Forestluv

Is There An Outside World?

19 posts in this topic

I just watched the below video and feel stuck. I know concepts aren't "it". Yet, my mind is wired for this concept, so perhaps removing a concept might help.

During the first 7 minutes a woman asks if there is an outside world. She says her seeing, hearing and touching indicate there are objects outside of herself.

To me, Rupert seems to offer two possibilities:

1) People are individuals. Each person receives information through sight, sound and touch that there are objects and a world outside themselves. Each person confirms this perspective/reality with each other.

2) There is a single shared higher consciousness. There is one "program" that is "downloaded" into minds and we therefore perceive similarly.

He then asks "What are you going to believe: your own experience or what you have been told by Western civilization?".

The thing is, 99% of my life experience seems aligned with #1. There are objects outside of me. It is the rare "glimpses" of experience that seem aligned with option #2. Rupert makes the point that we are conditioned for #1 our whole life and it's challenging to free ourselves from it.

An analogy that I think may help me: Everything within a dream is part of a single higher consciousness. There are many people, animals, objects etc. that appear to be separate, yet they are all within the dream (higher state of consciousness).

Edited by Serotoninluv

7 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

There are objects outside of me.

is this "me" a real thing or just a concept?

it's possible to see and to feel. but what is seeing what?

unborn Truth

3 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

is this "me" a real thing or just a concept?

it's possible to see and to feel. but what is seeing what?

Right. That gets at what is the "source" of the seeing and feeling.

One could say the brain and physical body sees and feels by processing external information, which is consistent with option 2.

What I see and feel is my own perception and this the only thing I can experience. If I experience "outside" objectives (which are only concepts which have no real boundary) I experience myself. It is perception of what I think I'm seeing. Therefor I can see everything as one, it is all my experience and the one and only "I" will ever have.

24 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

but what is seeing what?

That is what it all boils down to at the end of the day really isn't it. 

From your experience@ajasatya , without the 'we are all That' , do you believe you have fully dissolved into That? 

2 minutes ago, Brimstone said:

do you believe you have fully dissolved into That?

no. i only hold practical beliefs and i know that they're just beliefs.

what i experience is a 24/7 awareness of this egoic fantasy. there are no attachments. no optional suffering being created.

my main skills are to stay still and to let go.

unborn Truth

That's beautiful man, I love your honesty. Ego awareness is just starting to bubble up again within me which has been breaking down some walls. 

To be honest though I feel like I f*cked up letting ego grab me by the balls again. 

That is a really good point of enquiry @Toby

I was enquiring on that when I went to sleep the other night and I had the most vivid dream of a voice spitting truth. I know that was just a dream also and doesn't touch That, but I felt comforted by the fact that enquiring what is aware during deep sleep, led to a sense of peace and happiness.

2 hours ago, Principium Nexus said:

What I see and feel is my own perception and this the only thing I can experience. If I experience "outside" objectives (which are only concepts which have no real boundary) I experience myself. It is perception of what I think I'm seeing. Therefor I can see everything as one, it is all my experience and the one and only "I" will ever have.

So perceiving all as one or as separate objects are both possible? You can shift your perspective to one or the other?

Sometimes I feel like I'm flipping between dual and nondual perspectives. Like they are two different languages.

I don’t think you’re stuck, I think you’re rockin.    The illusion can’t be thought out, because thinking adds to it, and is of it 

Edited by Nahm

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

49 minutes ago, Nahm said:

I don’t think you’re stuck, I think you’re rockin.    The illusion can’t be thought out, because thinking adds to it, and is of it 

Yea well I’m gonna figure this whole thing out and give the best fuckin’ Ted Talk ever!!

Edited by Serotoninluv

There is one primordial awareness. Awarness illuminates all of existence. Consciousness is a reference point (and there are infinite reference points) in which thoughts, emotions, situations, behaviors, beliefs, paradigms... are stored in the field of consciousness. We are one but we are also different because of that. 

The body has an aura (Google:kirlian photography aura). If we would put different people and did a kirlian photography we could differentiate their aura.

DNA emits light. DNA are the instructions and data for the biological organism to come into existence. #Beings of light ...... note that awareness illuminates, just like light.

We experience reality inside our energy bubble, aura/ field of consciousness.

22365637_2006325566278283_8777762882103703320_n.jpg

11 hours ago, Toby said:

@ajasatya are you aware during deep dreamless sleep?

good question, even though i didn't mean 24/7 literally, but only 100% of the conscious experience throughout the day (night dreaming not included).

and since you mentioned, as a matter of spiritual investigation, does deep dreamless sleep even exist O.o? i've never experienced it.
but this is no subject for this thread. just some food for thought.

unborn Truth

What sees this ''outside'' world? The eyes supported by the brain? Or is it consciousness? From what authority can someone say that there is an outside world, clearly only from direct experience, but isn't experience within, aka when you sleep the outside world perishes etc. There is no way to say that an outside world exists, all there is is ultimately direct experience, without it nothing exists. With experience comes an apparent outside world, no question about it, but experience clearly comes before it.

The outside world is created by the brain as a sum up of perceptions. Out of the brain colors doesnt exist, not forms, and sounds.