think this way, it takes only some time to settle in. But please keep your habits, only time will tell.

Edited by Igor82

@CruellerSloth What impact do you want to have on people? What value do you want to give them?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 8.11.2017 at 4:08 AM, Leo Gura said:

@CruellerSloth What impact do you want to have on people? What value do you want to give them?

I only want to publish high quality books with a lot of value, that's just something I commited to from the beginning on.

Actually I really want to help people with their problems, but this is something I just recognized now when I was already into it. Some people read my first book and reached out to me and asked me for more specific advice, and that just feels great!

I still have this weird feeling when I learn about terms like "conversion rate" and "lead magnets", but I think I am on the right way! 

Crueller Sloth, I think the idea you have is a wonderful one, and I think that business and spirituality are a beautiful combination.  Personally I don't see anything wrong with business or money, it's just that for a lot of people it becomes the only thing that matters and money is often made in an unethical way, damaging either people or the planet (or both).

But ethical business is a great thing, I think.  You're making an income out of something that helps other people.  You might be able to employ others in the future and run a really healthy company, instead of so many that work their employees into the ground and don't take care of them.  And the money you make can help other people as well, because you can spend with ethical traders (where possible).  And so it goes on - positive circles :)  I think it sounds great and I wish you the very best of luck with it :)

@CruellerSloth As Sadhguru says, "All business is the business of growing human consciousness." (paraphrasing)

The only question is, how consciously do you want to do it?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 15.11.2017 at 6:19 AM, Leo Gura said:

@CruellerSloth As Sadhguru says, "All business is the business of growing human consciousness." (paraphrasing)

The only question is, how consciously do you want to do it?

So I was thinking about this for a while. Your newest video definitely helped me a lot with this "problem".

And now I think I made a problem out of nothing. The business I started is something I totally stand behind with all my values. I am not selling poison to people (just to use the words of your latest content hehe).

Anyhow I have another problem with all of this (maybe this one also turns out not to be a problem, we will see), but I will post about that in a new topic.