Is Absolute Skepticism Reliable?

17 posts in this topic

Or are there still underlying assumptions never to be transcended? Or is reality just so epic that it merely trumps skepticism?

See, already you don't even know if you can rely on skepticism.

So where does that leave you?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 22.10.2017 at 5:28 PM, Leo Gura said:

See, already you don't even know if you can rely on skepticism.

So where does that leave you?

it may bring you everywhere leo, and that is the thing we are all after.. 

or, should we think that you have the absolute answer or reason ;) 

@Imnotsure I wasn't saying I have the absolute answer. I was saying just the opposite.

46 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Imnotsure I wasn't saying I have the absolute answer. I was saying just the opposite.

Leo in your newest video about mindfuck you speak how open we should be to any possibility of infinite mindfuck from reality. Do you know any Enlightened person who realized that Enlightenment is another BS? What would you do if you at some point discover that Enlightenment was false? And there is another Truth beyond it

I think for any question you can frame, you already need assumptions. This is the strange thing about skepticism, it seems like just to be skeptical you already need to buy into a lie that you cannot even question, because the question itself is part of the lie.

Glory to Israel

@Scholar

1 hour ago, Scholar said:

I think for any question you can frame, you already need assumptions. This is the strange thing about skepticism, it seems like just to be skeptical you already need to buy into a lie that you cannot even question, because the question itself is part of the lie.

CE42462C-8211-4F93-8735-4C2595121E78.gif

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

15 hours ago, egoless said:

Leo in your newest video about mindfuck you speak how open we should be to any possibility of infinite mindfuck from reality. Do you know any Enlightened person who realized that Enlightenment is another BS? What would you do if you at some point discover that Enlightenment was false? And there is another Truth beyond it

That would a cool discovery for me.

Just another mindfuck in a sea of mindfucks. I like getting my reality overturned.

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That would a cool discovery for me.

Just another mindfuck in a sea of mindfucks. I like getting my reality overturned.

If Enlightenment turns into another mindfuck do you have a plan B? What is another alternative possibility of the Truth you are currently contemplating about? 

What does being skeptic about everything leave you with? Not much. It has a good repetition in the western world, but it doesn't make a low-minded person open-minded, what a person really needs in his path is true faith. Absolute Skepticism is destruction.

16 hours ago, Highest said:

What does being skeptic about everything leave you with? Not much. It has a good repetition in the western world, but it doesn't make a low-minded person open-minded, what a person really needs in his path is true faith. Absolute Skepticism is destruction.

Hmm, not entirely sure I agree.  Absolutely yes open-mindedness (and extreme open-mindedness at that) is essential if you want to progress on this journey.  But you also need to be very skeptical of everything you encounter, so that you don't allow emotional reactivity or mental comfort/familiarity to throw you down a dead-end.  There's a lot of complete crap out there and if one was completely open-minded to everything, they'd never get anywhere as they constantly spun their wheels in an endless and contradictory mess of hogwash.

So you need both.  You need to be extremely open-minded to allow yourself to consider, explore, and play with things you have never encountered before and not dismiss out-of-hand; you also need extreme skepticism so that you keep questioning everything you encounter to ensure its validity.  You cannot trust what someone else says, ever.  You have to verify it for yourself.

1 hour ago, Telepresent said:

Hmm, not entirely sure I agree.  Absolutely yes open-mindedness (and extreme open-mindedness at that) is essential if you want to progress on this journey.  But you also need to be very skeptical of everything you encounter, so that you don't allow emotional reactivity or mental comfort/familiarity to throw you down a dead-end.  There's a lot of complete crap out there and if one was completely open-minded to everything, they'd never get anywhere as they constantly spun their wheels in an endless and contradictory mess of hogwash.

So you need both.  You need to be extremely open-minded to allow yourself to consider, explore, and play with things you have never encountered before and not dismiss out-of-hand; you also need extreme skepticism so that you keep questioning everything you encounter to ensure its validity.  You cannot trust what someone else says, ever.  You have to verify it for yourself.

How do you verify it by yourself? By logic or rationalism? This is about direct experience, it's about directly knowing, you either get it or not. And in order to get it you need to first be open-minded, not questioning it but actually doing it yourself and see where it get's you, which is what spirituality is about. Absolute skepticism may suit well with beliefs, conceptual ideas, stuff like that - but not in true sincere spirituality, you will need open-mindedness and faith in order to progress. 

6 hours ago, Highest said:

How do you verify it by yourself? By logic or rationalism? This is about direct experience, it's about directly knowing, you either get it or not. And in order to get it you need to first be open-minded, not questioning it but actually doing it yourself and see where it get's you, which is what spirituality is about. Absolute skepticism may suit well with beliefs, conceptual ideas, stuff like that - but not in true sincere spirituality, you will need open-mindedness and faith in order to progress. 

I entirely agree it's about direct experience. All I mean is that I see people taking on ideas*, believing in them, and heavily defending them even if they never have a direct experience which confirms or (or worse, direct experiences which contradict the beliefs but they make excuses for them).  Faith is great, but blind faith is not. If you cannot PERSONALLY verify though direct experience, or real honest enquiry contradicts what you want to believe, you're also not going to get anywhere. 

That's what I mean by scepticism. It doesn't mean just going "no no no" to everything, it doesn't mean closing down to possibilities, it means being discerning in how you relate to what comes to you when your mind is open. 

Also, just to be clear, I'm not taking about the scepticism you see atheist YouTubers priding themselves in. They are extremely dogmatic and won't apply scepticism to their own dogma. I'm talking about discernment based on personal investigation and experience.

*(I also want to point out here that there are many, many ideas around spirituality which may not be accurate. That's the point. Take on an inaccurate belief because you have been undiscerningly open minded, and where does that get you?)

Edited by Telepresent

On 10/25/2017 at 9:35 AM, egoless said:

If Enlightenment turns into another mindfuck do you have a plan B? What is another alternative possibility of the Truth you are currently contemplating about? 

Your question will be laid to waste once you experience Absolute Infinity.

It's Absolute! Like... really!

If you were using skepticism to answer this the reply would be. "There is know way to know for sure !"

Edited by Source_Mystic

I no longer advocate, participate, condone, or support  actualized.org or Leo Gura in anyway. The reasons are left in the few post I left behind. 

It's becoming Absolute Infinity. You are it.