Elisabeth

Ways To Change Society - Ideas?

31 posts in this topic

@Elisabeth thread got me thinking again..

"Can this society based on competition, brutality and fear ever stop? Not like an intellectual imagination, not as a hope, but in reality, so that the mind can become fresh new and innocent and bring about a completely new and different society? That will only happen, in my opinion, if EACH AND EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US realize that we as people, no matter where we are in the world, no matter which culture we partake in, take complete and full responsibility for the welfare of the entire world" - J. Krishnamurti

But lets not forget it is going the RIGHT WAY and it is going FAST. This whole year with Jupiter in Scorpio, so many secrets and hidden stuff will come out, and everything that is "bad" for society will intensify and everything that is "good" for society will intensify. It is going to be a crazy ride this year.:ph34r::x :P Light kills darkness that's a fact. Be a light worker. Keep meditating. Keep being positive. Be brutally honest with yourself. Get to know thyself completely. Know your own violence. When you stop seeing violence in yourself, you stop seeing it in the world. That's the only way violence gets eliminated.  By not putting it into existence, by never manifesting it into your own reality. 

THEN.. you can inspire others to do the same. Never doubt that light will conquer. Doubt is always ego. 

You can't change society. Do you really think you have the power to change the lives of millions of people in any kind of meaningful way? That's the peak of delusion if you think that. Even the so-called most powerful people in the world don't have any real power. 

Let's say you are able to change the "system" of a large country like the USA. Let's say you change the capitalist system in some kind of  idealistic communist society. It doesn't change anything, because the people within that system are still exactly the same people. Changing the system of how the society is run does not change the people within that society. It's the people that create the system, not the other way around. The only time you are able to introduce some kind of revolution is if the people are ready and asking for it. But that change is inevitable, it's already set in the DNA of society. It's not cooked up by some smart-ass from a personal development forum.

Society is always changing, and there is nothing me, you or anyone can do to stop, change or hasten it. The only thing you actually can do is to contribute to society. Contribute in a way that inspires you, in a way that is connected to the people around you. Without the people, you and me are nothing. A society is more than the sum of it parts, it's not a collection of individuals alone. Yes, there are individuals. But an individual becomes totally worthless without the flavour of the whole.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

@Elisabeth Have you tried finding a specific aspect of society you would like to be different? And then working towards changing it in the direction you want?

I just read your original post again and you talk about changing society, but there is no talk about what to change about it and why to change it at all.

Maybe you need to get more specific on this and also ask yourself where your urge comes from, if you want to move forward with this.

6 hours ago, HII said:

@Elisabeth Have you tried finding a specific aspect of society you would like to be different? And then working towards changing it in the direction you want?

I just read your original post again and you talk about changing society, but there is no talk about what to change about it and why to change it at all.

Maybe you need to get more specific on this and also ask yourself where your urge comes from, if you want to move forward with this.

Thank you. I believe you're right. 

It's actually a point where I got stuck at the Life purpose course - having no idea what impact I want to have. 

I usually do NOT have the urge to actually go out and change things. My post was inspired by the #metoo campaign and our country's elections, which both, to my surprise, caught my interest and got me involved. I see this as a step forward for myself (being actually interested in what is happening around me instead of depressed and passive as I used to be in the past, or just introspective with no action taking as I tend to be today). It also had me thinking in this kind of general overview-like manner because I certainly don't want to go out there and cause more harm than good, hence I asked. (Edit: Maybe I'm actually more interested in intellectually understanding how it works, than actually doing it.)

But I have yet to decide if there's a cause I want to take on. 

Edited by Elisabeth

Find the closest mirror, smile, appreciate, love and be grateful. Now find the closest person, do the same, pass the message and tell them to do the same. All it takes is a spark of light with the right KICK and it could be a whole new world before you know it :)

B R E A T H E

@Elisabeth you can’t create a dream of locality and then be two points of consciousness at once, you can’t be other than one no matter what illusions you create. You can be wanting change, or changing, not both. You though...you...you can, I see it plain as day. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

It starts in you the change you want in the society,. See first your inner,. Because the problem in the society without awarenes is not in the outside it is inside, like Leo I don't know if he is aware of it that the first day he started this content that is the day he act to help one individual until it becomes the society to change the society.. I don't know how many lives will change after so many years, but i woke up i also starting to create my life and someday when it all settled maybe in other way i will have my own way to help others, in my own way.. all of these is Leo's projections.. all of us if we are conscious enough to see this you will realize that you can also create like Leo did to benefit all of us needs help. Or all of people he wanted to change their lives... he is successful, i hope he is aware that now? He is succesful that if he wants to change people i who wake up in this wold of full of toxic... and i'm starting step by step to create my life , my own life in this world that is beautiful and one,. This life full of mystery? It becomes mystery because we do not allow as to find what is that? But we are here because in our calling... i hope each one of us become successful in our own way like Leo Did,. Maybe successful is not like succesful in mainstream, succesful is when,is what you want you achieve it.. Leo achieves change lives,or he make a person wake up , this is the moment that i will create my life in my own way and Leo is successful because i see now the bigger picture of life in my own realities., and what Leo's talking about in this journey of self help actualization, and enlightenment..... 

On 15.11.2017 at 3:33 PM, Elisabeth said:

My post was inspired by the #metoo campaign and our country's elections

What exactly do you see in society in these two contexts that made you think about changing it? If you can pinpoint this, then you have actually something where you can ask what you can do as an individual. 

We are the world. What ever state we are in inwardly will project outward into the society. We can’t change society from a divisive standpoint. We are society so that implies we have to inquire into ourselves rigorously. If we can live psychologically healthy lives with the capacity to maintain a quiet orderly mind this will extend outward into society. Society as it is now is a reflection of each an every one of us. Its an obvious fact that we are responsible for this society. And if we are responsible for this reality in which we have created, doesn’t this imply that we can change it?

The question is do we really want to. 

Can we change this reality if we don’t claim responsibility for it? 

Edited by Faceless