PretentiousHuman

Accepting The Unacceptable?

17 posts in this topic

I can't accept sometimes things that are beyond my control. Like a disaster happened or things that you are not expecting happened. Please help me!

"Wake up."

-- God

Why can't you? And what kind of help would you like?

Love ya,
Markus

18 minutes ago, PretentiousHuman said:

I can't accept sometimes things that are beyond my control. Like a disaster happened or things that you are not expecting happened. Please help me!

Do you foresee everything that is going to happen? If not, then there are bound to be unexpected events, aren't there? And so, if this is accepted, then there is no need to either accept or not accept what happens as it happens or is heard about as it, without doubt, is when it is - ie either the happening or the hearing.

Any 'response' to this event will be just another happening with no one in actual control - at most only the happening of the thought of being in or out of control.

@PretentiousHuman So if they are beyond your control, your options are: A) accept them, B) resist them. If you choose B, you will suffer extra but still accomplish nothing. So what is the point of resisting?

Actually think through what you are doing. Because it's like you're shooting yourself in the foot without realizing it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura what about acceptance of bad habits? I've been accepting my bad habits lately but no counter intitutiveness is taking place... Like all the bad habits dissolving 

@Markus I cant because I cannot let go of the situation, or circumstance. I've been meditating, and journaling but sometimes I cant really figure it out how to accept everything happening to, whether good or bad.

"Wake up."

-- God

@dorg So, are you saying that any response I have with the situation is just a thought?

"Wake up."

-- God

@Leo Gura Im glad you made a comment bro. I would choose Acceptance all day long. But its automatic that if something happened and I didn't quite like it, I immediately get angry or sad about it. I've been following you since 2014 and Ive meditated and do journaling everday. A lot of improvement happened to my life and this automatic reaction to bad situations doesn't seem to get any better. I am always thankful.

"Wake up."

-- God

I am struggling with the same. I know intellectually there is a lot of stuff i cant control, yet i try to all the time. Just be aware that you will never be able to force acceptance, either it happens or it wont. Just be mindful of this and it might happen someday. If you try to force it, it will just become harder in my experience. True acceptance is effortless.

Edited by AxelK

@AxelK I will. And I guess the people you're with also contributes to any of your negative emotions. I kinda like to be alone sometimes.

"Wake up."

-- God

8 hours ago, PretentiousHuman said:

@dorg So, are you saying that any response I have with the situation is just a thought?

There are happenings when they happen.

Then there are thoughts about happenings.

Thoughts about happenings happen when they happen.

The content of thought, whether thought to be happening or not, do not actually happen, it is only thought or believed to happen (a belief being a thought that is thought to be true). However the content definitely seems to be happening - iow, is definitely thought/believed to be happening.

Distinguish between what is happening and what is only thought to happen.

So much for the stupid cliche statement "anything is possible as long as you put your mind to it." It a big fat lie that has allowed everyone to deceive themselves into thinking that they can be guaranteed to achieve any dreams they have with hard work and dedication.

The longer you live the more you will realize that most of this world is filled with misery, pain, and futility. The work needed to achieve any dream is extremely energy draining and time-consuming and even if that didn't matter to you, most things in this world never go according to plan. Where there are victors, there will always be the vanquished. Where someone lives someone else dies. Where someone's life is saved, another's was sacrificed in the process. Where someone wins, another loses. Where there is light, there will always be darkness. Where some people live long lives, others live short lives. Where some are healthy, others are suffering debilitating or life-threatening diseases. These are the inevitable nexuses that can never be separated from each other in this world. 

What's the point of accepting anything in this accursed world when you can live in a virtual reality or play video games or watch tv and movies?

Edited by Hardkill

48 minutes ago, thehero said:

@Hardkill talk about disempowering 

I know, but sadly this is reality. Just as it is reality that we cannot just fly by ourselves or cast a magic spell.

@dorg Im applying what you have commented and it really works for me. It Kinda separate me from my thought with the use of awareness. 

"Wake up."

-- God

1 hour ago, PretentiousHuman said:

@dorg Im applying what you have commented and it really works for me. It Kinda separate me from my thought with the use of awareness. 

Yeah just say to yourself “It happened. Fact.” 

Then notice the uselessness of your thoughts trying to take it further and trying to put it in your own hands, what a waste of time