Alexo45

Confused About Self-development As A Whole

23 posts in this topic

On 10/25/2017 at 10:42 PM, Leo Gura said:

@smd You have no idea what you're missing. You're speaking about nonduality or 5-MeO as if it's a fad diet or a new TV show.

It's not easy, but nothing life-transforming will be easy.

"Looking into Zen" isn't Zen. Sit down and start doing some serious self-inquiry and go do some serious meditation retreats.

If you ever try 5-MeO you will realize it is the single most important human discovery in history.

Well, I do recall you saying in one of your videos about the irritations that can come from meditating in the long term.  I had a septoplasty at the start of this year. The whole point was to breathe better so that I could meditate better.  I can breathe really deep now & I dream deeply most of the time, breathing only through my nose when I sleep & never the mouth (as I had been for decades before).  

However, I had a counter-intuitive experience afterwards.  I no longer wanted to meditate, my empathy or feelings have dulled out, almost no emotions at all,  just indifference.  If I have emotions, they are brief & then I go back to an indifferent state.  My sense of smell isn't as strong as it was.  And the pursuit of enlightenment soured.  It looks like nihilism to me now.  I'm not really sure what happened & sometimes I wonder if being put under anesthesia & coming back from that has rebooted my brain in some odd way.  I don't know what it is but I just can't care....I wonder if it's zen devilry?

Sure, if there is a psychiatry practice that offers guided LSD or 5MEO therapy, I'd look into it.  But as you know, LE isn't going to stand for that.  Everything else is comparable to playing with electricity without understanding safety.  But hasn't it ever made you wonder why something that we think is very new, like 5Meo is actually very ancient & was entirely forgotten for so long?   There might be valid reasons it was forgotten.

I'll try some self-inquiry on this little vacation I'm doing here, if I can muster up any feeling to self-inquire...lol.  I have no idea what's wrong with me in that regard.  Maybe it's just work burnout.

On 10/26/2017 at 1:30 AM, Revolutionary Think said:

@Leo Gura Did you ever manage to convince your mom to do some psychedelics? 

If he can get his Mom to do it, then I'll do it too. :D

On 10/25/2017 at 11:30 PM, Revolutionary Think said:

@Leo Gura Did you ever manage to convince your mom to do some psychedelics? 

I never really tried.

I'm sorta over the whole convincing-people-of-stuff. I already spend enough time talking calculus at mules.

I did manage to administer 5-MeO to my gf. She snorted 28mg, surrendered like a champ, and landed in Paradise. Best experience of her life.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura does your gf have a self-actualisation themed YT channel? 

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki