Fuse

Rock Bottom - Ridiculously Terrified

51 posts in this topic

On 23. Oktober 2017 at 5:34 PM, ajasatya said:

start doing simple tasks like cleaning the floor and washing dishes while breathing mindfully. expand the practice throughout the day.

this. I came across breathing mindfully / observing my breath again and again. but I struggle so much. I can't keep it up for more than a minute throughout the day. it's so difficult. feels like it's the last thing my body/mind wants to do. the is so much resistance to focus on my breath. is that normal? or is it just me?

do you have any further tips how to float through life whilst observing the breath @ajasatya ?:$

whatever arises, love that

@Fuse I'm about your age (20). Got bad addictions too. Less relating with feelings of inadequacy and more to do with dealing with work stress.

I hope walking aimlessly about everyday will help you. I like to do it myself too, not as a habit, I just like to do it every now and again because why not? Maybe you could try to adopt that mindset too. Don't walk because you want to feel better, just walk for no reason. Let things flow.

13 hours ago, phoenix666 said:

do you have any further tips how to float through life whilst observing the breath @ajasatya ?:$

embracing the practice in new contexts. i always recommend finding a zen sangha and practicing with them at least once in a week. being part of a zen sangha is a powerful choice.

unborn Truth

@ajasatya I did a bit of research, but there are no zen sanghas near me. the nearest is still too far away for how my current life is evolving. but I'll just continue practicing with my daily yoga and meditation routine. good things don't come easily.. I trust in some kind of higher wisdom in me that will lead the way into higher consciousness :$

whatever arises, love that

On 10/22/2017 at 6:33 PM, ajasatya said:

if you really want to investigate what is True, you will run out of things to say. nothing is absolutely true. not even physics. not even mathematics, since mathematics are logical constructions made out of relative choices of humanly convenient axioms.

you won't be feeling heavy and dense emotions for the rest of your life. you just need to be up to date with the present moment and stop accumulating emotional blockages. free the emotional blockages you have at the moment and enter in the flow of Life. you should then experience Reality as a balanced river which is not dry nor overflowing.

the universe of human feelings, if experienced with order instead of chaos, is actually extraordinarily wonderful.

What a load of crap. Anything that has been strongly proven by science is undeniable. You can't just distort your perception by denying what the medical and scientific community has absolutely agreed upon. Even when it comes to math, if you are not a mathematician then how can you legitimately argue that a certain theorem, postulate, formula, or equation is false? Look, you can create something new or original (if you have very above average intelligence or talent) and you can always disprove a theory so long as you can back it up with adequately valid logic and strong enough pieces of evidence to substantiate your claims. However, the best scientists, medical doctors, and mathematicians in the world are of the highest-esteemed professionals in their field of expertise who not only have practiced what they do for a living for several years (if not decades), but also are some of the highest intellects and some of the most relevant individuals throughout the entire world. So what they say absolutely cannot be disputed, unless of course you are a scientist, medical doctor, or mathematician, whose intellect rivals or is beyond the elite of their respective fields. Otherwise, practically everything the TOP scientists, mathematicians, and medical doctors say and have demonstrated has been agreed upon by the general census of the world to not only work for society, but also has very little to no chance of being falsified. Furthermore, you can't disregard the LAWs of science, the established LAWs of society, the official RULES of created in each particular business. The LAWs of science will NEVER change because they have always and will forever determine how everything in the universe. Regarding business policies and societal laws, those rules are very difficult if not almost impossible to change because those rules are there to establish order and fairness as much as possible. The reason societal laws are exceedingly hard to change in a highly civilized society such as the U.S. is because there is always too many differing opinions on a certain matter for the country. Sure, kings or queens in a country governed by monarchy, have the power to easily change their laws of their nation, and a president, such as Putin, in a country ruled mostly by the oligarchy can also revise the laws of its nation much more easily compared to nations with democratic institutions. However, monarchy and oligarchy are such primitive and obsolete systems of ruling that are completely inferior to democracy and create an extremely unfair environment for the vast majority of the citizens in any nation. How about considering the consequences of one's actions in any situation? You can't just ignore the consequences of committing a crime, physically harming someone, or creeping many people out and then expect to get away with it (at least not for long). Lastly, what you see, hear, feel, smell, or taste (unless ofc you're hallucinating). Reality is reality.

Edited by Hardkill

45 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Also, if you are a not a mathematician then how can you legitimately argue that a certain theorem, postulate, formula, or equation is false?

i am a mathematician xD

i'm not saying that those theorems/postulates/formulas/equations are false. i am saying that they are true only if you assume a certain set of primary axioms, which are true by definition, not because of some fundamental and undeniable truth.

and about physics, no. sorry. no (competent) physicist has ever claimed to have found a single undeniable/fundamental truth. the experiments can confirm that a formula works under some circumstances, but it's impossible to prove that Reality has those very mathematical formulas running behind the curtains. formulas, theorems etc are merely models for reality. they don't describe any objective truth and every scientist knows this very well. we simply build models that work. and i know that they work pretty damn well. not only they work well but we're working hard to make they work even better as time passes by. this why i'm able to pay the bills every month :D

unborn Truth

14 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

i am a mathematician xD

i'm not saying that those theorems/postulates/formulas/equations are false. i am saying that they are true only if you assume a certain set of primary axioms, which are true by definition, not because of some fundamental and undeniable truth.

and about physics, no. sorry. no (competent) physicist has ever claimed to have found a single undeniable/fundamental truth. the experiments can confirm that a formula works under some circumstances, but it's impossible to prove that Reality has those very mathematical formulas running behind the curtains. formulas, theorems etc are merely models for reality. they don't describe any objective truth and every scientist knows this very well. we simply build models that work. and i know that they work pretty damn well. not only they work well but we're working hard to make they work even better as time passes by. this why i'm able to pay the bills every month :D

Are you actually a mathematician? That's dope.

True, no formulas, theory, theorem, model, or what have you is an undeniable/fundamental truth for anything that explains how and why the universe works the way it works. However, they are again, extremely difficult to disprove or change just like business policies or societal laws in most countries are. On the other hand, scientific laws and what we see, hear, feel, smell, or taste are themselves undeniable truths. Also, forgoing all judgment and logic would cause anyone to be both very foolish and stupid.

Edited by Hardkill

26 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

On the other hand, scientific laws [...] are themselves undeniable truths. Also, forgoing all judgment and logic would cause anyone to be both very foolish and stupid.

scientific laws are not undeniable truths. natural laws are. scientifc laws are a "poor" translation of Reality for the human experience. they are poor because they are not Reality and they will never be. and they are not poor because they're useful, practical (only!).

and nobody should drop his intellect forever. our logical apparatus is WONDERFUL. just don't think that it's 100% reliable.
it's even possible to have a mystical experience by dropping ALL beliefs and letting go of the intellectual pride.

also, addressing what someone else said by "load of crap" is a very low attitude.

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

1 minute ago, ajasatya said:

scientific laws are not undeniable truths. natural laws are. scientifc laws are a "poor" translation of Reality for the human experience. they are poor because they are not Reality and they will never be. and they are not poor because they're useful, practical (only!).

and nobody should drop his intellect forever. our logical apparatus is WONDERFUL. just don't think that it's 100% reliable.
it's even possible to have a mystical experience by dropping ALL beliefs and letting go of the intellectual pride.

Well ok, technically that's true regarding scientific and natural laws. However, you can't deny reality (at least not for long) and every serious matter has consequences. 

@Fuse Hey man.

The spiritual side of depression was a lucky occurrence for me a while ago.

Very rapidly, I have changed my lifestyle, ditched some addictions, created new habits, and changed my diet. But in this foreign realm of discomfort from lack of homeostasis, I experienced spiritual depression. From my depressed standpoint, looking at anything that would give me joy (thinking about it) only filtered out the negative sides of it, "it will be over anyway", "joy? you're never gonna get happy", "nothing matters". These thought all rooted from the emotion in my chest. As an experienced meditator, I let my monkey mind go and kinda "felt away" the emotion. Now, at being back at baseline, but my monkey mind in the depressive cycle, I just peacefully meditated it away. From the peace came positive thoughts. My goals started arising, my excitement for the day, everything that didn't and couldn't exist within the realm of depression/anxiety. 

Your thoughts are reflections of your emotions, your negative emotions are there because you have not taken the time to bother enduring them, looking into them and purify them. If you sweep them under the rug, you are just delaying them, but resolving them is the way to go. 

Also, pre-trip anxiety is durable, but mixing thought patterns into it, makes it not-durable. Not mixing in thought into reality = mindfulness. Mindfulness is meditation. You can never think your way out of depression because your thoughts in the depressive state are making up the depression, you cant get out of it like that. Just get mindful of the fact, at least, try it yourself.

A very pleasant way to meditate is the Wim Hoff breathing method + Leos no-manipulation method (Guided meditation).

And if you really want proof of the mindfulness thing, take a cold shower. You become mindful to endure the situation, it's a survival mechanic. If you take a cold shower and imagine that you are sinking with titanic of something, you are more likely to suffer and panic, right?

Hope this was worth your time.

Consider listening to Eckart Tolle "The Power of Now" on a walk.