Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TJ Reeves

The Closest You'll Get To Truth Is Beauty

3 posts in this topic

Find what's beautiful, and you'll find what's true. Find what's true, and you'll find what's beautiful. Even for what you think might be ugly at first.

Tenacious D once wrote a song called Tribute. In the song, they describe having played the best song in the world but forgetting the lyrics. Now, they can only pay homage to the song, and hope to listen to the greatest song again. This is what spirituality is like, except with the Absolute truth.

The reason no one can tell you the absolute truth or even describe the absolute truth is the closest you will ever come is the act of witnessing and feeling pure divine beauty - a sign of the underlying Truth that connects all. Do not think that enlightenment is an event that happens once and never again.

The question is: Do you see the beauty now? Can you find the underlying connection now? Are you aware of the great song in the world - the song of life - right now?

So make no mistake - I can not, will not, should not ever purport to tell you the absolute Truth.

No one can. Not even Jesus. Anyone who does is a false prophet.

No word, no painting, no book, no drug, no meditation can either. Those are even falser prophets.

The only thing Thing that is the Truth is The Truth. But at least Beauty will point you in the right direction.

Will you choose to pay attention to the Beauty of the Truth in everything and the Truth of Beauty in Everything?

That is up to you.

Edited by TJ Reeves

I replied to a post where I think I was essentially referring to what you're talking about here. Interesting it seems we came to similar conclusions on our own. 

Beauty is indeed magical. The percieving of beauty is Truth.

Edited by LaucherJunge