Scholar

Depths Of Enlightenment

10 posts in this topic

Is there a good conceptualization of the depth of enlightenment?

So, regular enlightenment seems to be the getting rid of the ego, but what is beyond that? Is beyond that the investigation of consciousness itself, and beyond that the investigation of what makes consciousness "appear"? Or is it more like going "into" aspects of consciousness and zooming in?

Leo is talking about the Absolute, but expiriencing the Absolute doesn't seem to be getting rid of the ego, even though the ego seems to be in the way of reaching that expirience? And why is Leo so sure that you cannot go beyond the Absolute? Is it a logical conclusion, and then, why would one trust a logical conclusion in the face of investigating consciousness? How can you reach the limit of something if it's limitless?

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

18 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Is there a good conceptualization of the depth of enlightenment?

A lot. Not just one. Find you own by getting enlightened. ;)

18 minutes ago, Scholar said:

So, regular enlightenment seems to be the getting rid of the ego, but what is beyond that?

No, you can't really get rid of the ego but you can integrate it. Your ego on it's most basic level is the way you perceive as a human being and then everything that you make out of that. You can integrate the battle that is created in you and you can understand who YOU really are, that's enlightenment.

Beyond enlightenment is everything that enlightenment is not. You can get enlightened about an infinite amount of topics.

22 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Is beyond that the investigation of consciousness itself, and beyond that the investigation of what makes consciousness "appear"? Or is it more like going "into" aspects of consciousness and zooming in?

As I said, there is an infinite amount of things you can get enlightened about. Pick the one you want to know. There is no "god-given" manual here.

23 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Leo is talking about the Absolute, but expiriencing the Absolute doesn't seem to be getting rid of the ego, even though the ego seems to be in the way of reaching that expirience?

Can you experience the Absolute (infinity) through an finite, illusionary construct called the ego? I doubt that. ;)

24 minutes ago, Scholar said:

And why is Leo so sure that you cannot go beyond the Absolute? Is it a logical conclusion, and then, why would one trust a logical conclusion in the face of investigating consciousness? How can you reach the limit of something if it's limitless?

Try 5-MeO-DMT for yourself and your question will be answered. Otherwise you are just a character in a movie making claims about the person that watches the movie on his television. Think about that.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

10 minutes ago, Azrael said:

A lot. Not just one. Find you own by getting enlightened. ;)

No, you can't really get rid of the ego but you can integrate it. Your ego on it's most basic level is the way you perceive as a human being and then everything that you make out of that. You can integrate the battle that is created in you and you can understand who YOU really are, that's enlightenment.

Beyond enlightenment is everything that enlightenment is not. You can get enlightened about an infinite amount of topics.

As I said, there is an infinite amount of things you can get enlightened about. Pick the one you want to know. There is no "god-given" manual here.

Can you experience the Absolute (infinity) through an finite, illusionary construct called the ego? I doubt that. ;)

Try 5-MeO-DMT for yourself and your question will be answered. Otherwise you are just a character in a movie making claims about the person that watches the movie on his television. Think about that.

But not everyone taking 5-MeO-DMT makes the same claims, so who am I to trust, and why am I to trust myself?

Glory to Israel

I guess you weren't aware of this thread here:

You might find some helpful information there. I found it very interesting.

"Leo is talking about the Absolute"

And why is Leo so sure that you cannot go beyond the Absolute?

Leo isn't self realized.

@Scholar if you 'get beyond the ego' there is nothing more. the ego is thinking these things.  you are the ego.  beyond the ego is absolute.  the word absolute, means absolute.  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, Scholar said:

How can you reach the limit of something if it's limitless?

Exactly. But you're not yet grasping the full consequences of this. If a thing is limitless, it is one, which leaves nothing beyond it.

The Truth is massive. It's like you're an ant crawling on an elephant trying to see the whole thing. You will have to crawl around for a long time to see all the parts even though it's just one elephant.

The Absolute isn't a logical conclusion. You cannot get to it through logic.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

There is no ego that can ever become enlightened, there are states of transcendence, experiences that exists only in extremely high consciousness, a reality that no normal human being knows exists and which no ego can survive from.  Dive deep my friend.

51 minutes ago, Scholar said:

But not everyone taking 5-MeO-DMT makes the same claims, so who am I to trust, and why am I to trust myself?

You aren't to trust anyone, least of all yourself.

Hence self-inquiry.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Scholar said:

Now I'm gonna say the opposite of what @Leo Gura just said: When you do it, only trust yourself.

Now, who is right? He or me? Both? Nobody? Find out when you get there. The thing is, you can talk all you want. Get there and just see for yourself. That's where the gold is. ;)

Edited by Azrael

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.