Elephant

Factual Text About Lsd From A Swedish Webite

70 posts in this topic

Here is some pretty fresh research from Sweden about LSD that I consider very valid.

@Elephant I have not tried LSD but shrooms a couple of times. The first time I got a bit paranoid, but I had the trip description and info from MM to lean on which made me feel safe. Flashback may have some good info but I think you should be a bit a little skeptical

@username i havent read anything about psychedelics, the thingis I know l know is what leo have said in his videos, since many have in this forum O thought I could get an everlasting answer. I get scared when a vaild website say that you can get psychosis and personality distordes, so O figure l question it here:)

@Elephant You need to do lots of research before acting so rashly. These aren't toys.

@username does it seem like I think it’s toys? I have huge trust in Leo and what he says regarding psychedelics in his videos, i have a pretty good understanding of how deceptive the ego is which I think is the most important thing. Is it really nessecary to read alot about it? 

@Elephant

Just now, Elephant said:

Is it really nessecary to read alot about it? 

Yeah

Research from different resources. Note you didn't list the likelihood of these things happening. If you consider the odds, and consider the odds of bad things happening from many things we rarely second-guess, you will likely discover LSD is not that dangerous under most circumstances.

Edited by Markus

@liquid hahaha, I will always be sceptical about flashback;) but reading tripreports seems fine there:)

This sounds like an ego wanting to control a trip experience. I can relate. My ego’s most effective tool is fear. It produces scary images of what “could” happen if I trip. For me, not the best mindset heading into a trip. If my ego is trying to maintain control before the trip even starts, it’s gonna be a rough ride. . . 

Ego dissolution aint easy. My ego doesn’t want to let go and surrender. My trips have included anxiety, fear and insanity as well as beauty, liberation, insight and awe. 

A comprimise you could make with your ego is to do a mini dose. You will get a new perspective and the ego will likely still feel in control. Yet, I predict the ego will use scare tactics against this option as well

@SFRL That analogy suggests that psychedelics are unnatural and unhealthy. which is not my experience.

The counter analogy would be: a person is ill due to a vitamin deficiency. They could eat a vegetable that provides that nutrient and make rapid progress toward health. Or they couuld spend the next 20 years in illness trying to figure out how to synthesize the vitamin themself.

@Elephant This sounds like an ego wanting to control a trip experience. I can relate. My ego’s most effective tool is fear. It produces scary images of what “could” happen if I trip. For me, not the best mindset heading into a trip. If my ego is trying to maintain control before the trip even starts, it’s gonna be a rough ride. . . 

Ego dissolution aint easy. My ego doesn’t want to let go and surrender. My trips have included anxiety, fear and insanity as well as beauty, liberation, insight and awe. 

A comprimise you could make with your ego is to do a mini dose. You will get a new perspective and the ego will likely still feel in control. Yet, I predict the ego will use scare tactics against this option as well

Edited by Serotoninluv

@Serotoninluv which psychedelic did you take?:) ofc, the ego always want controll, it doesnt work trying not having controll ;)

32 minutes ago, Elephant said:

@Serotoninluv which psychedelic did you take?:) ofc, the ego always want controll, it doesnt work trying not having controll ;)

I’ve used about eight different forms.

ofc. . . still the ego playing control games. Psychedelics will remove all that. 

Edited by Serotoninluv

@Serotoninluv when your trips included anxiey and such, was that because you saw supressed stuff in yourself or was it just pure unconcsious anxiety? 

Edited by Elephant

For me, the anxiety is generally about losing control and fear of what “could” happen if I lost control. (I could do something harmful! I could be going insane!). Sometimes there is anxiety that I can’t make it stop.

Other trips there is little or  no anxiety.

With experience, letting go and surrendering is getting easier. For some it comes naturally, but not for me. 

Edited by Serotoninluv

@Serotoninluv the person i’m getting dmt from says that it could be good to not take a very small dose the first time, becuase the brain get’s used to it? Seems false, regarding psychedelics.

Edited by Elephant

"Many also get several different problem, like psychoses and depression and even personality disorders.”

This is factually incorrect. "Many" does not get depression or psychosis after a LSD-experience. "Some" rarely do, but the incidence rate of mental problems in people doing psychedelics are lower than in the general population.

Sources (studies):

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3747247/ and  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25744618 

"There were no significant associations between lifetime use of any psychedelics, lifetime use of specific psychedelics (LSD, psilocybin, mescaline, peyote), or past year use of LSD and increased rate of any of the mental health outcomes. Rather, in several cases psychedelic use was associated with lower rate of mental health problems

We did not find use of psychedelics to be an independent risk factor for mental health problems."

"We failed to find evidence that psychedelic use is an independent risk factor for mental health problems. Psychedelics are not known to harm the brain or other body organs or to cause addiction or compulsive use; serious adverse events involving psychedelics are extremely rare. Overall, it is difficult to see how prohibition of psychedelics can be justified as a public health measure."

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

2 hours ago, Elephant said:

@Serotoninluv the person i’m getting dmt from says that it could be good to not take a very small dose the first time, becuase the brain get’s used to it? Seems false, regarding psychedelics.

I’ve done Ayahuasca, yet not straight dmt. Is that your first psychedelic? That’s pretty intense for a newbie. (Your op said lsd)

Some people assert it’s key to reach “breakthrough” levels. 

Edited by Serotoninluv

@Serotoninluv I have’nt tried anything yet, he has lsd, can likely get dmt and even 5-meo. If just got a chance to buy 5 meo i would buy for like four trips just in case :P  ive said to him that i want three of each to begin with, so i’ll try lsd three times before dmt :) and then hopefully meo9_9

@Elephant If you are unsure about LSD maybe you should give mushrooms a chance? It has a much shorter duration wich has a calming effect if you are afraid of "freaking out". Since you are in Sweden "im in Norway btw" psilocybe semilanceata "fleinsopp" are available in abdundance. Start out with low dosages like a gram and less, gives you great space for self reflection without any hallucinations and you get to feel what its like.. Its much clearer and a lot less overwhelming than you would imagine.. Then adjust upwards to your liking. I have had great use of them without catapulting myself into the universe xD:D Set, setting, knowledge and intention is 90% of the experience.

god tur:)